You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

" i do think he should have made his speech as to what he will say known sooner so this whole silly mess could have been avoided,BUT in the world of politics maybe nothing is avoidable." /// ??? I don't get this. Publishing his planned remarks is exactly why there was such an uproar and why the White House changed the speech. Apparantly THEY didn't see this as "silly" at all. Assuming that Obama is some kind of "victim" of "politics as usual" is shortsighted. Just another stupid mistake on his part and one of many adding up.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
it was always said it would be released on labor day, so i posted it in a topic of its own. if i dont see someone else posted it, i dont understand ur post, there were things leaked i think but it was never published as he planned to do that on labor day.. i disagree with u,

rosco 357 wrote:it was always said it would be released on labor day, so i posted it in a topic of its own. if i dont see someone else posted it, i dont understand ur post, there were things leaked i think but it was never published as he planned to do that on labor day.. i disagree with u,
"Published" was probably incorrect...we'll never know. "Leaked" is more accurate,but if the text was leaked by WH staff, it's the same thing as publishing it. The important point is that if Obama didn't plan to say the things that were "leaked", there would have been no need to change anything. Like you,I think the whole thing has been overblown. I don't think Obama is trying to be "Big Brother", but this episode,in my humble opinion,illustrates a flaw in his reasoning. He may be adored and worshipped by liberals and his ascendency to power is an admirable accomplishment, but he is discovering that even he can't thrash about in the political china shop. Just like Jones' stupid remarks,they can't ascribe their own words to "myth and distortion". The Dems started the ugly when they crossed the line with Rush. They are, and will be,reaping the rewards of their own foolishness.

SSC

SSC
Admin
There was never any intention to publicize the speech until hundreds of thousands of parents began contacting schools , media and the WH. Only then and after hurried rewriting was it put on the WH site for parental review. Obama got a good lesson, do not speak to children with out parents approval.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i dont think i would have had a problem with say any of the first drafts, i dont know all that would have been in it, but i think by the conservative media things were blown up, only thing i knew was he had something about write something how to help ur president, not a problem for me, i think bush in his speech asked to write letters to ur president, but all this is things i just heard on tv in the last few days,so grain of salt, and really not that important.,the dems said things about bushes talk, but i heard on tv not to the degree the limbaughs, becks , and his crowd did, but enough. its really about helping children .the rest is just adult political bullshit on both sides, and so the world turns,

gypsy

gypsy
Very wise Post, Rosco.I agree on things being blown way out of proportion

SSC

SSC
Admin
Transparency one word that would have eliminated it all..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum