You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Pelosi says Bush team misled her - Page 3 Empty Re: Pelosi says Bush team misled her Mon May 18, 2009 12:56 am

gypsy

gypsy
well as most of her colleagues state she is not the person you describe~

Graham a representative i think. also states he was not told of the waterboarding, that makes two, it is up to pendetta to prove she was told by whatever records they kept, pelosi has already said she will go through her records and open them i think pendetta should also

yes i do know somewhat how the government worksI will admit i am not an expert like umm some claim~maybe you should run for office ! right?,
i don't rush in, accusing someone of wrong doing without proof, and i also don't call them names~
If you support the republicans, that is your choice, as for me,I am ashamed of them` we need some good republicans to build this party back up to grace~
I said many moons ago that this war crimes would explode,it has, i think who ever is involved should be investigated, but really I wish it would all be dropped and move this country to a positive stature~~

the Republicans are namby pamby and crying,well they should have thought of this long ago when they were in power~ they failed~ Simple..
also Pelosi has been involved in politics for 20plus years~
I know we will not agree on any of this~ I do think your harsh language solves nothing

watch the vido from fox on the cia I put it on lounge i think

52Pelosi says Bush team misled her - Page 3 Empty Re: Pelosi says Bush team misled her Mon May 18, 2009 2:44 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Pelosi has dug herself a very deep hole, she knows she is involved and is looking for the back door, Panetta has bigger fish to fry than Pelosi but since she made the harsh statement against the CIA , then you bet they will destroy her. Her career is over. Obama certainly doesn't need this mess so let Pelosi be the sacrificial lamb. The Republican party is regaining strength and will emerge wiser and stronger than ever, and much of the push will come from unhappy Dems. they are beginning to show their true colors now. Obama is far from having unity within his own party. Moon we have a cluster fuck on our hands, lord knows it will only get worse.

53Pelosi says Bush team misled her - Page 3 Empty Re: Pelosi says Bush team misled her Mon May 18, 2009 10:59 am

gypsy

gypsy
I think the republicans are looking for an out, the heat is on them they were in charge when all this transpired.after all the republican lawyers bybee andyoo tried to even make waterboarding legal` but i think we have exhausted all accusations, we will just have to wait and see the outlook,I think if one is persecuted they all should be, that includes Ms Pelosi if she is guilty,I don't sentence someone guilty until proof is in hand, or writing~ without a shadow of doubt,is my philosophy
I think many have dug holes~ and are getting antsy

so we will have to wait and see. so i am also through vocing on this subject. for awhile~her career is over, now how do you know that SSC? so if hers is over so should all involved.

54Pelosi says Bush team misled her - Page 3 Empty Re: Pelosi says Bush team misled her Mon May 18, 2009 11:39 am

gypsy

gypsy
sorry one more excerpt

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0509/22546.html

Boehner didn't always defend CIA
TAGS: Congress, Republicans, John Boehner, Democrats, Nancy Pelosi, CIA
By GLENN THRUSH | 5/15/09 4:19 AM EDT
Text Size:
House Minority Leader John Boehner appears on Capitol Hill.
House Dems were none too amused when House Minority Leader John Boehner went after Nancy Pelosi for saying the CIA misled her.
Photo: AP

House Democrats were none too amused when John Boehner went after Nancy Pelosi for saying the CIA misled her during a 2002 briefing on enhanced interrogations.

Boehner defended the agency’s record and said it was “hard” for him to imagine “anyone in our intelligence area would ever mislead a member of Congress.”

No sooner had the words come out of the Republican leader’s mouth than Democratic staffers were passing around Boehner quotes in which Boehner — you guessed it — questioned the effectiveness of U.S. intel agencies.

On Dec. 9, 2007, CNN’s Wolf Blitzer asked Boehner: “Are you suggesting, as I think you are, that you don’t necessarily have confidence in this new NIE [National Intelligence Estimate on Iraq]?”

Boehner: “Either I don’t have confidence in what they told me several months ago or I don’t have confidence in what they’re telling me today.”

Nine months earlier, on NBC’s ”Meet the Press,” Boehner said: “It’s clear to all of us, Democrats and Republicans, that we have flawed intelligence. The CIA had bad intelligence, the Pentagon had bad intelligence and, for that matter, all of our allies around the world had the same bad intelligence.”

Boehner spokesman Michael Steel shot back, saying, “There is a world of difference between asking questions about analysis of complex — and often contradictory — information and flat-out accusing our nation’s intelligence professionals of deliberately deceiving Congress. Don’t equate reasoned debate with accusations of lying.”

One Democratic staffer also sent along an excerpt from Boehner’s 2006 appearance on MSNBC’s “Hardball” in which Boehner defended the agency’s intelligence on Saddam Hussein, with the leader asserting that Iraq did, in fact, possess weapons of mass destruction.

“The same guy who thinks that the CIA never misled Congress is the same guy who still believes Saddam had WMDs,” the aide said.

55Pelosi says Bush team misled her - Page 3 Empty Re: Pelosi says Bush team misled her Mon May 18, 2009 12:00 pm

"One Democratic staffer also sent along an excerpt from Boehner’s 2006 appearance on MSNBC’s “Hardball” in which Boehner defended the agency’s intelligence on Saddam Hussein, with the leader asserting that Iraq did, in fact, possess weapons of mass destruction.

“The same guy who thinks that the CIA never misled Congress is the same guy who still believes Saddam had WMDs,” the aide said." /// Who? Those who had something to say worth listening to, were known by name. All the rest is NOT news, as you always say. Just some anonymous opinion,and thus irrelevant. A government official? An aide? Who? Useless and typical whining by snickering college student type Obamalites. I think Ms. Pelosi has a few months. They don't wanna give her the bum's rush.

56Pelosi says Bush team misled her - Page 3 Empty Re: Pelosi says Bush team misled her Mon May 18, 2009 12:06 pm

gypsy

gypsy
do your own work,look it up. that is what you tell me ..

its out there, the names.

57Pelosi says Bush team misled her - Page 3 Empty Re: Pelosi says Bush team misled her Mon May 18, 2009 12:57 pm

gypsy

gypsy
http://mediamattersaction.org/video/200905140006

Rep. Boehner: Now and Then
May 14, 2009 3:51 pm ET

Today, May 14, 2009, Rep. John Boehner criticized Speaker Pelosi's press conference by saying, "it's hard for me to imagine that our intelligence area would ever mislead a member of Congress." Yet in 2007, Rep. Boehner criticized our nation's intelligence community by saying, "either I don't have confidence in what they told me several months ago or I don't have confidence in what they're telling me today." Once again, rather than finding the truth, Rep. Boehner is playing politics.

John Boehner Now

John Boehner: "I've dealt with our intelligence professionals for the last three-and-a-half years on an almost daily basis, and it's hard for me to imagine that our intelligence area would ever mislead a member of Congress." [Boehner Press Availability via The Hill, 5/14/2009]
John Boehner Then:

December 9, 2007:

Wolf Blitzer: "Are you suggesting, as I think you are, that you don't necessarily have confidence in this new NIE?"

Rep. John Boehner: "Either I don't have confidence in what they told me several months ago or I don't have confidence in what they're telling me today." [CNN, Late Edition with Wolf Blitzer, 12/9/2007; emphasis added]

February 11, 2007:

Rep. John Boehner: "It's clear to all of us, Democrats and Republicans, that we have flawed intelligence. The CIA have bad intelligence, the Pentagon had bad intelligence and, for that matter, all of our allies around the world had the same bad intelligence. And so that's why Republicans voted to set up the National Intelligence Directorate to reform our intelligence activities." [NBC, Meet the Press, 2/11/07]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum