SSC

SSC
Admin
Miss California Carrie Prejean gets to keep her crown, says Donald Trump
BY Nancy Dillon, Rich Schapiro AND Dave Goldiner
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Updated Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 2:19 PM
www.nydailynews.com
Donald Trump says Miss California Carrie Prejean can keep her crown, despite new topless photos of her posted on TMZ.com's Web site. Click to see more.
Miss California gets to keep her crown - thanks to the Donald.

Mogul Donald Trump ruled Tuesday that controversial beauty queen Carrie Prejean will not be stripped of her tiara despite risque photos and her outspoken stance against gay marriage.

The 21-year-old Prejean sparked controversy during last month's Miss USA pageant when she answered a judge's question by saying she believes marriage should be only between a man and a woman.

The sexy, boob-enhanced Miss California also failed to reveal that she posed for nude photographs.

In an interview Monday with conservative Christian radio talk show host James Dobson, Prejean said her answer to the pagent judge's question on gay marriage pitted her against the Devil.

"I felt as though Satan was trying to tempt me in asking this question," she said.
"And then God was in my head and in my heart saying: 'Do not compromise this. You need to stand up for Me and you need to share with all these people...you need to witness to them.'"

She said God asked her, "Carrie, how bad do you want this? Are you willing to compromise your beliefs for a one-year crown of Miss USA?"

Prejean is slated to appear on the program today.

Frustrated pageant officials on Monday appointed Prejean's runnerup, Tami Farrell, a special "Beauty of California Ambassador" to fill in for the tarnished queen.
Prejean has failed to make appearances in violation of her contract, complained Miss California USA co-executive directors Keith Lewis and Shanna Moakler.

Moakler said Prejean's failure to reveal the photos were out there to organizers shows she entered the pageant under false pretenses.

"For us the severity of nudity in the one photo that Carrie Prejean has admitted was hers is not the issue. The fact that she entered the pageant and admitted it, is," Moakler said.

Lewis admitted that the gay marriage controversy is also a factor.

"Her message was dividing us rather than bringing us back together," he said.

He blasted the National Organization for Marriage for making Prejean its poster girl and encouraging her to shirk her pageant responsibilities in favor of "polarizing" politics.

"Shame, shame, shame," he said. "Shame for doing it all the while knowing that you placed her in a position where she stood to possibly lose her crown not for her beliefs ...but for the breach of contract you so willingly encouraged."

The state pageant has been investigating whether the blonde bombshell violated her contract by making public appearances for the National Organization of Marriage that conflicted with pageant business.

Lewis and Moakler also revealed that they now have to go through non-pageant handlers to contact her and have been asked to provide special security for her at events.

"We've never had that before: a beauty queen having to have a team of people protecting her in order to go out and create goodwill," he said. "We've been pretty much hijacked, unable to do the work at hand."

He said he'd support Trump's decision either way.

Prejean was named first runner-up in the Miss USA pageant on April 19.

She became a YouTube sensation after she answered a question on gay marriage posed by guest judge Perez Hilton, an openly gay celebrity blogger.

"I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," she said

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum