You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Christmas meaning Empty Christmas meaning Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:19 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Christmas,what does it mean to you?
How does it make you feel?

family togetherness, more important,to me..

is it a fun time,or stressful?

I find all aspects of Christmas wonderful,except the commercial part.

2Christmas meaning Empty Re: Christmas meaning Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:33 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Christmas in its commercialized state is a pain in the ass.

3Christmas meaning Empty Re: Christmas meaning Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:04 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well besides my believes, i will skip,, and go to the fun, it means putting on like 100 decals late at nite on some battery powered cars the kids got ,, and many other things that took decals, assembling things i thought would be easy, a lot more than this, but the look on the faces of the children as they enter the living room to see there faces light up. for me it was getting to buy them teckie things before they were old enough,, lol, but my favorite memory, is when my parents were alive every christmas eve, going there with my family and my sisters, and we had a tradition of having a whole barbequed shoulder on chirstmas eve, when i was young, later just bought it chopped but alway barbeque, then the kids forced us to let them open presents, and i know this is not the meaning, it should be for some ppl there believe in a religious way, and also just as important, time with friend and family,, now it my grandkids faces that light up, i actually enjoy it when i can get them or one of them something they really want, but still its not the presents, that are important, but i still like to see the little ones light up,, when i was a kid , it was the nite we decorated the tree. on christmas eve my parents had one present for us to open, i say this because my sister took piano lessons and she always had to play a christmas song, lol, it sucked, and she later grew tired of the piano, so daddy sold it to my cousin,i still tease her about the piano at christmas..
and every christmas morning as a kid, my dad always said, let him get up and turn up the heat,, and let the house warm up, he did that every christmas i can remember,take care.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum