You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1obamas job act Empty obamas job act Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:54 pm

gypsy

gypsy
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rev-al-sharpton/obama-jobs-speech-analysis_b_955514.html

As much as President Obama worked to keep his jobs plan and Congressional address from being juxtaposed with the Republican debate, the last two evenings proved remarkable for anyone concerned about the state of the nation. On one side, you had a president outlining methods of kick starting job creation, while on the other, you had a flock of candidates who received the biggest applause after a comment regarding high numbers of executions in the state of Texas. The president once again urged his opposition to put petty differences aside and pass his bill quickly, meanwhile GOP presidential hopefuls were busy attacking Social Security and each other instead of providing us with solutions to our jobs crisis. To the voting public, these two nights portrayed everything we need to know about the next election: keep progressing forward, or revert backwards to a place where our intelligence is insulted and the rich keep rewarding themselves.

"The purpose of the American Jobs Act is simple: to put more people back to work and more money in the pockets of those who are working," stated the president in his address in front of a joint session of Congress on Thursday evening. Calling for tax incentives for small businesses and $1500 tax cuts for working Americans, he pushed for job creation in many industries while providing additional tax credits for those companies that hire the long-term unemployed. But perhaps most noteworthy from his speech was the tone that this president set; it was firm, to the point, conciliatory and yet forceful all at the same time. It was, in effect, brilliant. Although the devil will be in the details that are scheduled to be released a week from this Monday, the president has literally checkmated John Boehner.

In this highly anticipated jobs speech, our commander-in-chief urged every member gathered in the room to put their differences aside and pass the plan immediately. Again rising above partisan politics, he appealed to a new level of patriotism thereby leaving his opponents as nothing but petty if they were to challenge his job creation ideas. Addressing workers' rights and collective bargaining rights, the president acknowledged the importance and relevance of unions and labor in our society. Highlighting the need to have the wealthiest Americans and biggest corporations pay their fair share in taxes, he stressed the importance of assisting those hurting the most by doing things like extending unemployment insurance for another year.

There will be those that will continue to criticize the president no matter what he says or does, but after Thursday night, nobody can deny that he has the nation's best interest at heart. While he spoke of saving schools and encouraging future engineers, GOP candidates continued to pander to their base and avoid any real discussion of any real solutions the evening before. While some folks like Rick Perry and Mitt Romney appeared the clear frontrunners, none of the Republican candidates gave any substantive answers in terms of job creation. As they touted death penalties, attacks on Social Security and of course attacks on one another, they failed to address the real issues Americans lose sleep over. With unemployment remaining painfully stagnant, their non-existent ideas will keep them non-existent at the polls.

The depth of our current economic crisis is so complex that there are no easy answers. But if we are to maintain our strong standing in the world, we must begin to follow through on the president's suggestions as quickly as possible. The work starts now, and it will take all of us to dig ourselves out of the trenches and push forward.

This week of debates and speeches has left one thing clear: we can either continue bickering with one another much like candidates did on Wednesday evening, or we can create and work towards sustainable resolutions as our president now calls each and every one of us to do.

2obamas job act Empty Re: obamas job act Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:58 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I hope y'all read this/ this President has met the most controversy in America history and he is still a game up .. if by now you don't know who is for this country,then you will never know!! tell family and friends to read his proposal if you want this country to return to Glory and thriving!! strongest,we have to work!~! I know no one sees this but a few,but one can spread the challenge word, to again bring this country around!,to greatness again,this is just not our Commander-in-chief it is our American duty,,
Tyler is that a good verbal message, no copy/pasting!!

3obamas job act Empty Re: obamas job act Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:47 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yes very good Gypsy, I'm proud of you and America. You did fine. :)

4obamas job act Empty Re: obamas job act Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:42 pm

The Democrats have had control of Congress for 4 1/2 years and Obama has been prez for 2 1/2. Thay have FAILED. You can paint this anyway you want to, but Obama has FAILED,as predicted,and more of the same is unacceptible. Dream on. Obama is a goner. If few people see it differently, it is because the left side of the Bell Curve is,by nature, smaller.

5obamas job act Empty Re: obamas job act Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:38 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Really? seems like the House is Republican for nine months now and they haven't created one job,the people are fed up with The Hell no Repub,.. what is running for prez on the Repub side is a bunch of idiots~ and laughable,not one of the repub candidates can win against Obama~ Sorry! oh and welcome back!

6obamas job act Empty Re: obamas job act Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:16 pm

As always,you have missed the point. I'll remind you: It is NOT the government's job to "create" jobs. It never was and it should never be. If you knew anything about the legislative process, you would know that the (now) Repub House has to send bills to a Democrat senate and that bill has to get Obama's signature. The Dems have and will to continue to block any bills that will encourage businesses to hire new workers. When the Dems had both houses and the pres., all they did was create huge debt and no jobs as well. Bitch and make excuses all you want,but facts are facts.

7obamas job act Empty Re: obamas job act Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:28 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Who's job is it? when the election vote pugs in last year they screamed Job! Jobs, they have created nothing,but Chaos and Hell No. on and trickle down wealth,Reaganomics doesn't work, big business and wealth don't create jobs,So pray tell who does? The bush administration sure did nothing the worse fiasco in American history and it all started with Reagen,bush senior and junior~ Two wars that Obama is having to pay for and all the other havoc bush/repubs created~ so who creates jobs Mee?the ones blocking the bills is the pugs, they haven't created any to sent to the Dems~ study up Mee! I don't see your facts sir, just a bunch of words!

8obamas job act Empty Re: obamas job act Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:40 pm

Who creates jobs? Who has always created jobs?

9obamas job act Empty Re: obamas job act Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:46 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Incentives with a good strong,infrastructure,small business who need help in tax breaks the wealthy have had it to easy for to long, they sure don't create jobs,new enterprises, better education reform regulations on big banks and wall street, put our veterans to work after they come home on infrastructure and construction energy development. i have more but that will get you started,the fat cats have had the cream now it is the middle classes turn. quit hold hostage social security that is what the pugs are doing, raise taxes on the rich,we will have revenue to pay for all this. it should be treason for norquist to have every repub to sign a document that allows the republicans not to raise revenue or taxes. quit hold hostage help for the earthquake victims whining pugs are not leaders!

10obamas job act Empty Re: obamas job act Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:55 pm

" raise taxes on the rich,we will have revenue to pay for all this" And this is why it is not worth responding to your empty ideology,so I will stop. It has been shown over and over again that if we were to tax all those with incomes of more than $1 million at 100%, that wouldn't make a dent in the national debt. But you wouldn't know that. "Creatiing" a government job is simply creating an obligation to pay someone to work (or NOT work) at the taxpayer's expense. Your hero has FAILED to provide an atmosphere or tax program that encourages investment and hiring. But you wouldn't know that either.

11obamas job act Empty Re: obamas job act Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:59 pm

gypsy

gypsy
maybe you can understand this better>>

http://www.nsba.biz/vote/70_MAV_Factsheet.pdf

-----------------
Edited:

Last edited by runawayhorses on Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edited out the copy and paste reply)

12obamas job act Empty Re: obamas job act Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:41 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Gypsy, please don't do the copy and paste reply to moon you know he doesn't like it. And quite frankly I don't either when I'm talking to someone. Its seems like a cheap shot. Just use your own words when talking to him. He uses his own words you should do the same. That is a not a rule just a suggestion. Just post a link if you have to use a websites words when talking to Moon. Don't purposely try to piss him off. No one likes to scroll through long ass copy and pastes.

Copy and pastes are fine to get a topic started but don't throw it in the middle of the conversation. C'mon Man!

Every conversation I have ever had with moon was my own words, no one elses. In fact, all my replies to people are my own words. Why is that so hard. Think, and write, that's all there is to it. Its way more interesting to the readers also. Personally, I would never go nose to nose with Moon on politics because hes way better at it than me. He is more knowledgeable than I am about it. I know my limitations and what I am good at. And it ain't politics. rosco is very good too. Very smart guy on politics and many other things, I respect him immensely.

I'll be watching you and I'd like for you to use your own words and less copy and pastes when replying to someone. Right now I'm talking about moon. Don't throw those copy and pastes at him please. Its disruptive to the conversation. If you can't support what you want to say with your own words you shouldn't be in the conversation in the first place.

I'm saying this nicely.

13obamas job act Empty Re: obamas job act Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:47 pm

gypsy

gypsy
No problem he probably doesn't read them anyway!

14obamas job act Empty Re: obamas job act Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:56 pm

gypsy

gypsy
gypsy wrote:No problem he probably doesn't read them anyway!
I won't be debating anyone, you clearly stated who is smart in politics and that didn't include/me,so be it! Take Care!

15obamas job act Empty Re: obamas job act Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:03 am

On jobs: I heard this last night (and I forgot who said it) but here it is. Every business that hires people was started by an enterpeneur or group of investors. Whether it's Ford, Google, Boeing, or your local laundromat. But the government doesn't build cars,planes, search engine sites,or do laundry. When it comes to profitable, productive labor, the government does nothing at all. Every government employee represents an expense to the taxpayer. From them, we gat back,at most, about 20% in collected revenues. That's all. It can be argued that our government allowed the creation of about 6 million new jobs in the last 2 1/2 years. It's simple. The unemployment rate is the same (bad), BUT, in that period, 6 million new jobs had to come into existence in order for the unemployment rate to stay the same because population growth has added that many new workers looking for jobs. Add to this the perceived reality that businesses are sitting on trillions in ivestment cash. Interest rates are also super low. But one cannot convince me that,all of a sudden, American businesses have suddenly decided not to grow and prosper. That seems an obvious absurdity. A conspiracy to lose? No way.

The European countries have virtually coerced their banks to bail-out Greece. Should that be our path? I don't think so. We need to remove all and any blockages to investment. Real investment;not printed money. Borrowed money. We've done that. Didn't work,did it? Given that 6 mill new worker figure,one could argue "at least we didn't shrink". That is the Demo "It could have been worse" argument. But what about the millions now unemployed? Should we write off that full employment (4%?) goal? Can we possibly hire,at the taxpayer expense,those unemployed? Can we offer unlimited unemployment extensions? Of course not. I think that the Solyndra debacle proves in microcosm (only half a bill,right) what we already know. The government is,and always has been, a poor investor. The government is pretty good at building schools,roads,weapons, etc., but we can't sell those things or rent them out. We can't even borrow money on them. As necessary as most of those things are,they will NEVER add to our economic growth. Never. They will ALWAYS be an expense. Always. It seems obvious to me that if an investment idea made sense, there is no reason to believe that some investor(s) would not take it on. IF IT MADE SENSE.

We need to let loose the dogs of commerce. We don't need to raise taxes on ANYONE. We need to spend LESS and make it profitable to invest all those hidden trillions As long as the government is in competition with businesses to provide income of any kind to our workers, the businesses will lose. They don't have the bottomless pockets of the taxpaying public.

16obamas job act Empty Re: obamas job act Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:35 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
meemoon wrote:On jobs: I heard this last night (and I forgot who said it) but here it is. Every business that hires people was started by an enterpeneur or group of investors. Whether it's Ford, Google, Boeing, or your local laundromat. But the government doesn't build cars,planes, search engine sites,or do laundry. When it comes to profitable, productive labor, the government does nothing at all. Every government employee represents an expense to the taxpayer. From them, we gat back,at most, about 20% in collected revenues. That's all. It can be argued that our government allowed the creation of about 6 million new jobs in the last 2 1/2 years. It's simple. The unemployment rate is the same (bad), BUT, in that period, 6 million new jobs had to come into existence in order for the unemployment rate to stay the same because population growth has added that many new workers looking for jobs. Add to this the perceived reality that businesses are sitting on trillions in ivestment cash. Interest rates are also super low. But one cannot convince me that,all of a sudden, American businesses have suddenly decided not to grow and prosper. That seems an obvious absurdity. A conspiracy to lose? No way.

The European countries have virtually coerced their banks to bail-out Greece. Should that be our path? I don't think so. We need to remove all and any blockages to investment. Real investment;not printed money. Borrowed money. We've done that. Didn't work,did it? Given that 6 mill new worker figure,one could argue "at least we didn't shrink". That is the Demo "It could have been worse" argument. But what about the millions now unemployed? Should we write off that full employment (4%?) goal? Can we possibly hire,at the taxpayer expense,those unemployed? Can we offer unlimited unemployment extensions? Of course not. I think that the Solyndra debacle proves in microcosm (only half a bill,right) what we already know. The government is,and always has been, a poor investor. The government is pretty good at building schools,roads,weapons, etc., but we can't sell those things or rent them out. We can't even borrow money on them. As necessary as most of those things are,they will NEVER add to our economic growth. Never. They will ALWAYS be an expense. Always. It seems obvious to me that if an investment idea made sense, there is no reason to believe that some investor(s) would not take it on. IF IT MADE SENSE.

We need to let loose the dogs of commerce. We don't need to raise taxes on ANYONE. We need to spend LESS and make it profitable to invest all those hidden trillions As long as the government is in competition with businesses to provide income of any kind to our workers, the businesses will lose. They don't have the bottomless pockets of the taxpaying public.
Good post moon.

17obamas job act Empty Re: obamas job act Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:09 pm

Some more depressing stats: According to Gerri Willis of the Wall St Journal, we will have to create 400,000 NEW jobs per month for the next 3 1/2 YEARS (!) in order to get back to a 5% unemployment rate. We keep forgetting that pop. growth adds 200,000 new workers every month! This challenge is far beyond the capacity of any "stimulus" program. The Dodd/Frank program of making home ownership available to all Americans regardless of credit or ability to service that debt with productive labor, defied any economic sense. It flooded the economy with $1.3 trillion in fake money. Just another piece of Dimmo social engineering with profound unanticipated results. Add to that the reality that the baby boomer generation adds dramatically to the non-worker population living on SSA, and we see we may be actually faced with a debt we will NEVER be able to live with much less,pay back. Sound extreme? OK, how do we pay it without a totally managed economy like we see in China? I believe we've stumbled and fallen and we not be able to get up.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum