You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The last good Republican Politician Empty The last good Republican Politician Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:33 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Jack Kemp, when he died the Republican Party died,what use to be our grandfathers party like good old Ike is gone now you have these sick bastards like mcconnell,cantor,boehner,and ryan, all of them need impeached,voted out tried for treason !whatever move them out!

2The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:44 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i dont want to give the impression that i disagree with some of ur believes, but u really need to stop using the terms, treason or impeached, the way they vote as house members is the way the ppl in their district want them to vote, or they would not be reelected. and treason i will not even address, the way they vote and they believe never even touches that threshold, which is mainly in time of war a declared war or maybe like a cia employee passing on intel to another countrys intelligence agency, now i may not have this totally correct, its off the top of my head, but the way they believe and vote and represent their constituents is what the ppl that voted for them want, some districts are affluent, or conservative in their views, im not reflecting on ur view, u just need to realize these 2 words do not apply here , as to the way they should be used, and the threshold it would take to implement them . take care

3The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:12 pm

gypsy

gypsy
yes I use that word because they need impeached I have called all their offices and ask them to either get to work or quit, and they commit treason everyday,they bad mouth a sitting president during wartime that is treason especially if you are a political figure~ this is America I can voice this if I choose.

4The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:19 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
lmao, that sounds similar to James David Manning saying Obama needs to be arrested. The last good Republican Politician 440643

5The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:21 pm

gypsy

gypsy
LMAO everyone has their on thoughts~ I don't agree with Manning but he has the right to voice what he wants,I love it that i have the choice to not listen or watch,and to voice. :)

6The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:01 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
treason and impeachment require the breaking of the law, and treason has a high threshold, and u cant impeach members of congress for wanting to pass bills their constituents want that u dont want, u can use those words as i see now u are not going to stop, but u are wrong in how those words should be used and not alittle wrong ur totally wrong, should a conservative person call for impeachment of a liberal house member that is from a libaral district, to use those works make ur argument over the top and it discredits ur views,

7The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:07 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:yes I use that word because they need impeached I have called all their offices and ask them to either get to work or quit, and they commit treason everyday,they bad mouth a sitting president during wartime that is treason especially if you are a political figure~ this is America I can voice this if I choose.

badmouthing a president during a war is not treason, its freedom or speech, if that were treason, all the vietnam protestors in the 60s and 70s would be in prison for just the words they spoke, even sit ins that disrupt , is not treason,but u know this, ur just going over the top.

8The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:07 pm

gypsy

gypsy
it has nothing to do with Bills Rosco, when a congressman /repug stands on the house floor and calls the president a liar,or a failure then it is treason,also when they question his birth and everything he proposes for defiance,not doing anything to help return this country to the better, it is breaking the constitutional laws~
he is the sitting president, and we are at war did you forget?:they can be impeached it maybe hard to do but it can be done.it is for a political figure or senator to do this it is treason/plain and simple. I am not talking about civilians Rosco, I will see if i can find anything on it

9The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:12 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I'm going to agree with rosco on this. Its not treason to speak your mind about a president or anyone else. That would be silly. Its obvious you can say whatever you want about a president. That's the way this country is and what it stands for. Freedom! Its not treason to speak your mind even if its negative about a prosident. It just goes without saying. People do it all the time. Its a constitutional right. I'm sure moon can back me on this.

10The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:16 pm

gypsy

gypsy
this is what i am talking about

in this article

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/09/09/cnn-confirms-rep-wilson-the-congressional-heckler/ you can go read and watch video,if this were pursued impeachment charges be brought, or dismissal

I am not speaking about just a civilian I am talking about senators and political people

11The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:20 pm

gypsy

gypsy
here is the article
WASHINGTON (CNN) - A Republican House member shouted "you lie" during President Barack Obama's health-care speech to Congress on Wednesday, and members of both parties condemned the heckling.

When Obama denied that proposed health-care legislation would provide free health coverage for illegal immigrants, South Carolina Republican Rep. Joe Wilson shouted, "You lie!"

Obama paused and looked toward the Republican side of the chamber before
continuing his speech.

After the speech, Republican Sen. John McCain, the Republican presidential candidate defeated by Obama last year, called Wilson's outburst "totally disrespectful" and said he should apologize.

McCain said there was "no place for it in that setting or any other and he should apologize immediately."

Other Republicans also criticized Wilson, along with the expected Democratic condemnation.

"It was crude and disrespectful," said Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois, a top Senate Democrat. "I think the person who said it will pay a price."

12The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:32 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
what joe wilson did i heard i when it happened "It was crude and disrespectful," as per macain, but i dont think its an impeachable offense , he broke no laws. plus this is not a declared war when u use the war time words, moon knows more about this than i would, im winging it, lol,

13The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:35 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
lol me too rosco I always do on politics..lmao

I'm going to wait and see what moon says.

14The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:37 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I was wrong on the word impeachment,but Wilson could have been expelled, means the same anyway,except his on republican party would be the jurors

15The last good Republican Politician Empty ??? Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:38 pm

", im winging it, lol..."

And I'm ignoring it.

16The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:40 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
meemoon wrote:", im winging it, lol..."

And I'm ignoring it.
Ah, ok moon. Oh well rosco we're on our own..lmao

gypsy

gypsy
Impeachment in the United States is an expressed power of the legislature that allows for formal charges against a civil officer of government for crimes committed in office. The actual trial on those charges, and subsequent removal of an official on conviction on those charges, is separate from the act of impeachment itself.

Impeachment is analogous to indictment in regular court proceedings, while trial by the other house is analogous to the trial before judge and jury in regular courts. Typically, the lower house of the legislature will impeach the official and the upper house will conduct the trial.

At the federal level, Article II of the United States Constitution (Section 4) states that "The President, Vice President, and all civil Officers of the United States shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors." The House of Representatives has the sole power of impeaching, while the United States Senate has the sole power to try all impeachments. The removal of impeached officials is automatic upon conviction in the Senate. In Nixon v. United States (1993), the Supreme Court determined that the federal judiciary cannot review such proceedings.

Impeachment can also occur at the state level; state legislatures can impeach state officials, including governors, according to their respective state constitutions.

18The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:45 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
sure but i dont think anyone did a crime, is the issue, but im gone, i have to eat, lol

19The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:51 pm

gypsy

gypsy
the point was a senator or any official person can be impeached,if we complain enough about mcconnell,boehner, investigation can occur which if anything is found like bribery or treason or anything of breaking the law that individual can be impeached, that was the point.

20The last good Republican Politician Empty Hmmm Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:56 pm

rosco 357 wrote:sure but i dont think anyone did a crime, is the issue, but im gone, i have to eat, lol
I don't see what all has been said on this thread, but if we're talking about calling any politician a liar or anything else, that would be a purely civil offense unless the name-calling falls under a "criminal slander" statute. I'm sure if that were the case,Holder would not hesitate to prosecute. (He only gives breaks to Black Panthers)

21The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:03 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
meemoon wrote:I don't see what all has been said on this thread,
Why not moon is something wrong with what you are seeing? Let me know I will check it out. I've never had a member have this problem before. Unless of course you are using the ignore feature, then it makes perfect sense.

22The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:06 pm

gypsy

gypsy
LMAO

23The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:10 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I just read back. Yes moon is using the ignore feature. My bad I didn't read into it enough.

I want to make one thing clear, I can't tell who has who on ignore. Its not within my means to tell.

24The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:29 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Gypsy if you are laughing at me I deserve it. I didn't realize at the time moon meant ignore meaning the forum feature.

Ok, now, if moon has you on ignore as I think he does for now I will ask you not to reply to his posts directly. You can reply in the topic but not directly to him for now. If moon posts directly to you then you can post directly to him. Lets see how that goes.

Like I said before I can't tell for sure who has who on ignore. So I'll play it by ear.

I will ask that you wait until someone else posts in his topics before you do. And don't direct them at him. thanks

25The last good Republican Politician Empty Re: The last good Republican Politician Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:37 pm

gypsy

gypsy
no I wasn't actually laughing at you, I was laughing at the circumstances, he did directly reply to me the first message he put when he came back on a few days ago:) I think he is hilarious! am I allowed to say that?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum