You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Obama Job Approval Slips... Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:18 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Obama Job Approval Slips to 58 Percent

PRINCETON, N.J. (June 21) - President Barack Obama's job approval rating fell to 58% in Gallup Poll daily tracking from June 16-18 -- a new low for Obama in Gallup tracking, although not dissimilar to the 59% he has received on four other occasions.

Thirty-three percent of Americans now disapprove of the job Obama is doing as president, just one point shy of his record-high 34% disapproval score from early June.

President Barack Obama
Lowest Approval Rating So Far: 58 percent
Date of Poll: June 16 - June 18, 2009

Since Obama took office in January, his approval rating in Gallup tracking has averaged 63%, and most of his three-day ratings have registered above 60%. Approval of Obama did fall to 59% in individual readings in February, March, April, and early June; however, in each case, the rating lasted only a day before rebounding to at least 60%.
The latest decline in Obama's approval score, to 58%, results from a drop in approval among political independents as well as among Republicans. Democrats remain as highly supportive of the president as ever.
Obama's approval rating was 60% from June 13-15, at which time 88% of Democrats, 60% of independents, and 25% of Republicans approved of the job he was doing. In the June 16-18 polling, Democrats' approval of him stands at 92% -- up slightly -- whereas approval is down among both independents (by seven points) and Republicans (by four points).

Bottom Line

Since February, Obama's weekly approval ratings from Republicans have consistently averaged close to 30% and from independents, close to 60%. With Republican approval now down to 21% and independent approval down to 53%, Obama's overall job approval has dipped to a new low for his presidency.
It is not clear what's behind the decline, but two issues have received considerable play in the news this week, and could be contributing factors. On Monday, the president received bad news on health care reform from the Congressional Budget Office, whose estimate of the cost of one reform plan caused sticker shock on Capitol Hill. This may be feeding into public concerns about the administration's deficit spending.
At the same time, the disputed Iranian presidential election has been front-page news. Obama's cautious response has sparked sharp criticism from Republican Sen. John McCain and many on the political right who are eager for him to declare the election a "fraud," and to show more solidarity with the Iranian protesters.

Survey Methods

Results are based on telephone interviews with 1,504 national adults, aged 18 and older, conducted June 16-18, 2009, as part of Gallup Poll Daily tracking. For results based on the total sample of national adults, one can say with 95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error is ±3 percentage points.
Interviews are conducted with respondents on land-line telephones (for respondents with a land-line telephone) and cellular phones (for respondents who are cell-phone only).
In addition to sampling error, question wording and practical difficulties in conducting surveys can introduce error or bias into the findings of public opinion polls.

AOL News

2Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:39 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Geeee act like I am surprised...LOL
Maybe my vote is finally counting at least on the phone and online polls cheers

3Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:10 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Results are based on telephone interviews with 1,504 national adults, aged 18 and older, conducted June 16-18, 2009, as part of Gallup Poll Daily tracking. For results based on the total sample of national adults, one can say with 95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error is ±3 percentage points.
Interviews are conducted with respondents on land-line telephones (for respondents with a land-line telephone) and cellular phones (for respondents who are cell-phone only).
In addition to sampling error, question wording and practical difficulties in conducting surveys can introduce error or bias into the findings of public opinion polls.

1500 people ~interviewed not a very good percentage I would say~ or very accurate this is funny

4Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:55 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Oh OK, I can see thru this attitude you have right now, debating the facts of the poll. but what you fail to realize is that poll is consistent and accurate, consistent with any poll taken in the world, regardless if you want more votes counted in your favor, it is statistically correct. Sorry it doesn't meet your criteria.. Obama Job Approval Slips... 440643

Last edited by runawayhorses on Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:56 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
You never cease to amaze me in your lack of political activities.
Gallup polls and all others are not conducted in mass, they call a select number then get their percentages, wait let me guess you think they only picked out Republicans ...LOL

6Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:57 pm

gypsy

gypsy
runawayhorses wrote:Oh OK, I can see thru this attitude you have right now, debating the facts of the poll. but what you fail to realize is that poll is consistent and accurate, consistent with any poll taken in the world, regardless if you want more votes counted in your favor, it is statistically correct. Sorry it doesn't meet your criteria.. Obama Job Approval Slips... 440643
I was only making a statement, nothing reflected towards you Tyler~ but 1500hundrepeople national is very small number~ It doesn't matter if they are in my favor, it was just a recognition~

7Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:08 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Polls can be taken in small numbers and still reflect an accurate account of its accuracy in larger numbers, going overboard with the numbers doesn't prove anything, its a waste of time.

8Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:24 pm

gypsy

gypsy
http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1997/gen/indepth/polls/faq.html

I didn't copy all of this but find this very interesting///

How Many People Are Interviewed?

It varies from poll to poll, but usually Gallup and Yankelovich will interview 600 to 1000 people. In almost every case, those people (pollsters call them "respondents") will be at least 18 years old.
How Are Those People Interviewed?

All interviews are conducted by telephone. This gives the respondents a measure of privacy while allowing us to interview as many people as possible in a short amount of time. Since nearly every household in the U.S. has a telephone, this method gives nearly all Americans an equal chance of being selected to participate in our polls.
How Are Those People Selected?

In a technique known as "random-digit dialling," a computer selects completely at random the phone numbers that our interviewers call. This method allows us to reach people with unlisted phone numbers and people who have moved recently as well as those who are listed in the phone book. This also assures that the interviewer knows nothing about the respondent before the interview takes place.

The key word here is "random." Using a computer guarantees that the numbers are generated truly randomly. (Anyone who works with computers can attest to how randomly a computer can behave.) And as long as the phone numbers are chosen at random, every person in America has an equal chance of being selected for one of our polls.
Don'T You Really Just Interview People Who You Know Will Give You The Answer You Want?

No, we don't. We can't. We only know one thing about our respondents -- their telephone number -- before they are called. We don't know whether they are liberal or conservative, Republican or Democrat, rich or poor. That is one of the chief advantages of the "random-digit dialling" technique over other methods which polling organizations have used in the past.
How Can So Few People Represent The Views Of The Entire U.S. Public?

How the poll respondents are chosen is far more important than how many are chosen. If every person in the United States has an equal chance of being called for one of our polls, it stands to reason that the people we call will represent the views of every person in the United States.

The random "samples" used in polling is based on basic mathematical principles that can be found in any elementary textbook on statistics. Businesses use these same statistical techniques every day. Courts routinely allow studies based on these principles to be admitted as evidence. Even the Census Bureau, who you would normally expect to try to interview every single person in the U.S., will use these principles in a pinch. They are difficult to explain in just a sentence or two, but any book on statistics available in your local library will give you as much information on "sampling" as you would like to know.
Why Doesn'T Cnn Run Mail-In Surveys Or Call-In Surveys To "900" Telephone Numbers?

Because those polls don't accurately reflect the opinions of the American public. Polls cannot be reliable if the people who participate in them are "self-selected" -- that is, if they have taken the trouble to fill in a form or call a special telephone line. Polls like that only reflect the views of people who feel very strongly about the issue contained in the poll. Often they are conducted by a television or radio show, so they also only reflect the views of people who read or watch that particular show. In addition, people with the time and money to answer such polls tend to be more affluent.
I Haven'T Ever Been Called (And Neither Have Any Of My Friends). Doesn'T That Mean Your Polls Are Wrong?

Not at all. The samples of people we pick for our polls are valid as long as everyone else in the country has the same chance as you do to be selected. In a nation of about 200 million adults, we certainly won't talk to everyone. But if all 200 million have an equal chance of being picked, it stands to reason that the people who are chosen will generally reflect the views of all the ones who haven't been interviewed -- including you.
But Your Polls Don'T Match What I Think And What My Friends Think.

We'd be surprised if they did. We try to make sure that we have polled plenty of people just like you, but we also try to make sure that we poll plenty of people who are unlike you. Our polls aren't meant to reflect exclusively the conversations you have at work, the radio stations you listen to, or your family's dinnertable discussions. They are meant to reflect a little piece of the conversations every American has at work, radio stations all across the country, and the dinnertable conversations of 200 million Americans.

It's understandable to assume that your experiences are typical of what the whole country is thinking. But how many people do you know from the Northeast, or the Deep South, or the Mountain West? How many people do you talk to on a daily basis who are far richer than you, or far poorer? How many of your friends talk politics with people who live in inner cities and on farms, who are retired and still in college, who are divorced with several children and happily married with none? That's why CNN conducts polls -- to talk to tremendously different people all across the United States all at the same time.

In fact, in any poll, there is a group of respondents who are like you and your friends. If we just looked at those respondents, you would see poll results that reflected your views. But we want to show how the entire country feels about issues.
What Is The "Sampling Error" Or "Margin Of Error?"

Random samples obviously aren't as accurate as interviewing the entire population. Fortunately, it is easy to measure the biggest possible difference between the results of most polls and the results you would get if you asked the same questions of all 200 million adult Americans. That maximum difference is called the "sampling error" or "margin of error." 95% of all polls are guaranteed to fall within that relatively narrow range.

CNN recognizes that this sampling error exists for every poll result we broadcast. That is why every poll graphic shows the sampling error at the bottom.
Okay, But How Should I Interpret The Sampling Error?

Let's say we do a poll in which Candidate A would win 56% of the vote if the election were held today. If the sampling error were plus-or-minus three percentage points, it means there is some chance that Candidate A's support could be as high as 59% (56 plus 3) if we had asked all 200 million adult Americans. There is also some chance that her support could be as low as 53% (56 minus 3) if we had done 200 million interviews.

That does not mean, however, that the chances are equal that Candidate A's support actually is 53%, 54%, 55%, or 56%. The likelihood is very low that her support is 53%, slightly higher that it is 54%, higher still that it is 55%, and highest of all that she would actually win 56% of the vote. That is why CNN would report that 56% figure -- the one with the greatest likelihood of being correct -- while also taking pains to note the sampling error as well. (The same is true at the other end of the scale. Candidate A would be slightly likely to win 59% of the vote, somewhat more likely to win 58%, even more likely to win 57%, and likeliest of all to win 56%.)
What Is A Likely Voter?

As you know, not all Americans who are eligible to vote do so, and voters, as a group, can be different than non-voters. As a result, in the months and weeks just before an election, we will try to identify those respondents who are most likely to vote. We usually refer to those people as "likely voters." Typically, they are registered to vote, say they are definitely planning to do so, and fit other criteria which years of polling have shown are likely predictors of voting behavior.

there is more,if you want to look and read it~

9Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:27 pm

gypsy

gypsy
runawayhorses wrote:Polls can be taken in small numbers and still reflect an accurate account of its accuracy in larger numbers, going overboard with the numbers doesn't prove anything, its a waste of time.
//I know Tyler, I was just making a comment on how small the percentage was called, I understand the concept,at the time it struck me as funny`,I meant nothing towards you.

10Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:44 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Gypsy stop backing up on your post, you made a semi-sarcastic remark. I really think you believed if more had been polled more would have been in Obama's favor, not the way it works in polls. Tyler explained that very clearly. You seemed to be the only one lacking an understand of the poll process.

11Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:56 pm

gypsy

gypsy
SSC get off it.., I did not make a sarcastic remark, your edging for a fight, I will not accommodate you,I owe you no explanation,at all ZIT!! comprehend?? only to Tyler~ I am tired of you constantly remarking about my comprehension like your an Einstein or something~even if i were the dumbest person on the planet it isn't up to you to judge or call my,or anyone's attention~to it.. I admit i don't know everything and neither do you~I meant not sarcastic to Tyler at all if i did i would admit it

12Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:01 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Suck it up Gyp. just like you told me there is an ignore button..use it by all means. I am not picking a fight, you use that alot when you are not sure of your standings...or think your foot is sticking out your mouth. lol! lol! lol!

13Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:54 am

gypsy

gypsy
I am very sure of my standings, your the one jumping on me/my post, and complaining, so maybe you should suck it up,or quit picking..its your foot sticking out of yours >>Uhuh(mouth) Obama Job Approval Slips... 729264

14Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:56 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Then post something that makes some god damn sense.......IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT STAY OUT THE KITCHEN

15Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:58 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
MY WORDS : as has been posted, the Gallop poll is one of the most respected polls, the Rasmussen poll had a similar article but its not where i get my news now, but the amount of ppl Gallop used is typical of any poll and usually very accurate.that amount i think is about the same as when predicting elections. actually i may be wrong but i thought i posted about the same post as tyler did somewhere else, but im not sure, but i read it where i get my news, and i still think i put it somewhere, but i could be wrong, but the amount of ppl is the norm for all polls. but gallop is one of the oldest and most respected polls there is.

Rasmussen poll had a similar article as gallop, Scott Rasmussen, president of Rasmussen Reports, has been an independent pollster for more than a decade.

16Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:22 pm

gypsy

gypsy
SSC wrote:Then post something that makes some god damn sense.......IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT STAY OUT THE KITCHEN
I can take anything you dish your the one who gets testy,I am not complaining about anything you are~ if you don't like what i post then simple don't read it~

17Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:26 pm

gypsy

gypsy
right Rosco,it was just funny to me at the time that such a small amount were polled, but i understand the Configuration now~~ nothing reflected towards Tyler, I respect him.

18Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:13 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Carry on GYP. I love the confusion you are creating for yourself..

19Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:19 pm

gypsy

gypsy
no confusion on my part, your the one posting silliness, I didn't start this, you did,as you usually do.. I posted on Tylers post, and we have handled it, time for you to back off~ smile! Be Happy!

20Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:20 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:right Rosco,it was just funny to me at the time that such a small amount were polled, but i understand the Configuration now~~ nothing reflected towards Tyler, I respect him.
i follow poles mainly in elections and as my memory serves me they dont use large numbers of ppl but do what gallop did and i may have misspelled gallop,and it states always a plus , minus 3 percent error factor

21Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:29 pm

gypsy

gypsy
rosco 357 wrote:
gypsy wrote:right Rosco,it was just funny to me at the time that such a small amount were polled, but i understand the Configuration now~~ nothing reflected towards Tyler, I respect him.
i follow poles mainly in elections and as my memory serves me they dont use large numbers of ppl but do what gallop did and i may have misspelled gallop,and it states always a plus , minus 3 percent error factor
yes i have read that,
I don't put much into polls, I think he is doing as good a job as anyone else who might have been elected, there will always be disgruntled people,Ii was but I am over it, I don't hold grudges, against you know SHHH it starts with A (B) Obama Job Approval Slips... 729264

22Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:32 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 33% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-three percent (33%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of 0 (see trends).

Seven percent (7%) rate the economy as good or excellent while 59% say it’s poor. A Rasmussen video report notes that 55% believe business leaders will do more than government officials to get the economy moving again.

Sixty-nine percent (69%) say that volunteer activity is more important that political action. But, people are evenly divided as to whether or not volunteerism or government policies are the best way to bring about the change that America needs.

The Presidential Approval Index is calculated by subtracting the number who Strongly Disapprove from the number who Strongly Approve. It is updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern (sign up for free daily e-mail update). Updates also available on Twitter.

Overall, 55% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance so far. Forty-four percent (44%) disapprove. For more Presidential barometers, see Obama By the Numbers and recent demographic highlights.

Most oppose the “Cash for Clunkers” plan that’s been approved by Congress and 50% believe that hate is on the rise in America.

Most voters still place the blame for our nation’s economic woes on the Bush Administration, but a growing number say it’s Obama’s economy now. The number blaming Bush has fallen to 54%. That’s down eight points from a month ago.

Americans remain evenly divided as to whether or not health care reform should wait until the economy is better.

Check out our weekly review of key polls from last week to see “What They Told Us.” You might also try our Daily Prediction Challenge to predict the results of upcoming polls.

When comparing Job Approval data from different firms, it’s important to keep in mind that polls of likely voters and polls of all adults will typically and consistently yield different results. In the case of President Obama, polls by all firms measuring all adults typically show significantly higher approval ratings than polls of likely voters. Polls of registered voters typically fall in the middle. Other factors are also important to consider when comparing Job Approval ratings from different polling firms.

If you’d like Scott Rasmussen to speak at your meeting, retreat, or conference, contact Premiere Speakers Bureau. You can also learn about Scott’s favorite place on earth or his time working with hockey legend Gordie Howe.

A Fordham University professor has rated the national pollsters on their record in Election 2008. We also have provided a summary of our results for your review.

Daily tracking results are collected via telephone surveys of 500 likely voters per night and reported on a three-day rolling average basis. The margin of sampling error—for the full sample of 1,500 Likely Voters--is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Results are also compiled on a full-week basis and crosstabs for full-week results are available for Premium Members.

Like all polling firms, Rasmussen Reports weights its data to reflect the population at large (see methodology). Among other targets, Rasmussen Reports weights data by political party affiliation using a dynamic weighting process. While partisan affiliation is generally quite stable over time, there are a fair number of people who waver between allegiance to a particular party or independent status. Over the past four years, the number of Democrats in the country has increased while the number of Republicans has decreased.

Our baseline targets are established based upon separate survey interviews with a sample of adults nationwide completed during the preceding three months (a total of 45,000 interviews) and targets are updated monthly. Currently, the baseline targets for the adult population are 40.1% Democrats, 33.1% Republicans, and 26.7% unaffiliated. Likely voter samples typically show a slightly smaller advantage for the Democrats.

A review of last week’s key polls is posted each Saturday morning. Other stats on Obama are updated daily on the Rasmussen Reports Obama By the Numbers page. We also invite you to review other recent demographic highlights from the tracking polls.

23Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:22 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
gypsy wrote:
rosco 357 wrote:
yes i have read that,
I don't put much into polls, I think he is doing as good a job as anyone else who might have been elected, there will always be disgruntled people,Ii was but I am over it, I don't hold grudges, against you know SHHH it starts with A (B) Obama Job Approval Slips... 729264

Jesus how childish can you get...
Of course you don't put faith in polls, why should you, they are just everyday random people , you know normal americans just speaking their opinions ....not some big cover up..No scandal there for you to dig into.

24Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:26 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
gypsy wrote:no confusion on my part, your the one posting silliness, I didn't start this, you did,as you usually do.. I posted on Tylers post, and we have handled it, time for you to back off~ smile! Be Happy!

oh pleaseeeeeeeeeeee don't tell em to back off..I have yet to begin.
That just makes it easier to target you, confusion is building...
I am always happy when reading your posts best laughs of the day... lol!

25Obama Job Approval Slips... Empty Re: Obama Job Approval Slips... Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:34 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Itsy Bitsy spider went up the water spout
down came the rain
and washed the spider out
out came the sun
dried up all the water
itsy bitsy spider went
up the spout again.. Razz
I love these little rhymes
we shoud get a game going on them lol!

Sponsored content