You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/17086.html
November 15, 2006 12:00 PM EST

by Alan Bexley

On a rainy January day George Walker Bush was inaugurated the 43rd President of the United States. Bush was not popular with the majority of the American population who egged his limo as he drove down Pennsylvania Avenue. Then something happened that turned every thing around. On Septemer 11, 2001 radical Islamists hijacked four American Commercial Airliners, and crashed two of them into the World Trade Center and 1 into the Pentagon. The American public was in shock, as for Bush, he was reading to school children, having spent the previous month on vacation at his ranch in Crawford, TX. After being told the country was under attack he finally got up.
After the attack the people rallied to Bush and patriotism was in the air. Bush repeatedly blamed Saddam Hussein ( along with Ossama Bin Laden). The U.S. invaded Afghanistan to oust the Taliban and to capture the culprit responsible named Osama Bin Laden. Then when the Taliban was defeated even though Bin Laden had not been captured. America made a new war front irrelevant to 9/11. The invasion of Iraq.

Since then what progress has America made? Our economy which was booming with one of the biggest surpluses the U.S. had ever had is now in tatters. Our foreign policy which was pretty good during the Clinton years has dissappeared. Today we are the most hated country on a worldwide basis. The war in Iraq has become a disaster because of unbelievably poor planning on this adminstrations part. Under Bush, a huge corporate strangle hold was formed. Now lobbyists seem to control the actions of Congress. Freedom of speech has been limited by the Patriot act. The show "Politically Incorrect" was cancelled, revered newscaster, Dan Rather was forced to retire for reporting something which was true but unverifiable about Bush's embarrassing war record (or lack thereof). Our Environment is awful and though we have been found to burn more fossil fuels than the rest of the world, we did not sign the Kyoto Treaty (we and Austrailia were the only two not to sign). Recently it came out that Bush appointees had scientists reports saying the affects global warming would be devastating edited out (truly a horrific action).

Yet during all this (2004), he remained somewhat popular. The reason, he used religion as a smoke screen to get support of people by saying he prayed and went to church. Which is why he won the election in 2004. He used issues like gay marriage and abortion to get people like Jerry Fallwell and Pat Robertson and other crazy Evangelicals to support for him.( Wonder what Jesus would say about his tax cuts, war, and pollution policies?).

Since then we have seen some of the scandals unravel. The one with the most publicity was the Valerie Plame case. As an act of incredible vindictiveness, Cheney had her secret identity publicly revealed to get back at her husband for reporting the truth about Saddam's lack of a weapons program! As outlandish as this is, little did anyone know that it would take a force of nature to bring Bush down.

When Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans Bush took 8 days to respond and send help to the area. This was the begining of the end for Bush's moderate poll numbers. Then after that you had the Abramoff story. Lobbyist, Jack Abramoff was caught passing out huge sums of money and giving away trips to primarily Republican Congressman. He is listed on the White House guest registry an unbelievable number of times. Wonder when it will come out how much he gave Bush & Co. for favors? Ah, the beat just seems to go on. Two more years of this! Bush should be an embarrassment to any true conservative. He has truly let all of America down. He sold us to the highest bidder.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
click the link and go to bottom and click comments, pretty interesting.. i would not have signed Kyoto Treaty either.its hard enough compeating with china, this is memory only, but we had to play by a seperate set of rules i think as china got to play under an easier set, but my memory may be wrong, but interesting never the less, i remember my views on kyoto going back and forth , but kyoto has been a fairly long time ago,take care

gypsy

gypsy
Figi a good post, I hope the next ones in office investigate all of cheny's and bushes corrupt dealings, i agree Bush has sold america to the highest bidder~
I hope all the dirty deeds are exposed from this admistration, but I won't hold my breath.. Very good comments.. What has Bush done for America?   (Lest we forget.) 592180

Rosco, I did read the comments before I posted the text. Some conservatives may try to make what they consider a justified argument on Bush's behalf. So be it.

But at the end of the day, he has messed up so much that it is silly to try to defend him on one issue in which he might have been right.

I am so glad I am an independent and do not feel devoted to a "party". I rather use my own sound judgement in the voting booth.
Take care! What has Bush done for America?   (Lest we forget.) 67629

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
oh i have mixed emotions, i dont think Bush is a crook, some things i agree with and some i dont, i did not vote for him but i dont dislike him. and i think laura is a nice first lady, i dont think anything will be investigated as i dont believe there is anything corrupt,if there were actually any meat to any coruption, u know some democrates would have held investigations. but we have an elections coming, and this summer should have some lively conventions.. we in alabama dont have to choose a party affliation, dont know if u heard rush limbaugh, telling republicans to vote for hillary, we were way ahead of him, alabama voted months ago and seveal of us at worked and talked and decided to vote for hilllary, to actually vote against obama, i will vote macain in the general election,,,, his senate record is more central than he talks, he has to say things now as to keep the super conservatives half way happy,, i do think he will be his own man, when he is in, a man that has endured what he did for almost 6 years in hanoi, and his age, i dont think once in if he wins will be swayed, and has his own agenda,.. which many republicans dont like, most republicans want to drill in anwar for oil but not macain, which surprises me, but even if they did, i have heard numbers from 7 to 10 years before oil would actually come to market from there.. i have been meaning to read up on anwar, im not oposed to drilling there, i think i heard, and tyler may know more since he is in florida, but different coast they will not drill off the atlantic shelf, that too i need to study up on.. but right now my boat need me working on it, lol,,,ugg boat gas this summer, ouch!!!
sorry for the language but hillary got screwed, she took the big states,and if the dems had winner take all like the repulicans, and i hate that caucus state thing,, and if florida, had not been so stupid,, she would have won...

Oh, I don't think he is corrupt either in the sense of out and out harmful intentions. He did the best he was capable of and/or qualified to do as holder of the highest office. There in lies the problem with diplomacy with the rest of the world.

"My way or the highway" mentality doesn't work for elementary school house bullies, so how can any of us expect it to work coming from the white house? I didn't vote for him last time and I am surprised so many proclaimed conservatives are still supporting him. They must have one eye shut with both ears plugged.

you mean like rosco? lol

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
lol,, yep thats the ticket, lol, thanks for the notoriety.take care

Figi, with all due respect, that article by Bexley was a load o'crap. Bexley is a neo-conservative who hates Bush because of Bush's percieved "liberal" stance on very specific issues. Abortion,immigration, embryonic science, etc. And there lies the rub. The left HATES Bush because they hate all conservatives and the Christian right HATE Bush because he isn't conservative enough. Sheesh. This nation has become polarized into stupidity and Bexley's article is the fodder for those who will divide us. The left want to put Bush in prison and the x-ian right want to put us back 100 years. After 7 years of economic success, the left claim Bush has ruined the economy. Because CONGRESS has spent hundreds of billions on credit, it is all Bush's fault that we are deeply in debt,say the right. Scapegoating is stupid and unproductive. You are certainly not stupid, so why repeat the blog-crap?

Last edited by meemoon on Sat May 17, 2008 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added "repeat")

Hi Marc, I think of the World Wide Web as a newspaper. Articles are published by columnist to the web. "Blogs" are usually maintained by an individual.

Granted, not everyone would agree with the author's point of view, but I happen to agree with the contents of this one. I have read articles I thought were *over the top* in bashing. As for me, I didn't see one statement in the article that could be disputed.

Of course, there are articles out there on the web that point out positive points made by this administration. Many readers think if an article contains stats or voices from experts in any given discipline, it must be the whole truth and nothing but the truth. With all being human, that generally happens when the contents support that reader's point of view. Manipulation of stats happens frequently.

I totally agree that the left/right crap is polarizing.

It is debatable whether or not I am *stupid* ! I guess it depends on one's point of view. What has Bush done for America?   (Lest we forget.) 457757

"As for me, I didn't see one statement in the article that could be disputed." (Really? Not one? Let's take a closer look at that collection of Bush-bashing bullshit: "On a rainy January day George Walker Bush was inaugurated the 43rd President of the United States. Bush was not popular with the majority of the American population who egged his limo as he drove down Pennsylvania Avenue". (Neither was Gore. Neither candidate got +50% of the popular vote.) "Then something happened that turned every thing around. On Septemer 11, 2001 radical Islamists hijacked four American Commercial Airliners, and crashed two of them into the World Trade Center and 1 into the Pentagon. The American public was in shock, as for Bush, he was reading to school children, having spent the previous month on vacation at his ranch in Crawford, TX. After being told the country was under attack he finally got up". (What? "finally"?? What does that mean? Bush not jumping up and rushing out of a classroom full of children showed plain, common sense. And what does the fact of his previous vacation have to do with it? Just more bashing CRAP)
"After the attack the people rallied to Bush and patriotism was in the air. Bush repeatedly blamed Saddam Hussein ( along with Ossama Bin Laden)".[That is a goddamn lie. Saddam had been aiming his anti-aircraft weapons at our planes and helicopters in the "no fly zone for 10 years, and many were actually fired on. Saddam had repeatedly prohibited the UN inspectors from verifying that he had destroyed his WMDs that he had used before. Bush had made it abundantly clear that he would take military action if Saddam didn't abide by the cease fire agreement he had signed and the UN resolutions demanding his co-operation with the inspectors. Maybe you and Bexley forgot about that. Please quote to me any statements by Bush, before we invaded, that he blamed Saddam for 9/11) "The U.S. invaded Afghanistan to oust the Taliban and to capture the culprit responsible named Osama Bin Laden. Then when the Taliban was defeated even though Bin Laden had not been captured. America made a new war front irrelevant to 9/11. The invasion of Iraq". (So what? No direct connection to 9/11 was necessary. Some blather was said AFTER the invasion, but so what? The invasion was openly planned and executed. All Saddam had to do was abide by the UN resolutions. Perhaps you and Bexley missed all this))

"Since then what progress has America made? Our economy which was booming with one of the biggest surpluses the U.S. had ever had is now in tatters" (Another bald faced lie. In 2004, when this load o'crap was written, the economy was in fine shape despite the economic disruptions caused by 9/11 and subsequent events. As a matter of fact, post 9/11 economics were great and resulted in one of the most successful periods in American history. Perhaps you and Mr. Bexley suffered some economic setbacks.The vast majority of Americans didn't). "Our foreign policy which was pretty good during the Clinton years has dissappeared. Today we are the most hated country on a worldwide basis." (Another lie. Show me any independent studies or polls, taken on a worldwide basis, in which the USA is concluded to be the most hated nation in the world). "The war in Iraq has become a disaster because of unbelievably poor planning on this adminstrations part." (This is the ONLY part of Bexley's nonsense that makes any sense) "Under Bush, a huge corporate strangle hold was formed. Now lobbyists seem to control the actions of Congress." (Lobbyists have ALWAYS controlled Congress. Where have you been?) "Freedom of speech has been limited by the Patriot act." (Really? How has your freedom of speech been curtailed? When? By who? What have you, I, or Bexley been prohibited from saying?) "The show "Politically Incorrect" was cancelled," (!!!! OH MY GOD! Show me any credible statement by anyone in the entertainment industry that Bush forced "Politically Incorrect" off the air. Utter nonsense meant for conspiricy fools) "... revered newscaster, Dan Rather was forced to retire for reporting something which was true but unverifiable about Bush's embarrassing war record (or lack thereof)." (Oh boy, poor Dan Rather. Rather was forced to retire for basing a news report on doctored and unverified documents. And let me see, anyone who served in the Nat Gd has an "embarrassing" war record? I'm sure all those who served their country honorably, as Bush did, will appreciate yours and Bexley's support and appreciation. Perhaps we should disband the Guard since only cowards and slackers serve in it) "Our Environment is awful and though we have been found to burn more fossil fuels than the rest of the world, we did not sign the Kyoto Treaty (we and Austrailia were the only two not to sign). Recently it came out that Bush appointees had scientists reports saying the affects global warming would be devastating edited out "truly a horrific action". (More bullshit. Although I believe that human activity has contributed to global warming,it is not a proven theorum. Bush cannot and should not make decisions that can profoundly affect our economy based on popularly held beliefs. If the science was questionable, it should have been discarded as a basis for decision making. And as Roscoe pointed out, China and India were given a free hand to avoid it's requirements and without their participation, the whole thing is just meaningless wheel spinning)

"Yet during all this (2004), he remained somewhat popular. The reason, he used religion as a smoke screen to get support of people by saying he prayed and went to church. Which is why he won the election in 2004." (Oh, I see. You agree with Bexley and Barak Obama that religious expression is just a tool) "He used issues like gay marriage and abortion to get people like Jerry Fallwell and Pat Robertson and other crazy Evangelicals to support for him."Wonder what Jesus would say about his tax cuts, war, and pollution policies?". (This last line is just gratuitous nonsense not worth responding to. Who in the hell else in that election would they have supported?)

"Since then we have seen some of the scandals unravel. The one with the most publicity was the Valerie Plame case. As an act of incredible vindictiveness, Cheney had her secret identity publicly revealed to get back at her husband for reporting the truth about Saddam's lack of a weapons program! As outlandish as this is, little did anyone know that it would take a force of nature to bring Bush down." (Jeezus H Christ. Everyone and their dog knew that Plame worked for the CIA. Plame was "outed" by Novak after discussions with Rove and Libby. Implying that Bush/Cheney engineered all this and proving they did are two different scenarios. Plame was a Bush basher herself and I can't believe anything she says. Maybe you can, for some reason.)

"When Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans Bush took 8 days to respond and send help to the area." (An inredible goddamn lie. The US Coast Guard started positioning resources 3 days BEFORE the storm made landfall and Bush declared a "state of emergency 2 days BEFORE the storm hit. Brown and Chertoff did a lousy job and Bush admitted it, so why the lying? You didn't find reason to dispute this fabrication about the "8 day" delay? Why not?) "This was the begining of the end for Bush's moderate poll numbers. Then after that you had the Abramoff story. Lobbyist, Jack Abramoff was caught passing out huge sums of money and giving away trips to primarily Republican Congressman. He is listed on the White House guest registry an unbelievable number of times. Wonder when it will come out how much he gave Bush & Co. for favors? Ah, the beat just seems to go on." (You betcha it does. Kinda like when Clinton/Gore rented out bedrooms at the Whitehouse as if it was a Holiday Inn. Sorta like Clinton selling pardons to drug dealers for cash. The beat goes on indeed.) "Two more years of this! Bush should be an embarrassment to any true conservative. He has truly let all of America down. He sold us to the highest bidder." (And pray tell, who in the hell would that be? So we can't vote anymore since the country is no longer ours? Guess Hillary never had a chance and Obama is a secret operative for our new "owners", Right? Did you actually read this crap before you said that you agree with everything in it? So let's summarize: You found nothing in Bexleys rant that could be disputed? Perhaps I'm crazy AND stupid because the whole thing appears to be a hack/hit job on Bush, and obviously so. What has Bush delivered? 7 years of a booming economy, cut short by thieves in the loan business, not GW, and no attacks on USA soil. Given Bush's limitations and the constant hysterical Bush bashing, he's done surprisingly well.)

Last edited by meemoon on Sat May 17, 2008 8:52 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : punctuation and spelling)

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
wow great post, i was just going to post that same thing, lol, teasing, your grasp of the issues impress me beyond anything i have read.
some say that they hope bush and cheney, will be investigated for all the coruption ,, do these ppl not know if there was any there , there, that a democratic house would be on their butts NOW with congressional investigations while they still have supena power and could lessen the republicans chances in the coming elections,, and hold hearing with all the powers of a congressional hearing. i cant post as well as u marc, but i cant undersand how sadam could miss judge his situation, if no wmd, why did he not let the inpectors finish with no restrictions, his stupidity led to his trial and death and the death of his sons, as i have posted before, he was either the most stuborn man there ever was, or a total fool on what would transpire if he kept on his path that he stayed on.

Last edited by rosco 357 on Sat May 17, 2008 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my usual mistakes in typing lol)

Marc,

You have the source for the article I posted. I didn't see any sources for the info in which you gallantly defended Bush. Please post your sources.

What you cannot do is attempt to stir me up and get into a hateful exchange. It is perfectly clear that you disagree with the better part Bexley's article. And apparently offended that I appreciated his article enough to post it.

and what's more, I even had the audacity to state I saw nothing that needed correcting. I still don't as I haven't seen any sources that prove him in error.

Damn! what is the world coming to?

gypsy

gypsy
January 7, 2008
McGovern: Time to impeach Bush
Posted: 08:42 AM ET

McGovern is calling for Bush and Cheney to be impeached.
WASHINGTON (CNN) – George McGovern, the Democratic Party's 1972 nominee for president, is calling on Congress to impeach President Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney.

And in an editorial in Sunday's Washington Post, McGovern writes the case for impeaching the current president is "far stronger" than the case made against former President Richard Nixon — the man who soundly defeated McGovern in the general election match up.

"Bush and Cheney are clearly guilty of numerous impeachable offenses," McGovern writes. "They have repeatedly violated the Constitution. They have transgressed national and international law. They have lied to the American people time after time.

"Their conduct and their barbaric policies have reduced our beloved country to a historic low in the eyes of people around the world," he continued.

McGovern, a former three-term senator who ran for president on a fiercely anti-war platform, also called the administration's policy in Iraq a "a murderous, illegal, nonsensical war" in violation of international law.

"This reckless disregard for life and property, as well as constitutional law, has been accompanied by the abuse of prisoners, including systematic torture, in direct violation of the Geneva Conventions of 1949," he added.

But McGovern acknowledged there is little bipartisan support for an impeachment effort, blaming "superficial partisanship" among Republicans, and a "a lack of courage and statesmanship on the part of too many Democratic politicians."

– CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Filed under: Dick Cheney • George McGovern • President Bush

1,336 Comments | Permalink

Sandi January 6th, 2008 3:04 pm ET

I'm not sure simple impeachment would be enough for these two self-absorbed idiots. I hate to be that harsh, however, they just keep digging farther and farther into their own muck. What is really bad is that they drag the country down with them and then try to gloss things over by thinking we will believe their lies. The history books will be filled with these two, however I think they will be surprised by the content. They are not very bright at all.

Another Steve January 6th, 2008 3:11 pm ET

About time more persons stood up and said enough to these two criminals. Obviously those other politicians that supported the war are having trouble admitting to a lot of these actions and their consequence, hence non action agianst Bush and his attack dog Cheney. Unfortunately the expanded office of the Presidency is the issue and with the control probably changing to the Democrats, they aren't going after these two thugs. Whether prosecuted or not the American people deserve some answers about their duplicity in these crimes.

Phillip January 6th, 2008 3:14 pm ET

"Their conduct and their barbaric policies have reduced our beloved country to a historic low in the eyes of people around the world," he continued.

The troops, the american people,What about us too, the American People?

What took somebody so long to figure this out? thats what I want to know.

Matt, New York, New York January 6th, 2008 3:15 pm ET

I'm going to need to see some solid examples here, with precedence.

Scott J. Hoffman, Perrysburg OH January 6th, 2008 3:15 pm ET

Seems like he has hit the nail on the head to me. Not only should both be impeached, but both should also be charged with treason. They do not have the United States interests in mind when they act. They only seek to pad the pockets of the individuals that put them in power.

Bobb Dobbs January 6th, 2008 3:16 pm ET

McGovern's still daffy. Of course the congress authorized the war and continues to authorize spending for it. Not sure how that same body can then conclude that the acts of the President in that regard have exceeded executive powers. But then again lefty moonbats aren't known for their logic.

Charles Nesler, Memphis, TN January 6th, 2008 3:16 pm ET

They should've been impeached quite some time ago. I'm afraid it may be too late to do anything now. On the other hand, immediate impeachment would perhaps make our generation look less foolish in the history books 50 years from now.

Jennifer January 6th, 2008 3:17 pm ET

Well said, Mr. McGovern. Impeachment indeed needs to happen, if only to make it crystal clear that these abuses of power will not be tolerated ever again, in any administration. The grievances are dire, as will be the consequences of not holding these men accountable for their numerous infractions.

JEFF January 6th, 2008 3:17 pm ET

BUSH ,CHANNEY AND CIA = WAR CRIMINALS

Greg January 6th, 2008 3:17 pm ET

Mr. McGovern is correct in every

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
oh come on lol, surely ur not quoting McGovern. one of the most liberal dems, IN AN ELECTION YEAR< he is clearly just posteruing for the coming election for his party, they all will start coming out of the wood work , for election sake, on both sides, and as always laws will be passed knowing full well they will be vetoed, also for election sake as happens if the oposing party has a majority in either the senate or the house, they have passed thing for other president to veto, its a game, and i guarantee u because there is like i said, no there , there, nothing will come from this McGovern giberish,, lol

obama is a mac daddy, he pimps both white women and black women, both these post have about the same credibility,

gypsy

gypsy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Nation Blogs The Beat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The President's Vacation From Reality posted by John Nichols on 08/15/2005 @ 5:20pm

Email Print Share Buzzflash

del.icio.us

Digg

Facebook

Newsvine

Reddit

What is this?
Take Action Comments (498) Subscribe Now Text SizeAAAGeorge Bush is on vacation in Crawford, Texas, taking the same August-long break that he did in the summer before the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. The appeal of Crawford appears to be that it provides the President with an opportunity to put aside all the troubles of the world and to focus on fixing fences and clearing brush. After all, it was during his previous vacation that Bush ignored an August 6, 2001, briefing document titled: "Bin Laden determined to attack inside the U.S."

Bush's inner circle, a collection of neoconservative ideologues with an agenda of their own rather than an interest in what is best for the United States, made no effort in 2001 to steer the President's attention toward pressing matters of national security. And they remain determined to keep the woefully disengaged chief executive focused on busy work around the ranch rather than life-and-death questions of how this country should position itself in a complex and dangerous world.

But this summer, the mother of a soldier killed in Iraq named Cindy Sheehan is making it harder for Bush to ignore the truth that his decisions have led to the unnecessary deaths of more than 1,800 Americans, and tens of thousands of Iraqis, while making both the United States and Iraq more vulnerable to violence.

Sheehan's 24-year-old son, Army Specialist Casey A. Sheehan, died on April 4, 2004--almost a year after Bush was dressed up in flight-suit drag to appear before a banner that declared "Mission Accomplished" in Iraq. Sheehan mourned, as any mother would. But then she organized, helping to found Gold Star Families for Peace, an organization of relatives of soldiers killed in Iraq who are demanding an end to the ill-fated occupation of that land and a redirection of US policy to achieve real security--as opposed to neoconservative misadventuring.

On August 3 of this year, Bush addressed the mounting death toll in Iraq with a pair of declarations:

1. "We have to honor the sacrifices of the fallen by completing the mission."

and

2. "The families of the fallen can be assured that they died for a noble cause."

Sheehan correctly identified Bush's words as "asinine and hurtful." And she headed for Crawford to try and confront the President on the August 6 anniversary of that neglected memorandum on bin Laden's intentions.

Sheehan went to Crawford with a pair of messages for the vacationing president:

1. We want our loved ones sacrifices to be honored by bringing our nation's sons and daughters home from the travesty that is Iraq immediately, since this war is based on horrendous lies and deceptions. Just because our children are dead, why would we want any more families to suffer the same pain and devastation that we are?

and

2. We would like for him to explain this "noble cause" to us and ask him why (presidential daughters) Jenna and Barbara are not in harm's way, if the cause is so noble.

Sheehan's bottom line, and that of Gold Star Families for Peace, is a blunt truth that the President has failed to consider: that the best way to honor the sacrifices of those who have died in Iraq is to end the occupation and bring the troops home now.

So far, the President has refused to listen to Cindy Sheehan, who says, "The sound I do want to hear is the sound of a nation waking up." But that wake-up call is being heard by the majority of Americans. In the latest Gallup/CNN/USA Today poll, 54 percent of Americans surveyed said the US made a mistake in sending troops to Iraq. That number is up eight points from July. Fifty-one percent of those surveyed said the Bush Administration deliberately misled the public about the reasons for going to war. Fifty-eight percent said that, no matter how long US troops remain in Iraq, they will not be able to establish a stable, democratic government there.

George Bush has been listening for too long to Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and Condi Rice. He should take a real vacation from the neocon fantasy factory of his misguided aides and sit down with someone who can introduce him to the reality of what is going on in Iraq and the world. The President should meet with Cindy Sheehan. And he should listen to this woman, who has sacrificed more than he or anyone in his inner circle ever has for America.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SHE SHOULD HAVE HAD HER SON NOT JOIN, AS THERE IS NO I REPEAT NO DRAFT, HE VOLUNTEERED .,,, IF HE THOUGHT SOLDIERS DONT GET KILLED HE MUST HAD NEVER SEEN ARLINGTON CEMETERY, WE ARE LISENING TO SOME GRIEVING MOTHERS OPINION, , SAY HE CAME BACK ALIVE WITH A SILVER STAR, I SUSPOSE WE WOULD BE HEARING A DIFFERENT VIEW... GOOD GREEF

Last edited by rosco 357 on Sun May 18, 2008 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total

"You have the source for the article I posted. I didn't see any sources for the info in which you gallantly defended Bush. Please post your sources. " /// (My source is Bexley's crappy article you posted. Let Bexley post sources. Or, perhaps YOU can? I wasn't defending Bush. Fuck Bush. I was attempting to defend the truth.)

"What you cannot do is attempt to stir me up and get into a hateful exchange. It is perfectly clear that you disagree with the better part Bexley's article. And apparently offended that I appreciated his article enough to post it." /// (I have no intention of "stirring you up". We are supposed to be friends. I made it perfectly clear that I disagreed, with one exception, with the entire article. It is a hate filled diatribe and a smear job.)

"and what's more, I even had the audacity to state I saw nothing that needed correcting. I still don't as I haven't seen any sources that prove him in error." /// (And you won't, either. You supported Bexley's opinions, I gainsaid them; and there the matter lies.)

"I didn't vote for him last time and I am surprised so many proclaimed conservatives are still supporting him. They must have one eye shut with both ears plugged.
FIGI" /// (And this is typical of those who bash Bush. If you voted for Bush, you must be blind, deaf, and as implied, stupid. I am none of those, yet I voted for Bush, as did millions of seeing and hearing Americans. Enough to get him elected in 2000 and re-elected in 2004. Gore was, and is, a windbag and Kerry a liar. There were no choices)

"SHE SHOULD HAVE HAD HER SON NOT JOIN, AS THERE IS NO I REPEAT NO DRAFT, HE VOLUNTEERED .,,, IF HE THOUGHT SOLDIERS DONT GET KILLED HE MUST HAD NEVER SEEN ARLINGTON CEMETERY, WE ARE LISTING TO SOME GRIEVING MOTHERS OPINION, , SAY HE CAME BACK ALIVE WITH A SILVER STAR, I SUSPOSE WE WOULD BE HEARING A DIFFERENT VIEW... GOOD GREEF
rosco 357" /// (I couldn't agree more or say it any better)

".......he (Saddam) was either the most stuborn man there ever was, or a total fool on what would transpire if he kept on his path that he stayed on." // (Some of both. Statements made by former regime members indicate Saddam was playing a double game. His media spokesman, "Baghdad Bob", the guy who said they had successfully repelled our forces in Baghdad while anyone could see our tanks moving in the background, was tasked to say that the WMDs had been destroyed. However, Saddam refused to allow that to be verified in order to keep Iran at bay while Iraq was being so urgently pressured by UN resolutions and the USA. [Saddam's fears of Iranian intentions were well founded. They were, and are, intent on placing shiite muslims in power in Iraq] However,Saddam, like all megalomaniacs, failed to see how his hubris was totally unfounded regarding Bush's will to see him undone. After so much weaponry and soldiers were landed in Kuwait and air facilities were built in Qatar, what was obvious to you and me somehow escaped him. History informs us that this kind of double dealing and miscalculation is quite commonly employed by dictators under seige and with common results. Remember Hitler? Remember how Saddam's people, just days before the invasion, said OK, OK, OK,you can inspect! We give! Our European "friends" say this is where Bush employed "cowboy diplomacy" by not standong down.. Nonsense. The euros hadn't shipped all that expensive tonnage and hundreds of thousands of people. It's easy to play chess with other people's chess pieces. Bush gave Saddam months of warning and yet Saddam played his game. He lost. Too damn bad.)

Last edited by meemoon on Sun May 18, 2008 5:08 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : changed "I" to "me".)

gypsy

gypsy
my attention was this in the very correct post, i posted

I would like answers also, What Noble cause??

2. "The families of the fallen can be assured that they died for a noble cause."

Sheehan correctly identified Bush's words as "asinine and hurtful." And she headed for Crawford to try and confront the President on the August 6 anniversary of that neglected memorandum on bin Laden's intentions.

Sheehan went to Crawford with a pair of messages for the vacationing president:

1. We want our loved ones sacrifices to be honored by bringing our nation's sons and daughters home from the travesty that is Iraq immediately, since this war is based on horrendous lies and deceptions. Just because our children are dead, why would we want any more families to suffer the same pain and devastation that we are?

and

2. We would like for him to explain this "noble cause" to us and ask him why (presidential daughters) Jenna and Barbara are not in harm's way, if the cause is so noble.

also how would u feel if ur son or daughter was killed in this worthless/needless war?

gypsy

gypsy
ps oh yes and to this day bin laden the real one behind 9/11 still free

another note, Bush was not elected first term he was appointed, second term lots of finaggling going on`,with voting machine frauds and other things
I will state again he is the most failed prez,and least popular prez since nixon~

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
all i will state again on this , well maybe, lol, it aparently the son must have agreed with the effort, because he chose to volunteer, who knows what his grieving mother had done on some 3 years ago, may have been an embarassedment to him. since he chose to join .. just because a grieving mother says an opionion does not make it so or not so..
i agree with a very good point marc made, and it never entered my mind till i just read it, maybe sadam did not want ppl to know he did not have lots of wmd, because he was afraid of iran.. wanting to make sure they stayed tucked across the border, but no more, they are well involved, supplying weapons of suicide fanatics, one only has to view this to realize what would iran do if obama just pulled up stakes and fled, which when it come right down to it, i think he may not do, after breifing if is elected, but these are not facts, just opions , so take them as such..

gypsy

gypsy
what effort? he probably joined befor the iraq war..
Do u think your elete prez would fight there?(Iraq) would u>? or do like Bush did, get out of fighting in nam,by joining National Guard? as many did, which was another useless war~

u still did'nt answer, what noble cause?

take care~

Last edited by gypsy on Mon May 19, 2008 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum