gypsy

gypsy
* 1 1/2 pound fresh green beans
* 3 ounces blue cheese
* 1 pint heavy cream
* 1/2 cup bread crumbs
* 1/4 cup melted butter

Boil the Green Beans
What we're going to do is boil those beans for 6 minutes. So wait until the water comes to a rolling boil.

OK, after 6 minutes we're going to take what called a "spider" or some type of strainer, and you're going to scoop those into a bowl lined with a paper towel. So those are almost tender, but not quite.
Combine the Butter and Bread Crumbs
The oven is preheated to 400F. We're going to make some buttered bread crumbs, which is butter, bread crumbs, and a little black pepper, just a pinch, to taste.

I don't think you need salt in this. The blue cheese is usually pretty salty, but taste it. It's up to you if you want to add a little salt at this point.
Combine the Gratin Ingredients
In the gratin dish, we're going to put about a third of the crumbs down. You're going to pile those beans on now.

I didn't cool those in water, there's no need. I just put them in the bowl with the paper towel so they're dry, but still warm.

I'm going to pack those down and move them around until they are about as packed as I can get them. Then you are going to crumble over your cheese. And you're going to pour over the cream.
Top the Gratin With Heavy Cream
do not use skim milk, or regular ? Either do this right or don't do it. Like I said, this is a decadent, once-a-year dish for that special meal, that special dinner party.

We don't count the calories, we're going to just enjoy it. So top it with the cream and the rest of the breadcrumbs.
Bake the Green Bean and Blue Cheese Gratin
Put it in the hot oven for 15 minutes, and what comes out is this bubbling mass of goodness.

this is decadent

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum