You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1just my opinion Empty just my opinion Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:58 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i have posted this kinda post once before, but would like to restate it., i have never posted a blog,
BUT, many places i get new articles from. under the legit news article it has a place for , ppls opinions, so even if its a legit news sight, but has a place for ppl opinions about the above new article. it usually has the word blog in the url, BUT that does not mean it is a blog sight, just a news sight that , has a place for ppl to voice opinions.. i see more and more new sights doing this, i thing its to up the amount of readers to the sight. and bring in more ppl, but just because the word blog is in the url does not make the original new article any less factual, i predict u will see more and more new sights going to this to gain market share, in hits on the news sights, so dont dismiss a news article if the word blog is in the url.its the coming thing i believe, to have a place to discuss a legit new article, if in doubt just do the url and read the news article .

2just my opinion Empty Re: just my opinion Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:45 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I have followed several posts with the word blog in the URL here, and they were just that a blog, some were linked to news sites as opinions aka blogs, but the majority were just plain blogs and of very little importance in the projecting of bonified news reporting..Opinions are like assholes everyone has one...

3just my opinion Empty Re: just my opinion Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:18 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
There is a big difference between News and Blogs, the biggest difference being is reporting the News as factual info, and to the counter, Blogs being influenced (as expected) with opinion. Blogs=Opinion - Major News Reports= Fact.

I know that's not a revelation to anyone, but its the dividing line between Fact and Opinion.

Its kinda what I been saying all along, about News broadcasters and Networks.. (shows, ratings.. etc).

4just my opinion Empty Re: just my opinion Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:29 am

gypsy

gypsy
very true//I agree,so who delivers news fact, not opinion?
I think who delivers straight news,is there any? with no opinion?
my thoughts// straight newas/abc/cbs/nbc/ cnn~~!

5just my opinion Empty Re: just my opinion Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:41 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
runawayhorses wrote:There is a big difference between News and Blogs, the biggest difference being is reporting the News as factual info, and to the counter, Blogs being influenced (as expected) with opinion. Blogs=Opinion - Major News Reports= Fact.

I know that's not a revelation to anyone, but its the dividing line between Fact and Opinion.

Its kinda what I been saying all along, about News broadcasters and Networks.. (shows, ratings.. etc).

Very true Tyler, all networks of course need ratings , but in searching for articles to post it is very obvious what is news and what are blogs..not a hard thing to figure out .News-Blogs-Opinions--easy options to chose from...
It is refreshing to see ALL the networks to come to the rescue of Fox versus the kindergarden White House over the pay czars interview..I do believe the WH got some act right on that little snafu..

6just my opinion Empty Re: just my opinion Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:18 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well i dont think i can explain its any better than i did before, i dont post blogs and never been to one but have under a legit news article i have started to notice many news sights offer a opinion place ppl can talk about the above news article, but the new article they are giving opinions on is a real thing in the news, its easy they have a regular news article , but down the page it has a place to post opinions on the article, but by doing that the word blog will be in the url, next time i post a news article i will point this out if it is from a news sight that has an opinion place, HENCE blog, as i said i think more and more news sights will offer this feature to gain market share, i have never gone to a pure blog sight , but have many times posted news articles that have that feature, the new article will be fact, and the place u can post opinions about the article are just that opinions, i have no problem understanding a real news article from a blog, im trying to remember i think i posted a while back a news article from ABC news, and it had a place on the sight to post opinions on the article they had, but when it has that option all im saying it usually has the word blog in the url but its a news sight not a blog sight,
actually its no different than what we do here we read a posted news article then we give opinions on it, i get all my articles from one place that offers only the latest news from many news sights, some say developing and will not let me open it yet till it is done,, and i pick the ones of interest to me, but if i post one that has blog in the url , click the url and see what i mean,,, i did not mean i was lost about facts and blogs,i think i have that covered, lol, but i think its the coming thing as news sight fight for market share, to offer that option,,

7just my opinion Empty Re: just my opinion Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:30 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I agree rosco, wasn't countering your opinion or position. I understand what you're saying.

I truly believe real news is reported by all the major news networks, they also have their shows, and on their websites "Blogs" where people can express their opinions, just like what we do here. Should someone copy and paste my opinions and present them as news (facts) on another site?, no of course not, especially if I'm talking politics..lmao

8just my opinion Empty Re: just my opinion Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:01 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:very true//I agree,so who delivers news fact, not opinion?
I think who delivers straight news,is there any? with no opinion?
my thoughts// straight newas/abc/cbs/nbc/ cnn~~!

u posted ABC , well i have posted news articles from ABC , but on the ABC sight it had a place usually well below the article, that lets u give opinions about the factual article, but it in no way takes away from the factual news article.. and ofcourse i may post articles from like peggy noonan well that would be an opinion, she may uses facts in her opinion, but its her opinion, but this is easy stuff, its not rocket science,

9just my opinion Empty Re: just my opinion Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:12 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Whats with all the "opinion vs facts" crap about? Just post a freakin' article and be done with it... lmao

Why all the concern about what is news and someones opinion, who cares??

All this forum is about is OPINIONS!!!

10just my opinion Empty Re: just my opinion Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:22 pm

gypsy

gypsy
haha good one Tyler, I agree~ it is conversation starters,I think.
I don't agree with everything article I post. I think Rosco has stated that here before also.I agree with him there also`

11just my opinion Empty Re: just my opinion Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:32 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Whatever, just speak your freakin' mind, post articles when you want, it doesn't matter, just express yourself in any fashion that is most comfortable to you. period.

12just my opinion Empty Re: just my opinion Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:32 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
runawayhorses wrote:Whats with all the "opinion vs facts" crap about? Just post a freakin' article and be done with it... lmao

Why all the concern about what is news and someones opinion, who cares??

All this forum is about is OPINIONS!!!
I should have been more clear about the most important thing that this forum is truly about, I really missed the target on my last post which I quoted to make it obvious, and that's this: its to have fun, enjoy yourself. That's really the whole point to all of this, isn't it? just my opinion 67629

13just my opinion Empty Re: just my opinion Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:11 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I am having great fun~~A Hootenanny !!! YeHAW!!

14just my opinion Empty Re: just my opinion Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:11 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
im so happy for u, but what does this have to do with this topic, are u lost on the boards or is that thing ur having serving drinks, lol, u baffle me

15just my opinion Empty Re: just my opinion Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:18 pm

gypsy

gypsy
nope my mind is intact//just having fun as suggested,ur opinion/mine/ whatever//is there a problem Rosco?I think your lost read back,or should I quote?

16just my opinion Empty Re: just my opinion Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:26 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
damn straight there is a problem , make ur own topic to have fun on, i posted this topic, make ur own
topic for that stupid shit,

17just my opinion Empty Re: just my opinion Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:33 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I think it was suggested we have fun period,all have freedom to post what we want,or have fun doing/remember temper loses!!

18just my opinion Empty Re: just my opinion Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:47 pm

gypsy

gypsy
rosco 357 wrote:damn straight there is a problem , make ur own topic to have fun on, i posted this topic, make ur own
topic for that stupid shit,
Duh the topic was opinion
This is funny Rosco~ what is your problem?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum