You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Google Maps U.K. Empty Google Maps U.K. Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:36 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
I am looking on Goole Maps for

105 Norman Place Road Coventry, Warwickshire. Where I was born. Post Code ...CV6 2
I can pinpoint the road and location.

But cannot find the actual house...I found 115 a door number on the wall and some wheelie bins have numbers on them.

The Even numbers are on one side of the road and odd numbers on the other.

Any help would be appreciated from an avid Family Tree searcher.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

2Google Maps U.K. Empty Re: Google Maps U.K. Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:25 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Here it is I believe. Does it look the same? I took 3 screenshots from Google Earth. I have the Google Earth program downloaded on my computer. I can make more if you like.

Top View

Google Maps U.K. House

Closeup Front View

Google Maps U.K. House2

House View

Google Maps U.K. House3

3Google Maps U.K. Empty House found thank you Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:49 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Hello Tyler
I have found the exact house. I do have the old Google Earth on my computer from when it first came out.
Not updated yet. Apparently it does NOT show the exact house number only an aproximation

It is the house with the hanging basket outside ..second house from the alley....I know this because I have a photo taken during the war years with the blackouts at the windows.

What I did was find the house with number 115 plaque on the wall and counted back down from that.

The Bricks are the same (Two different colours) also small windows at the top are the same coloured leaded lights. The white Lintel decoration above front door. The house has not changed.
Must have been built in the 1930's just before the war. It was Rented.

Brother tried to find house when he was alive and said it was not their anymore....but it seems that he was not correct.

I have saved the pics you took thank you.

Google Earth must be shots taken from a plane.. I could not get a face on view like you. But Brian did somehow.

Google MAPS is a mystery to me..pics taken from a car. Is it free to download or what?

4Google Maps U.K. Empty Re: Google Maps U.K. Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:31 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
You're welcome glad I nailed it and got the right house. It looks nice and obviously kept up well after all these years.

Yeah Google Earth is a free program. You should uninstall the old program you have now and download the latest version. After that it will self update automatically.

I don't use Google maps just the Google Earth program. It has a flight simulator among other things. You can fly single pilot jets anywhere in the world. Take off from many different airports around the world, etc. You can also fly a single engine plane. Lots a features with Google Earth. I have flown from New York to England before. You have to be careful and it takes practice to fly the jets and planes, you can easily crash. You just have to practice it. It tells you your altitude and speed displayed on the screen and other technical stuff.

Google Earth gets there images from Satellites and aerial photographs taken by airplanes.

Heres the download link:

http://www.google.com/earth/index.html#utm_campaign=en&utm_medium=ha&utm_source=en-ha-na-us-bk-eargen&utm_term=google%20earth

5Google Maps U.K. Empty Re: Google Maps U.K. Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:15 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran

Google Earth
Build Date
5/17/2011
Build Time
2:19:09 am
Renderer
OpenGL
Operating System
Microsoft Windows (5.1.2600.3)
Video Driver
ATI Technologies Inc. (00006.00014.00010.06561)
Max Texture Size
2048x2048
Server
kh.google.com

Hi Tyler I think I have downloaded the latest.
But I can't get the close ups (face on to the building) like you...Trying to click the right boxes.
Can't find the plane with controls like alt meter....
flight simulator

6Google Maps U.K. Empty Re: Google Maps U.K. Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:19 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Hey if you fly to London and go down the Thames...don't go under the bridges..you will crash. lol

Although a Spitfire did that during the war...Pilot got told off.

Might be possible to fly under Tower Bridge...that seems a tall one.

7Google Maps U.K. Empty Re: Google Maps U.K. Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:21 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
OK I'll be sure not to fly under it.. lol

Well this video might help you. There are plenty of instructional videos on youtube about google earth so if this one doesn't help go to youtube and put in a search "google earth". And you can get more specific in your search for example by putting in "google earth flight simulator". etc

Watch this video on street views first:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum