You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

SSC

SSC
Admin
http://www.examiner.com/x-19823-Progressive-Examiner~y2009m9d1-Big-Brother-alert-Sorry-but-Obamas-planned-address-to-all-the-nations-schoolchildren-is-creepy

Gyp nothing in this URL says blog, they are at the bottom of the page .

Reading Roscos post if there are that many people opposing this speech there must be a bunch of unhappy Dems in there too..

gypsy

gypsy
don't know SSC I agree with Rosco it is a silly reaction a lot of presidents have made speeches to school kids

SSC

SSC
Admin
I agree it is silly and could all have been avoided had the right steps been taken from the beginning.
There is enough confusion coming from the White House now, don't go after kids. I think this might have been ill timed. I am all for encouraging children just do it the right and ethical way.

gypsy

gypsy
don't see anything wrong with the steps taken,he is the president
he can make speeches anywhere i assume,as i said it is stirred up by republicans~
like Rosco said the url to your post was from a conservative site, Republican..
my interpretation is it was an opinion~ followed by blogs.
he is doing it the right way, no one knows what is in the speech but they/ jumped the gun~ with this ridiculous actions I don't think it is ill timed either

SSC

SSC
Admin
I don't care if he is the Pope, he isn't anything special, just do it the right way..Inform the schools of the dialog of the speech. That would have been so easy to do , relieving the schools of liability and ensuring it is age appropriate. Obama needs to get over being a rogue and just go by the rules that surely isn't hard to do.
Many more than just Repubs are outraged.Common sence should have prevailed.

gypsy

gypsy
well special yes, I think so.
Why ? he stated what the speech would be about,but you an republicans picked at it~ it is silly what is going on~ it is on tv, an most agree these people making a big ruckus are silly`he did inform the school what it was about it states this in several copied posts,
oh an your temper got going a bit last night, my using the tongue was just meant as a joke, but you had to lose your cool an be vulgar~~

SSC

SSC
Admin
Oh well don't insinuate I didn't know what I was talking about. As it turned out you were the one ill informed. And you must no it wasn't taken as a joke but out right sarcasm you just reaped the reply.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Voices from both the left and the right raised concerns about the intensity of the opposition to a seemingly apolitical act of speaking to the country's schoolchildren. Some education advocates say the misstep on the classroom materials represents a lost opportunity to promote education.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125210804212187859.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was taken from an article much similar to some posted.

SSC

SSC
Admin
gypsy wrote:well special yes, I think so.
Why ? he stated what the speech would be about,but you an republicans picked at it~ it is silly what is going on~ it is on tv, an most agree these people making a big ruckus are silly`he did inform the school what it was about it states this in several copied posts,
oh an your temper got going a bit last night, my using the tongue was just meant as a joke, but you had to lose your cool an be vulgar~~

Possibly today in some areas the context of the speech was released after the rewriting today, as of 2:30 this afternoon according to the local school board no written dialog has been released to schools here. It is said it will be on the WH web site over the week-end, giving parents who wish to view it first a chance to, that is how it should have been done. I trust no one to give unsolicited speeches especially in these fragile times politically. He just learned parents are very protective of what their children are exposed to and by whom.

Last edited by runawayhorses on Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed quote)

gypsy

gypsy
SSC wrote:Oh well don't insinuate I didn't know what I was talking about. As it turned out you were the one ill informed. And you must no it wasn't taken as a joke but out right sarcasm you just reaped the reply.
Voices from both the left and the right raised concerns about the intensity of the opposition to a seemingly apolitical act of speaking to the country's schoolchildren. Some education advocates say the misstep on the classroom materials represents a lost opportunity to promote education.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125210804212187859.html
This was taken from an article much similar to some posted.
at first i did think it was just another political bullet, when i realized it wasn't just a scam about schools being notified I owned up to my mistake, an yes the sticking tongue was a silly joke, but you lose your cool to easy~ i still think Obamas speech is a good thing~ an to much fuss is being made over it~

SSC

SSC
Admin
You don't worry about my temper, you seem to thrive in trying to set it off. Then try to make me look like the ass...Well Gyp it isn't working for you...

If the Obama speech was not controversal then why the late run to rewrite portions of it..??? That is a little curious and certainly has raised red flags to concerned parents.

gypsy

gypsy
really ?? your do that by yourself..

SSC asked: "If the Obama speech was not controversal then why the late run to rewrite portions of it..??? That is a little curious and certainly has raised red flags to concerned parents." /// The original text as reported included "How can I help President Obama reach his goals?" and "How has President Obama inspired me to act?". This is not "silly" nor is seeing it as unaldulterated propaganda "stupid'. If it is so propitious, why are they changing it? As I have said,not all Americans are buying this cult driven nonsense. Not seeing it for what it is,is indeed stupid. If the message asking our kids to look upon our dear leader for all answers and inspiration are duly modified,the conservative voices will have had their effect just like conservative voices have killed socialized medicine. You goddamn right it's politics. The politics of 1984.

SSC

SSC
Admin
Thank you Moon, I appreciate you sticking to topic. Your views are very reasonable . This whole scenario has an air of deceit . I do find it odd now tracks are being covered. This is making Obama look much more like his little speech needed alot of cleaning up to be proper.

39Sorry, but Obama's planned address to nation's schoolchildren is creepy...An Opinion - Page 2 Empty Video about Obamas Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:39 am

gypsy

gypsy
speech to School children

gypsy

gypsy
I meant to put this with the video

So this is another Republican Fear tactic!!
my belief They will (Rep)Smear! Smear !no matter what.

SSC

SSC
Admin
The dems are wrecking themselves without any help at all.

SSC

SSC
Admin
What kind of a video was that ?? You gave the impression it was the speech..I wouldn't have wasted my time listening to Oberman and his biased thinking, another MSNBC ploy obviously, and you complain about Beck...Birds of a feather just different sides of the fence.

SSC wrote:The dems are wrecking themselves without any help at all.
This Van Jones debacle proves the point. All these so-called "czars" were appointed to positions of power instead of cabinet positions so that they could avoid Congressional scrutiny. It obviously backfired. I'm wondering what more ridiculous statements will be revealed. A real source of comedy.

gypsy

gypsy
Two words,I disagree..

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
my thoughts, i dont have a problem in the world with the president addressing the schools of this nation, i do think he should have made his speech as to what he will say known sooner so this whole silly mess could have been avoided,BUT in the world of politics maybe nothing is avoidable. i have laughed my way though it all but mostly reagan telling kids about cutting taxes, lmao,that is politics, but funny as i can see him now doing that,,, this all is hilarious to me. but at the same time it would be nice to know the content of the talk to the kids.i think it said it would be out labor day so we will know the content before school starts.
if its a good inspirational speech on staying in school and deciding ur goals and work hard toward them , i find that good, our children need to hear that. many are falling so far behind..some parents handle this, but many kids go home to drunk or high pitiful parents.so if that child can hear the word to work hard and u can make it if u do, i find no problem with it.
now this is from long ago memory's. i do know i heard this, years ago, but not sure how it is today. BUT i remember many years ago, it being on tv or whatever source, that Vietnamese children and teenagers and college students and maybe oriental children in general, that are moving here, so it may have been the years after vietnam as many came here. it was stated that these kids are coming here not knowing the language but learning the english language and then kicking the americans kids ass in mathematics and science, and maybe all types of education, as i said it was years ago. but i do believe it was true then . but as i said that was then, take care

Last edited by rosco 357 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

gypsy

gypsy
I agree Rosco, our Kids do need all the encouragement they can get,I think the downfall of our kids not applying them selves, now I don't mean all kids, can be blamed on parents who both work an not using more disciplinary,a lot of kids rule the roost in their home~~

SSC

SSC
Admin
Obviously you have not been involved in the mountains of homework sent home on a nightly basis, nor what is assigned on week-ends. Parents who are lucky enough to work are left with little choice but to be absent from the home. Many schools offer tutoring after school programs many free of charge. Public libraries offer free computers for research. I see some teachers so enthusiastic about education it is amazing and others who throw assignments on the board and leave the kids to figure it out.
If Obama had intended to pump up kids and challenge them to improve themselves thats great. I just wonder what had to be omitted from his speech . Obviously there was content that after careful consideration was not appropriate in context. Stick to the pep talk.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i actually think , if politics is kept out , that EVERY president should be expected to address the children of america on working hard and u can make a difference in how far u can go with a good education,

gypsy

gypsy
I agree again Rosco.. this last six months everything that has been done towards improvement has been a political game from the opposing party, an some from the democrats.

SSC

SSC
Admin
I agree both sides are coming out in concern and that is very strange to me .Is it people are so distrustful of Obama now that he is changing policy as he goes along. The confusion over health care, employment insecurity, tax insecurity. So many boiling pots and very few clear answers. This whole school issue could have been stopped with one simple copy of the speech issued to schools in advance.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum