You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Deep Blue beats G. Kasparov in 1997 Empty Deep Blue beats G. Kasparov in 1997 Wed May 28, 2008 4:07 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner

2Deep Blue beats G. Kasparov in 1997 Empty Re: Deep Blue beats G. Kasparov in 1997 Thu May 29, 2008 12:58 am

3Deep Blue beats G. Kasparov in 1997 Empty Re: Deep Blue beats G. Kasparov in 1997 Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:46 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Its amazing that someone could beat a computer that was professionally programed like Deep Blue was even once. When you consider how may move possibilities it can process in one second in comparison to mans capabilities to process moves, its boggles the mind to rationality contemplate ever beating it. And I still don't understand how its ever done. I believe it has to do with "sacrifice", but even then wouldn't that be considered a possible move variation and be considered as a possibility by the computer? Since the game has no 'chance' factor to consider, it would seem to me that EVERY move could be considered, even a "sacrifice" that is just another s strategic move in a chain of many.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum