You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1A dumb mistake? Empty A dumb mistake? Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:14 pm

After the Democrats gained control of both houses of Congress over two years ago, the CIA and the military stopped using special interrogation techniques and closed the "secret" prisons and all "renditions". The writing was on the wall: Any operative employing these methods could be prosecuted by a Dem run witch hunt. So why did Obama order the exposure of memos concerning these procedures? Even Pineta opposed this stupid act. There is not one single benefit to this idiotic move. Not one. We will see endless lawsuits and threats of legal sanctions against those who employed these practices. Who will pay? As always, the taxpayer. Obama has the gall to suggest that this was the "right thing to do"? HOW IS THAT? The euros don't give a shit whether the memos were made public;they still hate us and always will. The terrorists won't care at all. They will still gleefully murder at will. We've had 3 "scholar-presidents" this century. Wilson,Carter,Clinton, and now, Obama. All weak sisters who refused to face the real world. The American people are not stupid and I believe they know this dumb act can only waste a lot of time and money for NOTHING. Obama seems to be determined to satisfy the idiot section of the Democratic Party who cannot get over Bush.

2A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:53 pm

gypsy

gypsy
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/4/9/162557/4835?detail=f

IIA shuts down its secret prisons
by elliott

Thu Apr 09, 2009 at 01:29:49 PM PDT

This story is breaking on the BBC.

* elliott's diary :: ::

The US has stopped running its global network of secret prisons, CIA director Leon Panetta has announced.

"CIA no longer operates detention facilities or black sites," Mr Panetta said in a letter to staff. Remaining sites would be decommissioned, he said.

The "black sites" were used to detain terrorism suspects, some of whom were subjected to interrogation methods described by many as torture.

President Obama vowed to shut down the facilities shortly after taking office.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/...

Huffpost has further comment from CIA Director Leon Panetta:

He also says the CIA has terminated contracts with private companies that provided security at secret overseas CIA prisons. That will save up to $4 million.

Panetta told agency employees in an e-mail Thursday that the secret prisons are no longer used and the CIA is making plans to permanently shutter them.

But the CIA can still hold prisoners temporarily. Panetta says if more prisoners are taken, they will be interrogated by agency employees and handed over quickly to their home country or a country with a legal claim.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...

(

Message from the Director: Interrogation Policy and Contracts

As you know, there is continuing media and congressional interest in reviewing past rendition, detention, and interrogation activities that took place dating back to 2002. I have also been asked about contract interrogators and detention facilities. Today, I sent a letter to our Congressional oversight committees outlining the Agency's current policy regarding interrogation of captured terrorists, including the policy on the use of contractors in the process.

CIA's aggressive global pursuit of al-Qaida and its affiliates continues undiminished. Agency officers are working tirelessly-and successfully-to disrupt operations in strict accord with the President's Executive Order of January 22, 2009, concerning detention and interrogation.

CIA officers, whose knowledge of terrorist organizations is second to none, will continue to conduct debriefings using a dialog style of questioning that is fully consistent with the interrogation approaches authorized and listed in the Army Field Manual. CIA officers do not tolerate, and will continue to promptly report, any inappropriate behavior or allegations of abuse. That holds true whether a suspect is in the custody of an American partner or a foreign liaison service.

Under the Executive Order, the CIA does not employ any of the enhanced interrogation techniques that were authorized by the Department of Justice from 2002 to 2009.

No CIA contractors will conduct interrogations.

CIA no longer operates detention facilities or black sites and has proposed a plan to decommission the remaining sites. I have directed our Agency personnel to take charge of the decommissioning process and have further directed that the contracts for site security be promptly terminated. It is estimated that our taking over site security will result in savings of up to $4 million.

CIA retains the authority to detain individuals on a short-term transitory basis. None have occurred since I have become Director. We anticipate that we would quickly turn over any person in our custody to U.S. military authorities or to their country of jurisdiction, depending on the situation.

CIA's focus will remain where the American people expect it to be-on the mission of protecting the country today and into the future. We will do that even as we cooperate with Congressional reviews of past interrogation practices. Officers who act on guidance from the Department of Justice-or acted on such guidance previously-should not be investigated, let alone punished. This is what fairness and wisdom require.

CIA will continue to honor the law as we defend the United States as we have done since the beginning of this program. That is what the men and women of this Agency demand. Together, we can, and will, do no less. Thank you for your service and dedication to protecting this nation.
Finally, let me take this opportunity to wish you and your families a
Happy Easter and Passover.

Leon E. Panetta

Wiki's list of suspected CIA "black sites" can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/...

3A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:32 am

The "dailykos"? The "Huffingtonpost"? BLOG-CRAP. And the BBC link? A dead end. The link is phony. And the Wiki article cites no examples dated later than Feb, 2007. The last 4 CIA directors and Pineta himself said this should not have been done. Stupid is stupid. Those documents were classified for a reason.

4A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:15 am

gypsy

gypsy
so post it, the link,what you state,
you gave an opinion! right?ok show where pineta says this~ or the updated wiki?

5A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:12 am

No way. I'm not doing your homework for you. You,as always, will simply post the next batch of crap you get from some hate-site with no regard to it's validity. Remember, in your world,there is no "truth". You have said so. Just opinions. The few who read this are free to chase down the so-called "BBC" text. There were 4 BBC articles on this subject. Nothing in them matched what was posted here. And there are no entries in Wiki for alleged waterboarding after 2007. I don't expect them to post "Bush must have stopped the waterboarding" but I'm sane and have a fully functioning brain. You should avoid politics. You'd never see me try to tell you how to bake a pie.

6A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:56 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Gypsy those links you posted don't work becuase you put ... after them, website addresses do not have ... at the end.

It seems every time Moon makes a post on politics you always reply to it with a long copy and paste, a dysfunctional one.

7A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:27 am

gypsy

gypsy
I didn't put anything, after anything ,it is all in the article i posted.
click the top link it takes you to what i posted~ I added nothing i did clean up the article as i have been instructed to do` thew iki and bbc link was in the article~~

8A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:38 am

gypsy

gypsy
<

Read More: Central Intelligence Agency, Cia, CIA Secret Prisons, Leon Panetta, Leon Panetta CIA, Prison Contractors, Secret Prisons, Politics News
Be the First to Submit
This Story to DiggBuzz up!
Get Breaking News Alerts
never spam

WASHINGTON — The CIA has stopped using contractors to interrogate prisoners and fired private security guards at the CIA's now-shuttered secret overseas prisons, agency Director Leon Panetta said Thursday.

Panetta told agency employees in an e-mail message that the guards will be replaced with CIA officers at the sites, which President Barack Obama ordered closed on his second day in office.

Terminating the private security guards who watched over the secret sites would save the agency $4 million, Panetta said. The CIA refused to provide details about the contract, including its total value and the company or companies that were fired.

The secret prisons are now empty, Panetta said, and the agency has not taken any new prisoners since he became director in February.

The CIA is now preparing plans for the prisons to be permanently shut down. An intelligence official said the facilities have to be cleaned of any potentially sensitive materials before they can be closed. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the process of shutting down the secret sites.

The CIA, however, still has the authority to hold and interrogate prisoners for short periods. Panetta said they will be interrogated by agency employees, not private contractors, and then quickly handed over to the U.S. military, or to their home countries or countries that have legal claims on them.

Between 2002 and 2006, the CIA held and interrogated fewer than 100 prisoners, former CIA Director Michael Hayden told Congress last year. It used harsh interrogation methods on about a third of them. Three prisoners were subjected to waterboarding, a form of simulated drowning.

Hayden also confirmed to Congress that private contractors had been used to conduct interrogations, especially in the months immediately following the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks when the CIA did not have interrogators of its own.

National Intelligence Director Dennis Blair told the Senate Armed Services Committee in January that the CIA would only use its own cadre of trained interrogators to conduct interrogations.

Senate Intelligence Committee Chairwoman Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., has been pushing for the formal abandonment of using contractors in interrogations.

An investigator for the Council of Europe, a human rights group, has alleged that 14 European nations colluded with U.S. intelligence to aid in the movement of 17 detainees who said they had been abducted by U.S. agents and secretly transferred to detention centers around the world. Some said they were sent to alleged secret facilities in countries including Poland, Romania, Egypt and Jordan, according to the investigator, Swiss senator Dick Marty.

Poland and Romania have vehemently denied the allegations, and most of the other EU countries mentioned by Marty have denied any wrongdoing.

Both the White House and Congress have launched reviews of the Bush-era CIA detention program to determine their its authority and exactly what occurred. The reviews are ongoing.

Filed by Rachel Weiner

Last edited by gypsy on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total

9A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:41 am

gypsy

gypsy
will find the link for the last post~ I thought i had it there~

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/09/cia-black-sites-no-longer_n_185278.html

10A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:59 am

gypsy

gypsy
if you click on the first article i posted daily kos, it will take you to what i copied, then in that article click bbc news and it will show the article~I don't know why it won't in the post , anyway it is there`

11A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:07 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
The links won't work in your post becuase " ... " is at the end of the link, if you would have edited out that part of the link it would have worked.

Yes your first link worked fine, the others that end in ......... will not work becuase its not part of the URL, its what you copied at the site that had nothing to do with the actual URL web address.

Here are the 3 links that wasn't working becuase of the ....... after them. I have edited out the .... so now they will work. They don't take you to any specific page your article was on, just the home pages :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

12A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:59 pm

Gypsy, allow me to try and explain what my attitude is. Clearly, I did NOT post a collection of facts; I posted in "GT" because I was posting an opinion. I did not need or call for any contrary articles by others. A simple counter-argument would have sufficed. I must honor your opinion or stop posting altogether. This is not my store and I am in no way positioned to instruct you on what,how, or when to post. If you think my opinions are misplaced,uninformed,biased, or just plain dumb,just say so. Sometimes, you will be right. About a month ago, I posted some crazy nonsense from a right-wing website just to illustrate to you how unaffected I am and how little I feel informed, by hate-sites. I can't guarantee 100% accuracy, but I click on any links I post and try them out first. I wish you no harm and apologize to any here if they feel I have been a bit heavy handed and snippy. It is my sincere wish that we all can post without fighting.

13A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:17 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Moon thank you~ I will in the future post to u, my opinion,not a c/p
I apologize for the c/p.
yes i hope we can debate,have fun without fighting~
I admire your intelligence,and have always stated that.
also i was not aware that huffington was a hate site or the BBC

my mistake if they are

14A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:52 pm

The dailykos and the Huffingtonpost are well known hate sites and foment ant-Republican vitriol at every opportunity. Obviously, the BBC isn't a "hate-site" (you KNOW that and I didn't say that) but the URL didn't work.

15A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:44 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I beg to disagree about dailykos and Huffington post I have not read any hate comments on either,whether theyare anti Republican I don't know.
in my opinion i think Fox news is a hate site and very anti democrat~ I have read many things bad about orielly ,hanniety and beck,and limbaugh. on rare occasion when i watch he news i have seen unsavory actions from these four.

16A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:50 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Is it unsavory or just opposite views from yours ?

17A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:59 pm

gypsy

gypsy
didn't i say unsavory,?? then that is what i meant.

18A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:45 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
meemoon wrote:This is not my store and I am in no way positioned to instruct you on what,how, or when to post.
This is my store and neither am I, I don't instruct members on how to post. When problems arise I try to find a reasonable compromise that both party's can live with.

In this case I asked Gypsy to lay off the C&P replies to your posts for awhile. That seems to aggravate you, so in the interest of keeping things cool I asked her to give it a rest, she agreed.

19A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:16 pm

runawayhorses wrote:
meemoon wrote:This is not my store and I am in no way positioned to instruct you on what,how, or when to post.
This is my store and neither am I, I don't instruct members on how to post. When problems arise I try to find a reasonable compromise that both party's can live with.

In this case I asked Gypsy to lay off the C&P replies to your posts for awhile. That seems to aggravate you, so in the interest of keeping things cool I asked her to give it a rest, she agreed.
You better be glad I'm stoned, white boy.

20A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:21 pm

SSC wrote:Is it unsavory or just opposite views from yours ?
That's it summed up in afew words. Limbaugh is a blowhard,Hannity is a religious nut, Beck is totally unwrapped, and O'Reilly is a camera hogging loudmouth. But I have never seen them act unsavorily. Limbaugh did some dope,but he doesn't work for FOX. Think I'll visit dailykos and Huffworld and get some quotes.....well, maybe not. I'll save it for another day.

21A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:34 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
gypsy wrote:didn't i say unsavory,?? then that is what i meant.

well excuseeeeeeeeeee me mrs. high and mighty

22A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:43 pm

gypsy

gypsy
ok no problem! Rolling Eyes

23A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:23 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
meemoon wrote:You better be glad I'm stoned, white boy.
I'm always glad when you're stoned, becuase when you're stoned that means I soon will be, as you're always quick to roll one up and pass it over to me, then I pass it over to SSC and she takes a toke, then she passes it over to rosco who puts it out, then you roll another one..A dumb mistake? 946318

All the while Gypsy is making us some Brownies....

Yeah, I like it when you're stoned.

24A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:36 pm

gypsy

gypsy
haha yeh! making brownies~ A dumb mistake? 592180

25A dumb mistake? Empty Re: A dumb mistake? Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:06 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:I beg to disagree about dailykos and Huffington post I have not read any hate comments on either,whether theyare anti Republican I don't know.
in my opinion i think Fox news is a hate site and very anti democrat~ I have read many things bad about orielly ,hanniety and beck,and limbaugh. on rare occasion when i watch he news i have seen unsavory actions from these four.
the 4 u mentioned are not news shows, they may talk about something in the new, and have guest on a certain issue, but have guest on both side of an issue. they are talk show, like oreilly had barney frank on, and numerous ppl, but its not news, just mainly discussion, they may discus something in the news but give an opinion form one or more guest on an issue. i personally do not like limbaugh , and hannity i dont watch much , he seems to cut off debate with his interruptions, but oreilly , is fair, and has ppl from both sides,,

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum