You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26sorrow and sadness - Page 2 Empty Re: sorrow and sadness Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:54 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:I don't know about the ring of truth,that isn't what shocked me, because I don't really believe what he said,I mostly took it with a grain of salt,sometime he was funny other times he wasn't ,the things he put about God I didn't approve, of course, but i can't say he was telling the truth,and no one but Carlin knows that, or what he really believed, i think he did it to shock people

Oh I see, so your saying I don't have enough "Facts" to prove hes actually saying what he thinks, becuase my opinion wasn't in any news reports that are creditable to you. How about I just say that I have followed Carlin for years and I know what he believes and why he believes it, is that good enough? I guess not, so again I'm reduced to just expressing my opinion without any substantiated facts to back myself up. Oh well, whatever.

27sorrow and sadness - Page 2 Empty Re: sorrow and sadness Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:02 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I am not saying anything about facts, I am voicing my opinion,just as your voicing yours, I have no facts backing mine either, sorry if i offended you.. no on knows what carlin believed or meant with his opinions,comedy act. except Carlin..

28sorrow and sadness - Page 2 Empty Re: sorrow and sadness Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:24 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Offended?? Don't be silly, it would take way more than something like that to offend me. Nothing you said has an ounce of influence on my feelings. You for some reason don't think Carlin meant any of the things he spoke about for all these years, you want to believe he said all that to sell records and movie contracts, and nothing he said meant anything to him in reality. Well, that's typical of someone to denounce the speaker when hes telling the truth. Just say he didn't mean it and you are automatically off the hook..... sorrow and sadness - Page 2 19239

29sorrow and sadness - Page 2 Empty Re: sorrow and sadness Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:31 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I am saying I don't know if he meant all that, about God or any other subject.. just because some things he said were shocking to me, doesn't mean its the truth,even if he believed it himself, doesn't mean it is true~yes I think he did a lot of exaggerating to sell his comedy act. I still think most of his stuff is funny.

30sorrow and sadness - Page 2 Empty Re: sorrow and sadness Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:47 am

runawayhorses wrote:Offended?? Don't be silly, it would take way more than something like that to offend me. Nothing you said has an ounce of influence on my feelings. You for some reason don't think Carlin meant any of the things he spoke about for all these years, you want to believe he said all that to sell records and movie contracts, and nothing he said meant anything to him in reality. Well, that's typical of someone to denounce the speaker when hes telling the truth. Just say he didn't mean it and you are automatically off the hook..... sorrow and sadness - Page 2 19239
I've been listening to Carlin since his "Smothers Brothers" days and I can honestly say I have never heard him say in inreviews or in print anything that contradicted the views he articulated in his routines.Some years ago he had a heart attack (I beleve it was) and was interviewd extensively on 60 minutes. He said (and I am paraphrasing) "It always surprised me to make money saying things I would get fired for if I worked on a dock". No, I can't read his mind. I didn't have to.

31sorrow and sadness - Page 2 Empty Re: sorrow and sadness Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:32 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i really never followed carlin, i guess i saw more here than anywhere in my life, i figure he figured out a way to make a buck the same way limbaugh and many talking heads have,, . i do feel they believe somewhat as to how they feel but probably exadurate to have a shock factor, but maybe not. its not something i think about alot..take care,

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum