You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"Hidden" site visitors Empty "Hidden" site visitors Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:38 pm

What is a "hidden" visitor? Why would someone wanna hide a visit?

2"Hidden" site visitors Empty Re: "Hidden" site visitors Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:55 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
meemoon wrote:What is a "hidden" visitor? Why would someone wanna hide a visit?
In your profile you can choose to hide your online status. That would show up as hidden to all members except rosco and me. We can see all that are online. There are no actual visitors here, you have to be a registered member to view the forum. There are no visitors. If it reads that there is its a false reading, its not correct. I keep my online status hidden as I always have, so maybe when you see that it is me, or someone else that decided to keep there online status hidden. However, I can see all as can rosco.

There are no visitors here.

A lot of sites and forums are known to give false reports on the visitors they have. That is common. In fact if you went to Aceboards right now (my old forum) ir would say there are 6 people online. That is totally false. Some forum servers with the false reading wants to give the impression and illusion they have had many visitors to make people think alot of people are reading. They do this to make people think its popular. Its a lie. Its all bullshit. But this forum doesn't play those games and is pretty damn accurate and does not try to deceive with false stats. Its real. But the visitor thing is not correct because its impossible for this forum to have visitors. That's the way I set it up and I watch closely to everything that is going on.

This topic has many hits because I had to edit my post several times because I felt I wasn't clear enough. I'm done now.

3"Hidden" site visitors Empty Re: "Hidden" site visitors Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:51 pm

Uh....OK.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum