Veteran
MY Words : just keep reading, i like the end half better,

Traditional Americans are losing their nation
BY :Patrick Buchanan

Posted: October 20, 2009
1:00 am Eastern

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=113463
© 2009

In the brief age of Obama, we have had "truthers," "birthers," tea party activists and town-hall dissenters.

Comes now, the "Oath Keepers." And who might they be?

Writes Alan Maimon in the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Oath Keepers, depending on where one stands, are "either strident defenders of liberty or dangerous peddlers of paranoia."

Formed in March, they are ex-military and police who repledge themselves to defend the Constitution, even if it means disobeying orders. If the U.S. government ordered law enforcement agencies to violate Second Amendment rights by disarming the people, Oath Keepers will not obey.

"The whole point of Oath Keepers is to stop a dictatorship from ever happening here," says founding father Stewart Rhodes, an ex-Army paratrooper and Yale-trained lawyer. "My focus is on the guys with the guns, because they can't do it without them.

"We say if the American people decide it's time for a revolution, we'll fight with you."

And if the Pelosi-Reid progressives went postal over town-hall protesters, calling them "un-American," "Nazis" and "evil-mongers," one can imagine what they will do with the Oath Keepers.

It's not too late to rescue the nation! Read how in "Save America Now! The New Revolution to Save Freedom and Liberty"

As with Jimmy Carter's long-range psychoanalysis of Joe Wilson, the reflexive reaction of the mainstream media will likely be that these are militia types, driven to irrationality because America has a black president.

Yet, the establishment's reaction seems more problematic for the republic than anything the Oath Keepers are up to. For our political and media elite seem to have lost touch with the nation and to be wedded to a vision of America divorced from reality.

Progressives are the folks who, in the 1960s, could easily understand that urban riots that took scores of lives and destroyed billions in property were an inevitable reaction to racism, poverty and despair. They could empathize with the rage of campus radicals who burned down the ROTC building and bombed the Pentagon.

The "dirty, immoral war in Vietnam" explains why the "finest generation we have ever produced" is behaving like this, they said. We must deal with the "root causes" of social disorder.

Yet, they cannot comprehend what would motivate Middle America to distrust its government, for it surely does, as Ron Brownstein reports in the National Journal:

"Whites are not only more anxious, but also more alienated. Big majorities of whites say the past year's turmoil has diminished their confidence in government, corporations and the financial industry. ... Asked which institution they trust most to make economic decisions in their interest, a plurality of whites older than 30 pick 'none' – a grim statement."

Is all this due to Obama's race?

Even Obama laughs at that. As he told David Letterman, I was already black by the time I was elected. And he not only got a higher share of the white vote than Kerry or Gore, a third of white voters, who said in August 2008 that race was an important consideration in voting, said they were going to vote for Obama.

With black voters going 24 to 1 for Obama, he almost surely won more votes than he lost because of his race.

Moreover, the alienation and radicalization of white America began long before Obama arrived. He acknowledged as much when he explained Middle Pennsylvanians to puzzled progressives in that closed-door meeting in San Francisco.

Referring to the white working-class voters in the industrial towns decimated by job losses, Obama said: "They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Yet, we had seen these folks before. They were Perotistas in 1992, opposed NAFTA in 1993 and blocked the Bush-Kennedy McCain amnesty in 2007.

In their lifetimes, they have seen their Christian faith purged from schools their taxes paid for, and mocked in movies and on TV. They have seen their factories shuttered in the thousands and their jobs outsourced in the millions to Mexico and China. They have seen trillions of tax dollars go for Great Society programs, but have seen no Great Society, only rising crime, illegitimacy, drug use and dropout rates.

They watch on cable TV as illegal aliens walk into their country, are rewarded with free educations and health care and take jobs at lower pay than American families can live on – then carry Mexican flags in American cities and demand U.S. citizenship.

They see Wall Street banks bailed out as they sweat their next paycheck, then read that bank profits are soaring, and the big bonuses for the brilliant bankers are back. Neither they nor their kids ever benefited from affirmative action, unlike Barack and Michelle Obama.

They see a government in Washington that cannot balance its books, win our wars or protect our borders. The government shovels out trillions to Fortune 500 corporations and banks to rescue the country from a crisis created by the government and Fortune 500 corporations and banks.

America was once their country. They sense they are losing it. And they are right.

gypsy

gypsy
I disagree, especially since it came from Pat Buchanan//

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:I disagree, especially since it came from Pat Buchanan//

there is not a thing in that article that is not true or happening, i hear the same thing from ppl everyday in casual talk,,, so dont blame the messenger, its so simple to see how we are losing america,, it made perfect since to me,

SSC

SSC
Admin
Traditional Americans are losing their nation 592180 Very good post Rosco, I agree it doesn't matter who writes the article it is the contents that matters and in this case it is right on the money..

5Traditional Americans are losing their nation Empty another exerpt on Pats thoughts Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:45 pm

gypsy

gypsy
http://heave-ho.org/news/pat-buchanan-worries-the-white-people-are-losing-their-america-like-always

Pat Buchanan Worries The White People Are Losing Their America, Like Always

Author: The Huffington Post News Editors
Listen to this article. Powered by Odiogo.com

Pat Buchanan has a post up today on WorldnetDaily, about the “Oath Keepers,” the latest strain of extremist nimrods who have lost their minds over the fact that a candidate they don’t like won an election, in America. Just who the hell are these people? As Buchanan describes them, the “Oath Keepers” are “ex-military and police who repledge themselves to defend the Constitution, even if it means disobeying orders.” “If the U.S.

Read the original post:
Pat Buchanan Worries The White People Are Losing Their America, Like Always

the orginal >>

It's actually possible to read the first eight or so paragraphlets of Buchanan's piece without having any idea that he's doing anything other than making fun of the Oath Keepers. He compares them to the 9-11 Truthers and Orly Taitzy "Birthers," and seems to wryly note that Oath Keeper founder Stewart Rhodes is "destined for cable stardom." But then you glance back at the headline of the post -- "Traditional Americans are losing their nation" -- and read on, and the thrust of Buchanan's piece is pretty clear: SOMEONE NEEDS TO SAVE THE WHITE PEOPLE, WITH GUNS!

Referring to the white working-class voters in the industrial towns decimated by job losses, Obama said: "They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

Yet, we had seen these folks before. They were Perotistas in 1992, opposed NAFTA in 1993 and blocked the Bush-Kennedy McCain amnesty in 2007.

And now, they will be gunning people down, maybe, in the streets?

There is just no issue of the day that Buchanan cannot torture and wedge into his race-obsessed hole:

They see Wall Street banks bailed out as they sweat their next paycheck, then read that bank profits are soaring, and the big bonuses for the brilliant bankers are back. Neither they nor their kids ever benefited from affirmative action, unlike Barack and Michelle Obama.

Exactly. Why did the government step in to give billions of taxpayer dollars to Wall Street banks? Because of their blackness.

Anyhow, that's today's offering from MSNBC's veteran political pundit!

Oath Keepers: How is a vow to uphold the Constitution a 'threat'?

FAQ: Comments and ModerationFAQ: HuffPost Accounts

Pat may have reached the stage in life where rigid turns into fossilized.
Reply Favorite Flag as abusive Posted 11:48 AM on 10/21/2009

Unfortunately, Pat Buchanan does serve a warped purpose. There are several million middle-aged and elderly white Christians who DO see their country "being taken from them". They have no sense of history, let alone a true sense of righteousness or a moral compass that would inform them of the wrongs leveled against women and non-whites in our country's history.

Buchanan is one of those "recycled" white men, who was attached to both Nixon and Reagan (and even argued that Reagan's was an "imperial" presidency), and who keeps being trotted out to maintain an illusion of opposition, not to the Democrats, per se, but in opposition to a changing ethnic and religious landscape. I vividly recall Buchanan's speech at the 1992 Republican convention and his "cultural values" speech which implored white America to "take back our country, take back our culture". He fits right in with the current crop of right-wing lunatics.

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/20/pat-buchanan-worries-the_n_327758.html

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:Traditional Americans are losing their nation 592180 Very good post Rosco, I agree it doesn't matter who writes the article it is the contents that matters and in this case it is right on the money..

exactly,, its easy to see,it does not take a rocket scientist to see whats happening , and its the mindset of all the ppl at my work, and others i talk to. i have always tryed to look at both sides, and be fair, but the post as u said i posted it right on the money,,

gypsy

gypsy
exactly? easy to see? not from my standpoint,an most people I talk with don't agree with
Pats fear mongering,about us losing our country? it is his own personal fear
of course he worded the article Traditional Americans//Now who would that be?

of Course Native Americans, legal born or citizen ships passed An all of us who fight/believe this country is the greatest place to live,other countries may have the same thoughts on their country also..

the losers?? are those like Pat Buchanan who live on hate/fear an prejudice.

we lose this country by being divided~ we need to stand for unity,an work together
the type of article Pat put in my opinion is just that causing a divide an fear.. we have had enough of that~ we need hope.working together an love~ for people.
we have lost the neighbor/brother effect//
just my grains of salt~ A bit of wisdom? maybe //u decide:):

gypsy

gypsy
Now the Good side of Pat Buchanan
there is always a good/bad side to everyone
plus I may have been a bit harsh on the ole Boy LOL

Buchanan on GOP and Fox linking Obama to Nixon: ‘It is the most idiotic comparison I’ve ever seen.’

Taking cues from their communications shop over at Fox News, GOP Sens. Lamar Alexander (R-TN) and Judd Gregg (R-NH) yesterday attacked the White House’s campaign against Fox’s unethical journalistic practices by comparing President Obama to President Nixon. “Let’s not start calling people out and compiling an enemies list,” Alexander said, touting his days as a junior staffer in the Nixon White House as credentials for his charge. Gregg said he was “fascinated” by Alexander’s criticism and wondered if Obama is “Nixon-fying” the White House. But yesterday on MSNBC, top Nixon aide Pat Buchanan dismissed out-of-hand any comparison of Obama to Nixon:

BUCHANAN: It is the most idiotic comparison I’ve ever seen. Barack Obama won 95 percent of Washington DC, he comes in with both houses Congress behind him, the media love him, the country loves him. Nixon came in with both houses of Congress against him, he probably got 8 percent of the vote in Washington DC, the media loathed him. … I don’t see any comparison between Obama and Nixon whatsoever. … [T]here’s no comparison. Barack Obama’s got enormous press support, he’s got problems with Fox News but for heaven’s sakes there is no comparison here.

“I also have to laugh,” liberal talk radio host Bill Press said during the segment. “When two Republicans want to hurt a Democrat, what do they do? They compare him to another Republican. It’s crazy.”

Via ThinkProgress, here's video of Pat Buchanan reacting to the comparisons made by Senators Lamar Alexander and Judd Gregg between the Obama White House and the Nixon White House. Pat Buchanan, who was a close confidant of Nixon, scoffed at the idea, calling it "idiotic," because, duh, Nixon was a historically unlovable bastard-creature, who left trails of foul-smelling ichor all over the Oval Office, like a slug. And no one liked Nixon, except for the "Perotistas, and what you might call the tea-party folk" who loved him immensely. Irony!

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/22/pat-buchanans-disagrees-w_n_330613.html

SSC

SSC
Admin
Rosco, as I see it Obama won on a divided vote , his popularity is crashing fast due to his inability to make decisions and now his bashing of Fox, the WH is making a total fool of themselves to try and alienate the media, to the point the other news medias are calling for the WH to include Fox in the round robin coverage.. Dunn's husband it going to get a fancy job in the WH to be announced very soon..Amazing how her most impressive people to her are Mao, and Mother Theresa..what is she thinking Mao is a murder..fine WH rep. for sure..The sickness is spreading and as rapidly the discontent is snowballing, Obama couldn't win a piece of bubble gum right now. I hear the same tones of discontent as you are hearing, people are sick of the confusion and political suicide. Obama has accomplished only one thing to repulse this nation and divide it even more.

gypsy

gypsy
taking this from Roscos first post

NO! we will never lose our place//the true lovers of America, and what she stands for//we will fight to the end/war mongersfear mongers,,hate filled liars, peddlers of untruth,will never win
be it Republican, or Democrat
We the people ,fighting for the just/poor an downtrodden, will prvail! forever!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum