You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well i bought a car that gets twice as much gas milage, several guys at work just bought motorcycles, and drive every pretty day, i also try to plan on stops coming home from work. i have no problem with drilling in anwar, take a picture of the damn place that i have never even seen then drill like hell, lol, but it will be 7 to 10 years if we started now. when we conserved during the embargo when i think jimmy carter was pres. but not sure, we started working on ideas, but then the oil was turned back on, and all the ways to find other fuels faded away, i dont understand why they dont use the shale rock in the west, why they will not drill off the atlantic shelf, and anwar, well just started this if anyone is doing anything special, gas here as of today 6-11-08 was 3.85 a gallon, mays or anyone what is it in europe now?? is it as big a new item in europe as in america?? just wondering, take care,

SSC

SSC
Admin
In Louisiana in my area it is $3.96, the company I work for just put into action 4- 10 hr. days instead of 5-8 hr. days...I plot my course trying to do as many errands on one day as possible.
It is not only gas, the price of groceries is going off the roof, bargin hunting is now a way of life. Doubled the size of my garden to have more to can this year.

gypsy

gypsy
I am trying to do all errands once a week, cut out any unnecessary trips

stockpiling groceries, canned goods, and also doubled our garden,,using the internet for some shopping, and bill paying~using mail service more/..

car pooling more, than usual..

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
yes well i do not have a garden, but i heard on the news ppl may have like victory gardens like i think they had in WWII . so doubling ur garden is about the same thing, if gardens grew pizzas i might have planted, lol..

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:In Louisiana in my area it is $3.96, the company I work for just put into action 4- 10 hr. days instead of 5-8 hr. days...I plot my course trying to do as many errands on one day as possible.
It is not only gas, the price of groceries is going off the roof, bargin hunting is now a way of life. Doubled the size of my garden to have more to can this year.

well where i work they have so many shifts, they have 4 10 hour shifts, but im on 5 8 hour days, the 4 10s are called A shift,which is days, and B shift 4:30pm till whenever, , they also have c shift which is friday , sat, sunday. those 3 weekend days, they are 12 hour shift, 36 hrs but u get paid for 42 hours because its the weekend, but we have so much work , shift now dont count, we all work like 6 days a week, even the weekend ppl come in during the week some days, tons of overtime, i would like , 4 tens, but they would have me working the other days anyway, because we have more work than ever, they are telling us.. even who we sell to are complaining we are not getting enough product to them, they are interviewing machinist, the last batch they interviewed only one passed the written test, the one that did made only 72 but they checked and he had a history they said, so he did not get hired, i could stay over every day, , he wants me to , but i dont unless i have to. but even one hour over a day, would take care of gas, but i usually want to get out of there, take care

If you weren't aware of my brilliance, I should point out that I posted a few weeks ago, before all these adaptive behaviors, that the shit has hit the fan. OK, so I'm not brilliant and we all know that. But I can read the writing on the wall. The kid who owns the ball (oil) wants to go home. He wants to be able to name who gets on the team, and he (the arabs) hates our guts. Roscoe, our biggest "foreign" source for crude is Canada. They are extracting this from oil sands in Alberta. We like to kid the canuks, but they are a very bright,energetic, and enterprising nation. 7-10 years? You betcha, but tomorrow is better than never. We need to get on the STICK now. We need,in my opinion, to get off our collective asses and use less gas (we are beginning to) and invest in alternative fuel sources. Bush, and the Repubs, have initiated the ethanol subsidies program and have jacked the price of corn. CORN? Hey, dumbass, we need that corn! We seem to be flirting with profound economic adjustments that require forceful action, not bullshit vote buying boondoggles. The price of oil may dip a bit, but it will NEVER be cheap again. Never.

SSC

SSC
Admin
The price of a bushel of corn is $7.03 as of the close of the market today and with the flooding in the mid-west, it will be our next golden commodity.
Of course the ethanol fuel isn't without questions, since farmers are running out knocking down all the trees to make way for corn fields, now the solution itself is becoming the problem.

SSC

SSC
Admin
rosco 357 wrote:

well where i work they have so many shifts, they have 4 10 hour shifts, but im on 5 8 hour days, the 4 10s are called A shift,which is days, and B shift 4:30pm till whenever, , they also have c shift which is friday , sat, sunday. those 3 weekend days, they are 12 hour shift, 36 hrs but u get paid for 42 hours because its the weekend, but we have so much work , shift now dont count, we all work like 6 days a week, even the weekend ppl come in during the week some days, tons of overtime, i would like , 4 tens, but they would have me working the other days anyway, because we have more work than ever, they are telling us.. even who we sell to are complaining we are not getting enough product to them, they are interviewing machinist, the last batch they interviewed only one passed the written test, the one that did made only 72 but they checked and he had a history they said, so he did not get hired, i could stay over every day, , he wants me to , but i dont unless i have to. but even one hour over a day, would take care of gas, but i usually want to get out of there, take care

In cases like yours you are in a catch-22 , at least you are getting the overtime

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
hi marc i just heard Newt G, on fox, i wish i could remember all he said, one thing was dump half the oil reserves on the market now, because the oil is being bought up by speculators. and this will drive the price down and hurt them so says newt, second,he said drilling off the coast is not bad, that it even brings in good fishing and i think helps build coral reef, but not sure on coral reefs, but think so,and during katrina not one oil rig leaked a drop. he said other countrys that are more green than the usa, on the enviroment are drilling in places we will not, and the main thing, he said we have 3 time the oil of saudi arabia, in shale rock in the rockies, he said not to get it from any national park or close, but the rockies are hugh, and we have great technology now than 20 years ago on extracting the oil from the shale rock, something about heating it in place, last, it funny, my nephew has won welding contest, in highschool and won alabama, as a highschool student, and came in 9th in the nationals in kansas city, but was mixed with college students on that, mig , tig, stainless steel, pipe , he is in college now, and in the teamsters union and they send him to work usually at the power steam plant if he is out of school a few days, well i say all this because he just told me that now it is econmically profitable to get out from the oil sands or tar sands, not sure what term he used, but he said one problem is they need welders up there big time, not sure where he got his info, but he is still taking welding in college, amoung regular subjects, he came in second in state in college students lost first by 2 points,he had 3 companies after the judging offer him a job,, he is young and is going to get a new 5th wheel camper and his friend is in the teamsters welding union also, so they while young want to go out of state and weld, trust me its big bucks, married men want a job at home, i forget what the perdeum is but alot, he has a truck to pull what he wants, a ford turbo diesel, he put a new puter chip in and all that fancy air intake stuff, and it halls ass,, rather than a motel, they will find a campground close and stay in the 5th wheel, his brother just got a new one and leaves is at the gulf in storage and calls ahead to have it put out in a campsight, oh well im rambling, mainly wanted to tell u about newt on oreilly, on fox, and his ideas, and what my nephew said about canada hurting for workers and welders.. i imagine he heard this though the teamsters,

Last edited by rosco 357 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
DICK MORRIS is on hannity and colmes, and says oil by demand should only be about 70 bucks a barrel, the reason its as high as it is, is because of the speculators , like goldman sacks , buying lots of oil on the commodities market., that the big price increase is because of paper, not what oil we use,

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
marc and ssc, U know the DEMOCRATES will never approve drilling in anwar, or the shale rock in the rockys, wish obama would suck on my tail pipe,

rosco 357 wrote:DICK MORRIS is on hannity and colmes, and says oil by demand should only be about 70 bucks a barrel, the reason its as high as it is, is because of the speculators , like goldman sacks , buying lots of oil on the commodities market., that the big price increase is because of paper, not what oil we use,
At a very early age, I determined that commodity traders are parasites. They make profits based on how much the poorest of us can/cannot eat. When you see an undernourished child, think of the commodities trader who made a fortune by bidding the price of that child's rice or cereal beyond his parents ability to pay for it. This is why communists won't disappear. They got this right.

meemoon wrote:
rosco 357 wrote:DICK MORRIS is on hannity and colmes, and says oil by demand should only be about 70 bucks a barrel, the reason its as high as it is, is because of the speculators , like goldman sacks , buying lots of oil on the commodities market., that the big price increase is because of paper, not what oil we use,
At a very early age, I determined that commodity traders are parasites. They make profits based on how much the poorest of us can/cannot eat. When you see an undernourished child, think of the commodities trader who made a fortune by bidding the price of that child's rice or cereal beyond his parents ability to pay for it. This is why communists won't disappear. They got this right.

The problem is, that "John with the cap" always fishes behind the net.

SSC

SSC
Admin
ok did I miss something here ??

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:ok did I miss something here ??

lol, i think we both did, but i dont care, lol.. hi ssc, how is it going in ur neck of the woods these days,, things improving down yonder,, about katrina

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:The price of a bushel of corn is $7.03 as of the close of the market today and with the flooding in the mid-west, it will be our next golden commodity.
Of course the ethanol fuel isn't without questions, since farmers are running out knocking down all the trees to make way for corn fields, now the solution itself is becoming the problem.

yes this has happened before, feed goes up, so cattlemen sell more cattle for slaughter, so price of beef goes down. then after that there is a shortage of beef so it goes up, but i dont buy beef anyways,

gypsy

gypsy
Rosco the price of corn is up because of the oil alternative~ just because you don't buy beef , doesn't mean others don't~ what about all those burgers you eat,from fast food restaurants?

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
duh? i just assumed u knew that i know why corn is high, so i did not go into detail. as ssc wrote, all i was saying is high corn causes low priced beef then it reverses to high price beef,which has happened years ago. there are other things besides corn that may be used. they are working on, but they too may fall prey to shortage,
UHH my cheese burgers are still on wednesday 69 cents, lol, i usually buy 8 and freeze them and take one a day to work, lol, wednesday and sunday are 69 cent day at rallys i think checkers is the same company,, if u have any of those, there will be like ssc said more corn grown than normal,, but the floods may play a part also in the high prices on corn,, i was just comenenting, light hearted, nothing serious. And yes gypsy, i do realize other ppl than me eat beef, u know that is why grocery stores have those coolers full of beef for sale, for those other ppl u mentioned . i had that part figured out.,,,lmao

gypsy

gypsy
Ahh Brilliant Rosco~ Duh!!LOL
no,I didn't assume what u meant,or think..
ethanol is what has driven corn prices so high

Last edited by gypsy on Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:Duh!!how would I assume what u knew? or meant?
Rosco ,the subject was about more corn being planted, not for food, for ethanol.. LOL

good lord women. everyone knows ethanol is coming from corn mainly,, and just above ur post ssc wrote on it, and is the reason corn is higher and is why the cattlemen are selling off cattle because, corn is high because of the use for fuel, , geeze, read ssc post, this is nothing new, they have used corn for ethanol for a long time , but not to the degree they have now. ppl years ago said not to buy gas with ethenol because it causes ur hoses on ur cars engine to harden, more corn is being planted for fuel but also it goes hand in hand for feed for cattle, also. its being increased for both, but ethanol is the main reason,but more corn they are trying to keep the cattlemen happy also,, they started useing corn for ethanol during the oil embargo, i think when carter was in office, but i may be off a few years, I KNOW THEY INCREASE IT FOR ETHANOL, AND SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE, LOL

gypsy

gypsy
ssc didn't mention beef or cattle~~or selling cattle.. now end of subject night~

gypsy

gypsy
oops.. one more thing most farmers grow their feed/corn,hay themselves~ for their cattle livestock..
or they do here..

the farmers are planting more corn,here for sole purpose of selling it for ethanol

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
im not talking about 5 cows in ur back yard, lol,, im talking about the huge cattle farms out west,with thousands of cows, that buy cattle feed, that cant afford it now, because it went up because it being sold for ethanol, i agree, they are selling corn for ethanol and planting more for ethanol, but it still leave a shortage for large cattlemen out west ,i just said the cattle part because it was on the tv news, about ethenol hurting the cattlemen and have them pissed off and selling off their cattle, but i did not mean that new corn was not being planted ethanol,

gypsy

gypsy
did i say five cows in back yard? no ..LOL
we at one time had 300 hundred head, i know that isn't as big as texas cattle ranches~and most farmers here who are in the cattle business don't have just five in the back yard.i
isn't the price of cattle down? if it is, I wouldn't sell them not during the summer because they can graze on pasture and hay
we stored our corn in bins, for cattle and waiting till price went up, before selling~

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:The price of a bushel of corn is $7.03 as of the close of the market today and with the flooding in the mid-west, it will be our next golden commodity.

i ment this, and its about ethanol making room for more corn, i added the part about cattle feed being in shortage because corn growers are selling it for ethanol , because it was on the TV NEWS< i can add news items, also a tv new item is they are working on a sugar based ethenol that is more potent than corn based ethenol, but i use sweet and low so go ahead i say, lollll, tounge in cheek,

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum