You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:19 pm

gypsy

gypsy
never heard of it Rosco

27Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:44 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:never heard of it Rosco

i cant believe mahatma which is the name brand, does not sell different rice things in ur state, their yellow saffron seasoned rice is great, we ate both that and the red beans an rice package like 30 years,ago

check ur store, in the section they would sell rice dinners, in packages, check walmart, u will like the redbeans and rice, with smoke sausage, and its easy, and it is spiced just right, i just checked i have a walmart brand ( great value) is their brand of chicken flavored rice and sauce, its in a package too , mahatma rice is to big a company not to sell in ur state i would think,i like rice but not plain white rice that much, but i love the yellow saffron seasoned rice , especially with gravy over it, or its good without gravy, its a side item for a meal, i think the yellow saffron seasoned rice may be sold by several companies, i think they have jumbalia (spellling) rice in packages too,,

28Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:04 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:I'm thinking about making some chili this week. I like saltine crackers with it. I'll post my recipe I use this week. For left overs I get some hotdogs and make chili-dogs. :)

yep i love chili, and with saltines also, sometimes i use freetoes corn chips, but probably like saltines crackers best, but i usually eat way to much, and pay for it later, i make mine with walmart brand chili ready tomatoes, along with the bushes chili beans, and that chili making in that little brown bag, it use to be call carol shelbys in the little brown bag, and yep the guy that made the shelby mustang, i guess he was doing the Paul Newman thing dabling in food, not sure its called that now, i also like the box of 2 alarm chili, both make good chili,,,,i use ground chuck, i have use ground round, but i forget which i like best , in some things ground round gets a bit tough, sometimes i add more minced garlic, i have use real garlic cloves but i dont buy alot of stuff, keeping a bottle of minced garlic is easier, i also like to eat chili with sour cream on the side, and graded cheese,

29Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:47 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
suet
n. hard crumbly fat found in the kidneys or loins of cattle and other animals (used in cooking and making tallow)

Blimey I did not know this.....not good for cholestral.

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

30Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:31 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I will check it out Rosco, I never use already packaged dinners~I guess that is why I never saw it:)

31Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:38 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:I will check it out Rosco, I never use already packaged dinners~I guess that is why I never saw it:)

well i said that but its not exactly a dinner, its just a package, but the red beans and rice would be the main course, the yelllow saffron rice is a side item i guess

32Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:56 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I use those packaged rice too. I like yellow rice a lot. I make chicken and yellow rice with green peas. One way I do it is put your rice in a casserole dish or a broiler pan and add the seasoning mix and water needed for the rice, mix it all together really good. Add about 1/2 cup of extra water than what the package says for the rice, because it will be baking in the oven and you don't want it to dry out. Then you put your chicken pieces on top of the rice and water in the baking pan and salt and pepper the chicken on top. Then put it in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 1 hour and 20 minutes uncovered. Heat up your peas on the stove-top in a pan. The rice and chicken cook together and comes out perfect. That is a family recipe my Mom invented. I had it since I was a little boy.

33Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:16 pm

gypsy

gypsy
That sounds good Tyler,I have made a similar recipe. I do like saffron rice.

34Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:19 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
tyler that does sound good, thanks,

35Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:52 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Supper tonight! fried catfish,hush puppies oven baked potato wedges, my pickles, onion and tomato.

36Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:14 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i got ranch seasoned wings, and amish potato salad and cole slaw, and a roll and im going to eat now, before i fall out, lol

37Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi y'all Whats for supper, Grandma!! Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:06 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Supper tonight,homemade Spaghetti,salad and three cheese toast,spice cake for dessert.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum