You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1The day the Dollar falls Empty The day the Dollar falls Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:31 am

History has caught up on this 2005 film, though in slow motion

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AuPgdZeAFjA

2The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:50 am

I watched the film and although it COULD happen, it is not likely for a number of years IF ever it does. Our dollar is little weak right now, but let's not jump to the conclusion that it will spiral.

We are all feeling the stress of higher prices in the market place and at the gas pumps. I see more and more smaller cars now . The auto dealers are not selling the larger less fuel efficient autos here. I see SUVs and large diesel trucks with "for sale" signs sitting in drive ways. It would be difficult to give one away. Some companies will not be manufacturing the larger ones in 2009. That means the closing of plants and loss of jobs. (A "catch 22" or a "damn if we do and damn if we don't!" type of thing.)

Granted we do need to conserve fuel and I think measures are being taken to that end as the rising prices are having a negative impact in the heart of our great nation.

We are capable of understanding what Americans could/should do to help avoid a crisis in our country (and the ripples it would cause in other countries), but executing it takes time.

The film maker expressed that the "blame game" was inevitable. America is not solely to blame. It seems everyone wants a piece of America all the while hating us for our years of prosperity. Go figure!

3The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:19 pm

U.S. stocks battered again after brief rally loses steam
Friday July 11, 3:56 pm ET
By Kate Gibson

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- U.S. stocks on Friday lapsed back into the cellar after a late-day rally that followed reports that Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke offered the central bank's discount window to battered mortgage lenders Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
ADVERTISEMENT

"The biggest culprits are bouncing off their lows. It amounts to throwing a deck chair off the Titanic obviously," said Art Hogan, chief market strategist at Jefferies & Co.

4The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:25 am

Now Indy Mac in serious problems:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/la-fi-indymac12-2008jul12,0,859974.story
I m going to the bank now to get out some money, before the problems have become worldwide.
It looks like the scenario, posted in the first post of this thread becomes true.

5The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:56 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
FIGI wrote:I watched the film and although it COULD happen, it is not likely for a number of years IF ever it does. Our dollar is little weak right now, but let's not jump to the conclusion that it will spiral.

We are all feeling the stress of higher prices in the market place and at the gas pumps. I see more and more smaller cars now . The auto dealers are not selling the larger less fuel efficient autos here. I see SUVs and large diesel trucks with "for sale" signs sitting in drive ways. It would be difficult to give one away. Some companies will not be manufacturing the larger ones in 2009. That means the closing of plants and loss of jobs. (A "catch 22" or a "damn if we do and damn if we don't!" type of thing.)

Granted we do need to conserve fuel and I think measures are being taken to that end as the rising prices are having a negative impact in the heart of our great nation.

We are capable of understanding what Americans could/should do to help avoid a crisis in our country (and the ripples it would cause in other countries), but executing it takes time.

The film maker expressed that the "blame game" was inevitable. America is not solely to blame. It seems everyone wants a piece of America all the while hating us for our years of prosperity. Go figure!

i was listening to talk radio on the way home, we have a new DJ for it . he is buying a house here, and had a realestate person on as a guest, i have not checked, but the guy said its a buyers market, but that here in alabama, or maybe this area, is not as bad off as lots of the country, i think he said texas and new york but not sure. the discussed should the government bail out or start bailing out some of the forclosures, well i hate to post and not know the answer, but i think there were mixed views on that part, MY sister, had a ford expedition, and put it up for sale , like 18 months or more, and sold it fairly easy to a man, my sister wanted a volkswagon beetle the new one, she got one that was nto but a few years old and low milage, for 10,000. she says every day she is glad she does not have to sale the expediton now, ,.,, my truck only gets 16 miles a gallon, but i usually only go to walmart which is close, always to teh lake , but today to work as i bought a new water heater i now have to install, so far the only thing that has touche me is the gas, adn my 401 is down some, but someone told me once dont worry to much if the market goes down because u are buying cheep, it may take a few years but it has always gone up, gee i remember when it was less than 1000, i also remember the 87 stock market fall i think was the year,,our work is still strong, i hope it keep it up, but as i said it maybe because rail is a cheeper way to move frieight.. all i know is one guy works 12 hours a day 7 days a week , every week, and goes to college after he gets off, i would die from depresssion, lol,, i work just on some saturdays usually every other one, but my boss said i can work over more that my 8 hours a day if i choose.i keep my cash like what i inherited , in cds, its does not pay much interest now, but its safe, and i have half that much in a money market at the credit union,..which is safe, it will all work out , just depend when, i still have 10 years to work, my brother in law owns a percentage of this. he goes to mississppi every week and works on i dont know what, but its some kinda additive that gives diesel get better millage, not sure of the process, i know i heard its made under pressure, mississippi state university test it, they will have to change it some and are so they can sell it overseas, i think what they have now is ok for the US< but i dont know if the overseas version will sell in place of what they developed here,, or not,,

6The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:32 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
Mays Gilliam wrote:Now Indy Mac in serious problems:
I m going to the bank now to get out some money, before the problems have become worldwide.
It looks like the scenario, posted in the first post of this thread becomes true.

when my mom got worse in her health, i took care of her financial things, even back then, i always made sure each bank did not have over 100,000 in cds, because of the FDIC insurace limit of one hundred thousand,,

7The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:27 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran

here is another article of the same thing, maybe some more views or facts, but im really not sure, take care

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aAYLeK3YAie4&refer=worldwide

8The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:50 am

rosco 357 wrote:

here is another article of the same thing, maybe some more views or facts, but im really not sure, take care

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aAYLeK3YAie4&refer=worldwide

Yes, an article about the same thing, viewed by people whose names ends on berg and the latter fact always makes it a bit suspicious.
It s a bit of an egg and chicken story: They blame Schumer for the collapse of the bank, because of his letter of the 26th of june, which caused the run on the bank.
No matter whose fault it was, eventually the taxpayer will have to pay for the bank's losses.

9The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:52 pm

10The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:07 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran

that was a very good film . seems many ppl. as she said that should be watching. droped the ball. i have seen her show, and always enjoy what she has to say.. hopefully the banks will lend to more responsible and
ppl with better credit rating,, and things such as that.and lended the money not on the strengh of the ppl credit, but only on the value of the property. which took a nose dive. not hard to see some were just asleep at the wheel. and did not want to rock the boat,..take care

11The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:17 pm

rosco 357 wrote:

that was a very good film . seems many ppl. as she said that should be watching. droped the ball. i have seen her show, and always enjoy what she has to say.. hopefully the banks will lend to more responsible and
ppl with better credit rating,, and things such as that.and lended the money not on the strengh of the ppl credit, but only on the value of the property. which took a nose dive. not hard to see some were just asleep at the wheel. and did not want to rock the boat,..take care

this woman is smart
I suppose you have seen this one too:

12The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:33 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well mays, i only watch a few tv shows, i have watched hers a few times, but i record a couple of my favorite shows, but one thing she talked about, was paying on the principle, when i first bought this house, it was 2 years old, and i paid an equity and assumed the loan, the principle was so low, i paid the next principle, for a bit, but the finance company that had my loan kept selling out to anothter company, so i got a bit nervous that my paying on the principe may be lost in the shuffle, but what little i did pay knocked off 2 years at the end, and it did not get lost in the shuffle, i knew i was near the end, and i called, and asked how much i had in escrow, and they used that to pay off what was left of my loan.. no i had not seen that one, take care

13The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:58 pm

Mays Gilliam wrote:History has caught up on this 2005 film, though in slow motion

With apolgies, I didn't finish the articla for two reasons. (a) It's based totally on stats. and (b) it came to a somewhat accurate conclusion. After some experience studying psychometric curves and the way they resolve many variables into a place,a time, a location, an entropic, it became clear that the dollar will not fall, it has fallen. The value of oil curve, the addition of the Euro ($) curve, the increasing and seemingingly endless economoic growth of the American economy, among many other factors, have led to this inevitible result. There is simply not enough steam to drive the turbines. Our system is old, slow, creaky, and just not up to adjust to a global economy. We gots the guns, but they are useless. Americans: Eat more fish and chicken, drive less, get used to the cold and heat, drive your car for 8 years; not two. Adjust. We're in for hard times. And don't forget Mays, our hard times became Europe's hard times and led to WWII.

14The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:26 pm

gypsy

gypsy
We have danced for years in America,,now we pay the fiddler..
I have always been thrifty,partly from necessity.. now that our kids are grown, I kind of got soft and wasn't.. now i am hanging out clothes, turning up the air to warmer degree, and opening windows and shutting it off on cooler days.. only driving when absolutely necessary,always grew my food, and preserved it, freezing/canning~still doing that.. we all must work together through the difficult times coming.. I hope it will not last, and don't mean to sound pessimistic`

Last edited by gypsy on Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

15The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:52 pm

gypsy wrote:We have danced for years, in America,,now we pay the fiddler..
I have always been thrifty,partly from necessity.. now that our kids are grown, I kind of got soft and wasn't.. now i am hanging out clothes, turning up the air to warmer degree, and opening windows and shutting it off on cooler days.. only driving when absolutely necessary,always grew my food, and preserved it, freezing/canning~still doing that.. we all must work together through the difficult times coming.. I hope it will not last, and don't mean to sound pessimistic`
An excellent post,but.....as long as we (as a world) continiue to produce more humans, the outlook is grim. I am honestly and rationally afraid those weapons mentioned, will be used murdereroislsy and uselessly. All the dead in all wars past are just a drop in the bucket. This sounds sick, and I apologise, but the mass destruction of human life will become rational.

16The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:46 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
meemoon wrote:
Mays Gilliam wrote:History has caught up on this 2005 film, though in slow motion

With apolgies, I didn't finish the articla for two reasons. (a) It's based totally on stats. and (b) it came to a somewhat accurate conclusion. After some experience studying psychometric curves and the way they resolve many variables into a place,a time, a location, an entropic, it became clear that the dollar will not fall, it has fallen. The value of oil curve, the addition of the Euro ($) curve, the increasing and seemingingly endless economoic growth of the American economy, among many other factors, have led to this inevitible result. There is simply not enough steam to drive the turbines. Our system is old, slow, creaky, and just not up to adjust to a global economy. We gots the guns, but they are useless. Americans: Eat more fish and chicken, drive less, get used to the cold and heat, drive your car for 8 years; not two. Adjust. We're in for hard times. And don't forget Mays, our hard times became Europe's hard times and led to WWII.

hey i got that 8 years thing covered in spades, lol, my 95 ford f150 is my baby, and it stays in the basement , and my car does too, but i just got it almost a year ago, and as i said 31 miles to a gallon, my truck i promise looks almost as good as when i bought it, it has just 73,000 mile, but it sucks gas, so i got the car, i keep cars a long time, my datsun truck i drove for 18 years, with lots of shadetree mechnics on it, as for the economy, the only thing now that touches me is the gas. i went saturday, to a new outside mall, which there are several new ones around, and they are large, i went to get a new hot water tank, that i need to install as soon as i have time, that mall has near it both a home depot, and a lowes, both parking lots were almost full and ppl buying lots of things, and traffic was a mess, so someone is spending their rebate, lmao,,,,i close off the hottest bedroom which has a double window and a single window and on the west front of the house, so it gets the afternoon sun, i close it off, and close the air cond, register vent in that room, i only do that on this time of year , adn in the cold of winter., hard to explain but the 2 walls that touch other rooms have a closet, that goes down both those walls, one in the other room, what im saying is i close it off, but teh closet has dead air space, so the heat in that room does not warm the walls of the other 2 bedrooms that it is next to, but i do not do it for anyting now, i have always done it, this gas thing may be a blessing , if congress uses it to finally kick start alternative, and like the shale oil in the rockies, and drill off shore, and in anwar, hell i did nto even know there was an anwar till the oil thing came up, so i say drill everywhere, i know it will be years away even if they start today, but the dems mostly in congress still balks at drilling offshore, and mainly so much oil in the shale in the rockies, and they have the technology now to get it out. it pisses me off that congress will not act, but its an election year and as every election year, each party does thing to make the other party look bad, its always been that way,,, and i guess always will,i just watched some economist on cnn and he said , dont get so upset, that it always runs in cycles and it will come back., be patient, im not in a bunker mentality,, best thing for the economy is spend some money, lol, i will admit the money i spend on gas , or extra money, if not spent on gas, would just go into a savings account for retirement, but heck i may be like my dad and die at 61, so who knows,,

17The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:10 pm

STFU, I'm. 60.

18The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:49 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Don't worry about it moon, you're never gonna die, that's your punishment for being such an asshole. The day the Dollar falls 503179

Actually, I can't comprehend ever becoming 50, but it will get here sure enough.

Rosco, give Moon one of these so he can see what he looks like.. The day the Dollar falls 692113

19The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:53 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I never thought I would be 65. thank God i made it,, but i don't feel that old, nor do i look it i think~it is great to be alive..

20The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:56 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
meemoon wrote:STFU, I'm. 60.

lol moon , ur safe u dont have my dads genes as i do,, lol

21The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:23 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:Don't worry about it moon, you're never gonna die, that's your punishment for being such an asshole. The day the Dollar falls 503179

Actually, I can't comprehend ever becoming 50, but it will get here sure enough.

Rosco, give Moon one of these so he can see what he looks like.. The day the Dollar falls 692113

tyler, i remember so many years ago now, thinking,,,gee at the turn of the century i will be about 50, wow has that passed,

22The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:02 am

Asia stocks down on US financial worries- AP
from Yahoo News-finance

Asian stock markets fell sharply Tuesday as investor confidence in the U.S. financial system eroded even further despite a government-backed plan to help beleaguered mortgage financiers Fannie May and Freddie Mac.

23The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:09 pm

WASHINGTON - President Bush said Tuesday the nation's troubled financial system is "basically sound" and urged lawmakers to quickly enact legislation to prop up mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

24The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:11 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Gee Mays thanks for the news flash as if our Tv's aren't already full of this crap.

25The day the Dollar falls Empty Re: The day the Dollar falls Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:48 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Mays i heard that on the radio, right after the growth is strong on the economy so he will hold off on another stimulus check ,until he sees what the last one does??LOL

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum