You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

12 months into Empty 2 months into Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:07 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Two months into the era of Obama

It still surprises me every time I get an email from Barack Obama in my inbox. The President is communicating with me?!? Really? Obviously it's not actually Barack sending me messages, but the fact that he has staff dedicated to communicating with millions of Americans is pretty incredible in and of itself.

After Obama won, the emails didn't stop. It's so logical, yet so groundbreaking. I would posit that Obama is the first President to keep his campaign machine alive--now it's called Organizing for America. Brilliant.

Obama is certainly getting things done in these first months in office. His first 100 days aren't over yet and already we've seen the global gag rule disappear, Guantanamo's future is looking bleak and now a removal of the embryonic stem cell funding ban. Then there is the stimulus package and his new budget.

So after two months, I'm feeling pretty good about Obamas. I've had my frustrations, particularly with his pandering to Republicans who then don't support him anyway, but overall it's been an incredible shift in the way government has worked.

http://www.feministing.com/archives/014128.html

22 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:45 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Posted by Miriam - March 09, 2009, at 05:21PM | in Politics

This was left out Gyp from your blog site, giving credit to the person who wrote your article.

32 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:04 pm

gypsy

gypsy
if you will look at the bottom of my article you will see the url i didn't delete anything~I never claimed to write this ,but i do continue getting emails from Obama staff

42 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:08 pm

gypsy

gypsy
here it is i just didn't copy all of it but all u have to do is click the url but here it is in its entirety

Two months into the era of Obama

It still surprises me every time I get an email from Barack Obama in my inbox. The President is communicating with me?!? Really? Obviously it's not actually Barack sending me messages, but the fact that he has staff dedicated to communicating with millions of Americans is pretty incredible in and of itself.

After Obama won, the emails didn't stop. It's so logical, yet so groundbreaking. I would posit that Obama is the first President to keep his campaign machine alive--now it's called Organizing for America. Brilliant.

Obama is certainly getting things done in these first months in office. His first 100 days aren't over yet and already we've seen the global gag rule disappear, Guantanamo's future is looking bleak and now a removal of the embryonic stem cell funding ban. Then there is the stimulus package and his new budget.

So after two months, I'm feeling pretty good about Obamas. I've had my frustrations, particularly with his pandering to Republicans who then don't support him anyway, but overall it's been an incredible shift in the way government has worked.

What do you all think of Obama so far?
Posted by Miriam

52 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:30 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
One would assume from your post you were applying the question of opinions on Obama ???
But having read your complaint about people 'pouncing' on your replys I will assume you don't want the interaction or commentary that would follow such an open request for opinions. Don't point a loaded gun if you don't intend to shoot it.

62 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:34 pm

gypsy

gypsy
cheers 2 months into 7747 lol!

72 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:50 pm

gypsy

gypsy
SSC wrote:One would assume from your post you were applying the question of opinions on Obama ???
But having read your complaint about people 'pouncing' on your replys I will assume you don't want the interaction or commentary that would follow such an open request for opinions. Don't point a loaded gun if you don't intend to shoot it.

no proplem SSC i know your opinion, that is why i left the commentary out ..t I copied and pasted is an agreement from me of the article i posted by Miram. as far as my opinions i have them , just like you do, the pointing out of me not putting credit for the post was something u picked at,as usual, and as usual i responded` I think our President is doing a great job, in respect to what diasters he was left with..now i fired my gun`

and i point out again all u had to do was click the url~~ the info was there..

82 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:53 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:if you will look at the bottom of my article you will see the url i didn't delete anything~I never claimed to write this ,but i do continue getting emails from Obama staff
In all defense of Gypsy, yes she did leave a link to the article, and that is really all that is needed when posting a copy and paste. However, leaving the name of whoever wrote it is also nice, but not required. Perhaps SSC didn't recognize the link, its a honest mistake. No harm no foul.

92 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:00 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Thank you Tyler, you are correct I didn't recognize the site so when I went to it and realized it was nothing more than a blog and not a credible news source I posted the true author.....my bad Rolling Eyes

102 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:05 pm

gypsy

gypsy
SSC wrote:Thank you Tyler, you are correct I didn't recognize the site so when I went to it and realized it was nothing more than a blog and not a credible news source I posted the true author.....my bad Rolling Eyes

that is why i put in chat forum and not news or that type forum because it was an opinion and blog~ no problem

112 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:08 pm

gypsy

gypsy
runawayhorses wrote:
gypsy wrote:if you will look at the bottom of my article you will see the url i didn't delete anything~I never claimed to write this ,but i do continue getting emails from Obama staff
In all defense of Gypsy, yes she did leave a link to the article, and that is really all that is needed when posting a copy and paste. However, leaving the name of whoever wrote it is also nice, but not required. Perhaps SSC didn't recognize the link, its a honest mistake. No harm no foul.

thank you Tyler for clearing that up~ I will remember to put a name and all correct info desired my SSC from now on.. LOL

122 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:14 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
No, a link is all you need to do. But now I realize SSC was just pointing out the source of your material, and wasn't really complaining about a link, just wanted everyone to know who wrote it, so perhaps I stuck my nose in where it didn't belong..lol

132 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:15 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
What ever floats your boat Gyp. I don't pay attention to blogs anyway.

142 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:16 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Tyler, you are doing a good job....your point was appreciated.

152 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:20 pm

gypsy

gypsy
then why did you read it and make an argument of it~ when u found out it was a blog? I agree with miram opinion i don't care if anyone else doesn't i am firm in my belief and thoughts that Obama will be a good president, i believe you jump the gun a bit give him some time` it has nothing to do with the dems/repubs it is united we stand` is that gun enough?

162 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:37 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Show me were I made an argument Gypsy, I posted what you had left off, when I looked at the site I thought it was another credible news source...wrongggggggggg....I was under the impression months back we had agreeded to NOT post from blogs, maybe I was wrong... I am giving Obama a chance, I have no choice do I . I'm not black and I am not poor but thanks to Obama I am damn sure unemployed. Now you show me where he is helping me . I had a damn good job till his ass got into office, with the tax hikes he has implemented he sealed my future. I have no use for the man never have and never will. I hope he falls flat on his face and the next administration use him as a door mat to get in the white house. BANG

172 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:46 pm

gypsy

gypsy
if it was a news source i would have put it as one

u pounce and pick on anything i post,,it was very simple after you went to the site that it was a blog, if u don't read or care, why respond? it was an opinion i agreed with, that is why i posted it~ I do believe we all have that freedom, i disagree with lots of ur articles/opinions but i don't point out that ur wrong or whatever, i expect the same respect if you can't then ignore me, u ask me to shoot my gun,I pointed.. i am.. is that all now? is this the end of this discussion that u started the picking on? an apology to me for calling me out?? ummm?I won't hold my breath

182 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:08 am

gypsy

gypsy
SSC wrote:Show me were I made an argument Gypsy, I posted what you had left off, when I looked at the site I thought it was another credible news source...wrongggggggggg....I was under the impression months back we had agreeded to NOT post from blogs, maybe I was wrong... I am giving Obama a chance, I have no choice do I . I'm not black and I am not poor but thanks to Obama I am damn sure unemployed. Now you show me where he is helping me . I had a damn good job till his ass got into office, with the tax hikes he has implemented he sealed my future. I have no use for the man never have and never will. I hope he falls flat on his face and the next administration use him as a door mat to get in the white house. BANG

also SSC jobs were going out before Obama took office u can blame past administration for that, but u can't see that?? two months into a presidential office does not faze your job that started long back when ummmm was elected~~ get the drift?

192 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:32 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Gypsy you know you posted a crap blog..if it was YOUR opinion then why not suck it up and put YOUR own words and not some dime a dozen crack pot from a blog. I could smear blogs all over here but they are not worth the time nor the page space. If I want to put down an opinion it is damn sure gonna be my own, I don't need to search blogs for someone elses words on a subject, I always thought you were well versed to create your own posts guess I was wrong. My bad again. If you don't agree with a news article I post then no one is stopping you from posting your opinion but yourself. If you can't take the heat stay out the kitchen........and as far as my job till Obama babbled removing the tax on upper income I had a great job, but to tax from 35% to 39.5% was more than my boss could afford, but just think Gyp. now I can draw unemployment and get foodstamps and medical compliments of the tax payers..works for me ...

202 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:43 am

gypsy

gypsy
see now you turn it around no opinon is crap.. u pounced!! simple..

u didn't like my post so u back peddle to be right?? who is right you/me WHO!! on this downhill slide I blame Bush for 8 years maybe it goes back farther~ then show me .instesd of copying news crap that can't be proved like u accuase me of~I read the stuff here that two people post,, and laugh,,because?? u did the same to me on what i posted about Bush and you think ur news fox is truth?? lol

Last edited by gypsy on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total

212 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:45 am

gypsy

gypsy
gypsy wrote:see now you turn it around no opinon is crap.. u pounced!! simple..

u didn't like my post so u back peddle to be right?? who is right you/me WHO!! on this downhill slide I blame Bush for 8 years maybe it goes back farther~ then show me .instesd of copying news crap that can't be proved like u accuase me of~I read the stuff here that two people post,, and laugh,,because?? u did the same to me on what i posted about Bush
oh yes I have seen a few blogs from u,, also that to me is a real thought//not aa doctored media

222 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:49 am

gypsy

gypsy
SSC wrote:Gypsy you know you posted a crap blog..if it was YOUR opinion then why not suck it up and put YOUR own words and not some dime a dozen crack pot from a blog. I could smear blogs all over here but they are not worth the time nor the page space. If I want to put down an opinion it is damn sure gonna be my own, I don't need to search blogs for someone elses words on a subject, I always thought you were well versed to create your own posts guess I was wrong. My bad again. If you don't agree with a news article I post then no one is stopping you from posting your opinion but yourself. If you can't take the heat stay out the kitchen........and as far as my job till Obama babbled removing the tax on upper income I had a great job, but to tax from 35% to 39.5% was more than my boss could afford, but just think Gyp. now I can draw unemployment and get foodstamps and medical compliments of the tax payers..works for me ...
heat?? the kitchen is my realm

232 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:50 am

gypsy

gypsy
gypsy wrote:
SSC wrote:Gypsy you know you posted a crap blog..if it was YOUR opinion then why not suck it up and put YOUR own words and not some dime a dozen crack pot from a blog. I could smear blogs all over here but they are not worth the time nor the page space. If I want to put down an opinion it is damn sure gonna be my own, I don't need to search blogs for someone elses words on a subject, I always thought you were well versed to create your own posts guess I was wrong. My bad again. If you don't agree with a news article I post then no one is stopping you from posting your opinion but yourself. If you can't take the heat stay out the kitchen........and as far as my job till Obama babbled removing the tax on upper income I had a great job, but to tax from 35% to 39.5% was more than my boss could afford, but just think Gyp. now I can draw unemployment and get foodstamps and medical compliments of the tax payers..works for me ...
heat?? the kitchen is my realm
I am very well versed, ur apology on overlooking? BS so check it twice before the bad also when do u put into own words? u c/p

no it was no more crap than Fox news or any other one

242 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:59 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
MY WORDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GYPSY YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT.....

252 months into Empty Re: 2 months into Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:04 am

gypsy

gypsy
blaming Obama is an easy out for you republicans, who have worshiped Duba for eight years, u can't see this?? Obama did not create this chaos~~ oh well ur a person who thinks him/herself always right,that is why we get into this defunct!! well this kitchen has produced enough heat and voice her opinions

good Night

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum