You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
Several bills would issue extra payments to the more than 50 million Social Security recipients, to make up for the lack of a cost-of-living increase next year. One bill would set the one-time payments at $250, matching the amount paid to Social Security recipients and railroad retirees as part of the stimulus package enacted in February.

The payments would cost about $14 billion and would be paid for by applying the Social Security payroll tax to incomes between $250,000 and $359,000 in 2010. Currently, payroll taxes apply only to the first $106,800 of a worker's income.

this is just part of a bill so i could give marc a friendly jab, but actually its about another stimulus, so if ur intersested here is the article and url to what all it encompasses.
______________________________________________________________________________________

as paul harvey said , here is the rest of the story..

Oct 8, 6:19 PM (ET)

By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20091008/D9B76AUO0.html

WASHINGTON (AP) - Confronted with big job losses and no sign the U.S. economy is ready to stand on its own, Democrats are working on a growing list of relief efforts, leaving for later how to pay for them, or whether even to bother.

Proposals include extending and perhaps expanding a popular tax credit for first-time home buyers, and creating a new credit for companies that add jobs. Taken together, the proposals look a lot like another economic stimulus package, though congressional leaders don't want to call it that.

Democratic leaders in Congress and the White House say they have no appetite for another big spending package that adds to the federal budget deficit, which hit a record $1.4 trillion for the budget year that ended last week.

But with unemployment reaching nearly 10 percent, many lawmakers are feeling pressure to act. Some of the proposals come from the Republicans' playbook and focus on tax cuts, even though they, too, would swell the deficit.

"We have to do something for the unemployed, politically and economically," said Rep. Charles Rangel, D-N.Y., chairman of the tax-writing Ways and Means Committee.

The House already has voted to extend unemployment benefits an additional 13 weeks for laid off workers in the 27 states where the jobless rate is 8.5 percent or above. Senate Democrats reached a deal Thursday to extend the benefits an additional 14 weeks in every state. Both proposals are paid for by extending a federal unemployment tax.

Also on the table: extending subsidies for laid-off workers to help them keep the health insurance their former employers provided, known as COBRA. The current program, which covers workers laid off through the end of the year, costs nearly $25 billion.

Congressional leaders haven't settled on the length of an extension, or how to pay for it.

Several bills would issue extra payments to the more than 50 million Social Security recipients, to make up for the lack of a cost-of-living increase next year. One bill would set the one-time payments at $250, matching the amount paid to Social Security recipients and railroad retirees as part of the stimulus package enacted in February.

The payments would cost about $14 billion and would be paid for by applying the Social Security payroll tax to incomes between $250,000 and $359,000 in 2010. Currently, payroll taxes apply only to the first $106,800 of a worker's income.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said she is also considering a Republican proposal to allow money-losing companies to use their losses to get refunds of taxes paid in the previous five years. Under current law, most companies can only use current losses to get refunds from the previous two years.

"The issue of a net operating loss carryback to five years rather than two is an idea that has some currency," Pelosi said.

Pelosi didn't offer specifics, but a similar proposal that was dropped from the first stimulus package had a cost of $19.5 billion.

Pelosi said she is also looking into extending and expanding a popular tax credit for first-time homebuyers. The credit, set to expire Dec. 1, allows first-time homebuyers to reduce their federal income taxes by 10 percent of the price of a home, up to a maximum of $8,000.

Pelosi said the credit could be expanded to people who already own homes, though she offered no details. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., has announced his support for extending the existing credit an additional six months.

"The question is, would that be just first-time homeowners or would you open it up to other purchasers of homes?" Pelosi said.

The program is scheduled to run for 11 months this year and cost a projected $6.6 billion. Extending or expanding the program would add to the costs.

Lawmakers are also working on proposals to award tax credits to companies that add jobs. Obama's economic team proposed a similar incentive during negotiations over the stimulus package enacted in February but the idea was abandoned amid questions over its implementation.

A proposal by Sen. Arlen Specter, D-Pa., would provide a $4,000 tax credit, to be paid out over two years, for each new employee. His office could not provide a cost estimate.

Pelosi said lawmakers need to hear from economists before settling on a package to create jobs. "What is it that we can afford? What works the fastest?" Pelosi said.

Rep. Dave Camp, D-Mich., the top Republican on the Ways and Means Committee, said: "The fact that they're putting forward all of these things is really an indication that the stimulus was a failure. It didn't work."

Congress passed a $787 billion economic stimulus package in February, providing tax cuts for individuals and businesses, relief for the unemployed, spending on infrastructure and aid to the states.

President Barack Obama and other Democrats are adamant the package has lessened the effects of the recession, saving jobs that would have otherwise been cut. Nevertheless, the unemployment rate rose to 9.8 percent in September, the highest since 1983. A total of 15.1 million people are unemployed, and 7.2 million jobs have been eliminated since the recession began in December 2007.

(This version CORRECTS cost of tax refunds for companies to $19.5 billion, not $35 billion.)

Wrong. I didn't bitch about missing my COLA increase but recognized the lack of any inflation this year. I did suggest this could be just a first step in eventually cutting SSA benefit amounts in order to provide Obamacare to everybody instead of just people who have worked and paid into the system. Perhaps,when you retire,and see all your past FICA contributions being used for purposes you would never have supported,you will take the issue a little more seriously. Maybe when you retire, Obamacare will be providing vetenairy services for people's pets. I don't need their $250; they can shove it up their ass. This stimulus thieving is revolting and is no different than the Emporer providing bread to the decadent and perverted Romans.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
sorry for the mistake all i really remembered was u saying u would get like 54 buck less than i imagine last year???i just assumed u were fussing, sorry,, i have followed this alot as my mom drew it when she retired and got ssi, and i would pay attention to the inflation rate and see how much raise she got..i dont see it as a way to end it, the inflation rate is what it is, i remember some years when it was low my mom would fuss, as she wanted the larger bump up, lol, the thing is something may raise or lower the inflation rate, and may not be something that actually effects u, i know one thing cant control it all but only a small piece of it,,i have worked places that the yearly raise was based on the inflation rate to a certain extent, take care,

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
oh one thing i forgot, gypsy told bush to stick that 600 buck stimulus check up his ass, but when i later confronted her about it, mum was the word, said she decided to use it for gas, hey dont send the 250 back send it to me, take care,

gypsy

gypsy
rosco 357 wrote:oh one thing i forgot, gypsy told bush to stick that 600 buck stimulus check up his ass, but when i later confronted her about it, mum was the word, said she decided to use it for gas, hey dont send the 250 back send it to me, take care,
Meemoon bitched about his social security not getting raised and nancy was listening, lmao 729264 well I was a bit pissed at Bush, thank God he is out of the picture/// Meemoon bitched about his social security not getting raised and nancy was listening, lmao 415675

gypsy

gypsy
ps ~ I thought it wise to grab the 600 bucks,since he lied about WMD,buy up some of that imported oil Very Happy

SSC

SSC
Admin
rosco 357 wrote:oh one thing i forgot, gypsy told bush to stick that 600 buck stimulus check up his ass, but when i later confronted her about it, mum was the word, said she decided to use it for gas, hey dont send the 250 back send it to me, take care,

This second stimulus package will never happen. The reports of this week had very low support to this plan..The cancellation of the cost of living increase is still on go...

gypsy

gypsy
gypsy wrote:ps ~ I thought it wise to grab the 600 bucks,since he lied about WMD,buy up some of that imported oil Very Happy
wasn't that private Scoe Meemoon bitched about his social security not getting raised and nancy was listening, lmao 440643

?????????????????? The Bush TARP bill had no stimulus money as I remember it. The later Stimulus bill provided $600 per wage earner, $300 per SSA recipient, and nothing to those receiveing SSI. The Bush TARP plan worked but the Democratic Stimulus plan has left us with 9.8% unemployment.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:
gypsy wrote:ps ~ I thought it wise to grab the 600 bucks,since he lied about WMD,buy up some of that imported oil Very Happy
wasn't that private Scoe Meemoon bitched about his social security not getting raised and nancy was listening, lmao 440643

u talking to me, ???? if so no that was on iyt ,,im sure u will stand by ur statement on that check, no big deal, besides ur was 1200 with jerrys was it not, ???

gypsy

gypsy
umm maybe on iyt,but I was thinking Buttermilk?? what is 1200?

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
meemoon wrote:
?????????????????? The Bush TARP bill had no stimulus money as I remember it. The later Stimulus bill provided $600 per wage earner, $300 per SSA recipient, and nothing to those receiveing SSI. The Bush TARP plan worked but the Democratic Stimulus plan has left us with 9.8% unemployment.

no mark i was talking about way back when bush sent back a 600 buck IRS rebate, 1200 for a couple , and 300 to ppl that did not even pay a tax, i got a 600 fed check,,.. this was like a year or less before obama but i actually forgot the time frame but it was before tyler sight was running.it was well before the stimulus, it was part of the Income tax rebate,

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:umm maybe on iyt,but I was thinking Buttermilk?? what is 1200?

a couple got 1200 bucks back, 600 was for singles as thats what i got, kids got 300, so a family of 4 got 1200 plus 600 for 2 kids, total 1800 bucks, i remember calling my nephews wife to tell her and she said she did not know if they would get anything since they are in a small business and bought a tri axle dump truck and took a lose and did not pay any tax,,,and had not in 5 years, thats the way businesses do, ur accountant calls and tells u to spend some money near the end of the year, u may have to show a profit every so many years i dont know, i know i worked with a man that had a farm he always took a lose, but said he had to show a profit and pay tax every 5 years he told me. my uncle that had the car dealership and dry cleaners , he bought many farms just for tax purposes, .. when u are in business there are many ways to get around taxes, i worked with a guy that had a friend in the lock smith business in another state, anyone that paid in cash the guy that did the work would come in and tell him he found this money in the parking lot...

gypsy

gypsy
gypsy wrote:umm maybe on iyt, I was thinking Buttermilk?? what is 1200?
no! not discussed on iyt
yes we used the 1200 for gas/other amenities/ on a fun trip.. an yes it was a private convo,u and I never discussed this on iyt,it was private or
Buttermilk

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:
gypsy wrote:umm maybe on iyt, I was thinking Buttermilk?? what is 1200?
no! not discussed on iyt
yes we used the 1200 for gas/other amenities/ on a fun trip.. an yes it was a private convo,u and I never discussed this on iyt,it was private or
Buttermilk

well it was about bush politics so i remember it as fair game, nothing to be ashamed about everyone got money ,, i know u did not want the money, lol, but changed when u got the check lol, but thats ok bush money spends just as good as anyone, i put mine in the bank and still have it,,, no big deal ,,

gypsy

gypsy
okay! just clearing the air//

" no mark i was talking about way back when bush sent back a 600 buck IRS rebate, 1200 for a couple..." /// Yer right. The Stimulus Bill only paid $250, but I think they gave that to anyone who had a SS#. Including a lotta dead people.

SSC

SSC
Admin
Meemoon bitched about his social security not getting raised and nancy was listening, lmao 440643 Wonder how many dead people gave it back ???

SSC wrote:Meemoon bitched about his social security not getting raised and nancy was listening, lmao 440643 Wonder how many dead people gave it back ???
I dunno, but dead voters usually vote Democratic.

gypsy

gypsy
Didn't look that way for 2009 prez!! lol!

SSC

SSC
Admin
LOL..I noticed that too Moon....that is where Obama's buddies at ACORN came in ... all the dead people they could register... Meemoon bitched about his social security not getting raised and nancy was listening, lmao 729264

gypsy

gypsy
umm Bush was appointed(supreme court) at least Obama was voted in

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum