You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Yep. I won't lie like many oldsters and say I was there. Soon after the event,somebody made a movie of it and we attended THAT! My brother had an old Dodge slant 6 that was white. We painted the hood blue,leaving white stars and painted broad red stripes down the roof and body. It was quite a sight. People would blow their horhns and give us the "peace" sign. When we went to the drive-in to see "Woodstock", we had the cooler full of Ripple and the glove-box full of pot. The cops in SC didn't even know what it was and would toss it back into the car and say "crazy goddamn kids" (I was 20). Do I still have a little "Woodstock" in me? Yer damn right! Do you? I hope so and suggest you do even if you weren't born yet.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
moon i also went to the Woodstock movie when i was a teenager,just a regular theater,, but i never was into the peace movement, actually i was pro vietnam then .but i was one of the worst of the worst , i was pro vietnam but i did not want to go.so i joined the national guard, the guard was not used because we had a draft,actually i would not have been drafted because my lottery number was to high but not high enough that i was sure i would not be drafted, only after my year ended did i know they did not reach my lottery draft number, they took to 125 and my number was 143.but i was in the second lottery year, the first year took ppl to the number 191 i think,, but i do remember thinking there are billions of communist chinese whats a few more million communist gonna hurt, but as McNamara's book says i think, that war was a mistake,i have not read it, just heard some things about the book...

I may have misled you with my comments. My brother had just got back from Vietnam. He went there to get a SPC5 promotion and combat pay. He saved his money and bought a 65 Corvette when he got back, The old Dodge was a "drunk car". I had a new Chevy Nova myself,and we were definitely NOT anti-war hippies. I was very much white collar. Mike said he didn't care about the Vietnamese one way or the other. Says he stayed high and or loaded his whole tour and let his crew print the maps he was assigned to print. Says he had a good time. If Vietnam was a mistake,it was,in my opinion, a mistake because the politicians made it a mistake. At that time,there were as yet,not a billion Chinese but there certainly are now. Given that the whole area has gone capitalist,I don't know what the the whole thing was for. Just made the USA look dumb.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
meemoon wrote:I may have misled you with my comments. My brother had just got back from Vietnam. He went there to get a SPC5 promotion and combat pay. He saved his money and bought a 65 Corvette when he got back, The old Dodge was a "drunk car". I had a new Chevy Nova myself,and we were definitely NOT anti-war hippies. I was very much white collar. Mike said he didn't care about the Vietnamese one way or the other. Says he stayed high and or loaded his whole tour and let his crew print the maps he was assigned to print. Says he had a good time. If Vietnam was a mistake,it was,in my opinion, a mistake because the politicians made it a mistake. At that time,there were as yet,not a billion Chinese but there certainly are now. Given that the whole area has gone capitalist,I don't know what the the whole thing was for. Just made the USA look dumb.

i agree with ur whole post,take care,, oh and when i was in basic training at ft polk
most my young teachers that gave classes, some outside in bleachers and some inside, when we had a 10 minute break would just talk to us as buddies and all of them had been to vietnam and were assigned to teach,,, and talk about they made more money selling illegal substances over there than they made in government pay,, lol,,again take care

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
meemoon wrote: Do I still have a little "Woodstock" in me? Yer damn right! Do you? I hope so and suggest you do even if you weren't born yet.
Yes I damn sure do, I loved that era of music. Sex drugs and rock n roll was the theme, and of course "Peace". I've seen videos of Woodstock but nothing else, it was a little before my time, I was only about 8 years old.

gypsy

gypsy
loved the music an the peace theme.
been called an old hippie, but I was far from being a hippie ..
did not think the Vietnam war, was necessary..or a need for us to get involved..

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
when i was in college before going into the guard and swept away to louisianna for basic training and AIT, i had a history teacher, funny how i can't remember names and movies but can remember long ago stuff. he just made the comment the amount of money we have spent in vietnam we could have just bulldozed the whole small county do the ground, but i have no idea if he was anywhere close to correct, i also remember someone saying we cant get out of vietnam, bell helicopters are making to much money. that same teacher had a gal on the front row, the first day, she had a kinda short skirt, and had legs crossed, he just looked at her and said," well i see ur on ur way to an "A " already, man can u imagine a teacher saying something like that today.. things just seemed a bit simpler back then...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum