You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fried Catfish Empty Fried Catfish Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:04 pm

gypsy

gypsy
baked potato,slaw and onion for supper Yum~oh~ hush puppies to:)

2Fried Catfish Empty Re: Fried Catfish Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:55 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Now that is one fine meal. I love all of that with the exception of cole slaw. I don't like cole slaw. Its been awhile but I'll have to make that soon now that you mentioned it.. Very Happy

Got my new electric skillet so I'm good to go.

3Fried Catfish Empty Re: Fried Catfish Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:11 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I love fish of all kinds~ your electric skillet will cook it good~ is it the mayo in slaw or cabbage you don't like Tyler?
I am cooking a pot of Tater soup for lunch,with cornbread~yummmy yum/!!

4Fried Catfish Empty Re: Fried Catfish Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:35 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:I love fish of all kinds~ your electric skillet will cook it good~ is it the mayo in slaw or cabbage you don't like Tyler?
I am cooking a pot of Tater soup for lunch,with cornbread~yummmy yum/!!
That sounds like a good lunch.

Well its the cabbage I don't like. I love Mayo, I put it on everything, Hamburgers, ham sandwiches, Hotdogs,,etc.

I learned about 3 months ago that Canadians put Mayo on everything too..lmao I didn't know that. My Mom was born in Indiana and raised in Michigan, so maybe the Canadian influence of Mayo came into play from that. My Mom always used Mayo when I was a little boy. Put in on all sandwiches. So now I always use it. I make tunafish sandwiches with mayo. add it to many different things. I like Hellmann's brand the best.

So the point is, if I move to Canada, and someone invites me to lunch, I'll be eating good still.. Fried Catfish 503179

The thing is, they eat exactly the sames things we do in the US. No difference at all. I live with a lot of Canadians in my neighborhood. Next door to me across the street and to the right of my house and basically all thru our neborhood are Canadians. They come down in the winter, and some live here full time year around. They have brought us food when my Dad died and it was great. Very kind people. One lady baked us a cake, another lady made us spaghetti and meat balls with garlic bread. All was fantastic.

If you havent figured it out yet, its a retirement community I live in. A gated community that you have a have a password to get thru the gate. We have a community room (its big) with dinners where everyone brings something on special occasions. Sometimes it's hambergers on the grill other nights its spaghetti night, I moved here with my Dad, now I own it. They have these dinners every few months. There is also a heated pool, spa, and shuffleboard court..lol Also a workshop and many other things. Itsa very nice enviorment. I plan on staying here. I have said in a humorious way to friends sometimes, that when I get old I don't have to move anywhere, I'm already here.. Fried Catfish 440643

You have to be 55 or older to live here, so since I moved here with my Dad and that now I own the house, I at (48 years old) was grandfathered in, so I get to stay.

5Fried Catfish Empty Re: Fried Catfish Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:43 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Jerr's brother and his wife live in a retirement development,in Oklahoma, beautiful homes and very secure..
well lunch changed, we had breakfast instead so potato soup will be supper..

I love hearing about others lifestyles. I am a people person :)

I have never met a Canadian I didn't like, extra nice people~ they are: and their lifestyles very like our own~

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum