1post offices Empty post offices Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:06 pm

gypsy

gypsy
closing, maybe 3200 across the U S

2post offices Empty Re: post offices Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:39 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Have they posted the list of towns yet ?

3post offices Empty Re: post offices Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:37 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I haven't seen any cities posted yet SSC

4post offices Empty Re: post offices Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:48 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gee i hope they dont close mine, i dont think they will .. i will go there tonigt at 3:30 am to mail a bill,after work i go a different way to work but come home that way

5post offices Empty Re: post offices Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:54 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I wonder how they choose the ones to close, i know our little post office was cut back on carriers~,Ihope we don't close either~ this is sad to see our country go through this~

6post offices Empty Re: post offices Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:07 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i think alot is technology, email and ppl paying bills over the internet just not as much mail, but i could be wrong, they may close ours there is a huge one down the highway, but i like the one closer , to me its more convenient

7post offices Empty Re: post offices Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:12 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I agree Rosco online bill paying is taking a toll on the postoffice, plus UPS and Fedex, and postage going up every year. We have a small one the next town has the main branch and 4 smaller ones. They cut back manpower at ours and stopped selling stamps from a machine. But the box price goes up every year 36.00 for a small box, think I will drop the P.O box and just use the one infront of the house.

8post offices Empty Re: post offices Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:41 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:I agree Rosco online bill paying is taking a toll on the postoffice, plus UPS and Fedex, and postage going up every year. We have a small one the next town has the main branch and 4 smaller ones. They cut back manpower at ours and stopped selling stamps from a machine. But the box price goes up every year 36.00 for a small box, think I will drop the P.O box and just use the one infront of the house.

ihave never had a po box but i think our office has them or did, i did hear on tv a program about netflex the dvd company, they use the us mail and there bill to the us post office in way up in the millions of dollars,it told how small they started but is a huge business now, it told how many millions of dvds they have, and maybe more than one place now, i have not done netflex , holly my youngest has, yep im fixing to go check my box outside now, , take care

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum