You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
High court rejects GOP bid in Ohio voting dispute

Oct 17 12:26 PM US/Eastern

WASHINGTON (AP) - The Supreme Court sided Friday with Ohio's top elections official in a dispute with the state Republican Party over voter registrations.
The justices overruled a federal appeals court that had ordered Ohio's top elections official to do more to help counties verify voter eligibility.

Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner, a Democrat, faced a deadline of Friday to set up a system to provide local officials with names of newly registered voters whose driver's license numbers or Social Security numbers on voter registration forms don't match records in other government databases.

Ohio Republicans contended the information for counties would help prevent fraud. Brunner said the GOP is trying to disenfranchise voters.

In a brief unsigned opinion, the justices said they were not commenting on whether Ohio is complying with a provision of the Help America Vote Act of 2002 that lays out requirements for verifying voter eligibility.

Instead, they said they were granting Brunner's request because it appears that the law does not allow private entities, like the Ohio GOP, to file suit to enforce the provision of the law at issue.

About 200,000 of 666,000 voters who have registered in Ohio since Jan. 1 have records that don't match. Brunner has said the discrepancies most likely stem from innocent clerical errors rather than fraud but has set up a verification plan.

McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said lower court rulings have clearly said the HAVA regulations require the secretary of state to match against the list, find where there's been fraud and inconsistencies and report them to counties.

"Why in the world would that not happen? We have the technology, the budget, the means and the manpower to make that happen. Do we really want to have to find out after the fact that we had counties that would have been decided one way or another because the secretary of state didn't bother doing the job the HAVA required?" Davis told reporters on a conference call. "I think the secretary of state ought to do her job," he added.
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D93SBR781&show_article=1

SSC

SSC
Admin
Well excuse me if I am not surprised, this friggin election is a three ringed circus, and state after state have questionable registered voters, I might as well sign up my dog. Obama will probably win and the only thing I see that will get us is a watermelon and a bucket of KFC in every household. Just wait till the Dems start taking our rights away..watch your guns right off the bat.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gee in a land that put a man on the moon in 1969 i think. We cant even get voters idenifications correct, we sent voter watchers all over the 3rd world for accuracy, and we cant even do it right here, now let me say i only heard this on a news radio show, so grain of salt ok, it said states are different, some require good id, to vote, but some states are not strick.. if this is so its baffling, let alone the voter registration mess, that is plain pittiful, and embarassing. other countrys must be laughing at how acorn has been signing up micky mouse.. and kids that are in the 2nd grade, and dead ppl,,how can we ever monitor another county without laughing...

SSC

SSC
Admin
we cannot monitor another country with the fiasco going on here, a football team signed up but in the wrong state, 72 times to register for money and cigs..come on this election is stacked by the Dems and their golden boy will win and months afterwards the outcry will be improper votes..the whole thing is a crock of political shit

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
my man Leroy obama with the sideways cap says vote for his cousin barack, but he hates barack makes him face mecca when he prays, , say nite to all out there leroy "MY MAN"

SSC

SSC
Admin
Poor Leroy, we really need to hook him up with a bucket of chicken a few greens and fatback, some dunking cornbread and a big glass of MD2020 for the iron ..get some meat on dem dar bones High court rejects GOP bid in Ohio voting dispute 457757 It might be awhile till the welfare line forms, so we gotta fatten him up.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum