Admin
1 C. sugar
1 C. light brown sugar
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 C. butter
2 C. pecan halves
1 t. vanilla extract
3/4 C. half-and-half

Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper and set aside. In a saucepan, combine the sugars, baking soda and butter. Cook over medium-high heat to a soft ball (234-238°F.) stage.

Add the pecans and vanilla during the last few minutes of cooking.

Remove from heat, add half-and-half and stir until thickened. Drop onto cookie sheet in small patties and allow to cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.

2Easy Pralines Recipe Empty Re: Easy Pralines Recipe Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:45 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i use to make these every year, some years they turned out well and some not so well, i used a candy thermometer , but i put in the soda when i put in the pecans and vanilla, to make it foam up, it was not on the recipe i had , i just added it, lol, its tough stiring and knowing at what point to start droping them, i also changed some milk to evaporated milk, not all of it, just some, but for me it was not easy, lol,,oh i see u use half and half, i never did that, but kinda with evaporated

3Easy Pralines Recipe Empty Re: Easy Pralines Recipe Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:58 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
ok i see ,i cooked mine with the milk,, u added after u took it off, i also uses some
cream of tartar.but the recipes i used called for cooking it with the milk, not adding it after, i cant remember if the butter was before or after, i would have to look,but the last time 2 trys did not work good,so i quit , and have not for a few years, i think the new candy thermometer was not accurate, it got to hot. OTA

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum