You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Democrats or the Republicans Empty Democrats or the Republicans Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:53 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
What Party has launched more wars, or was responsible for, the Democrats or the Republicans? I'd really like to know. I hope you understand my question. What party has been involved with the US wartime most, Democrats or the Republicans? Has more Democrat presidents started wars or participated in then than Republicans?

2Democrats or the Republicans Empty Re: Democrats or the Republicans Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:08 pm

runawayhorses wrote:What Party has launched more wars, or was responsible for, the Democrats or the Republicans? I'd really like to know. I hope you understand my question. What party has been involved with the US wartime most, Democrats or the Republicans? Has more Democrat presidents started wars or participated in then than Republicans?
Democrats entered us into the Civil War, WW I, WW II, Korea, and Vietnam. Garfirld (?) etnered us into the Spanish American War, Bush entered us into Desert Storm, Bush Sr. entered us into Iraq and Afghanistan.

3Democrats or the Republicans Empty Re: Democrats or the Republicans Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:17 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Ok thanks.

4Democrats or the Republicans Empty Re: Democrats or the Republicans Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:21 pm

runawayhorses wrote:Ok thanks.

YW. You may wanna note that over 500,000 soldiers have died for Democratic COC's. About 10,000 for Repub COC's (presidents) Not including the Civil War

5Democrats or the Republicans Empty Re: Democrats or the Republicans Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:32 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
"Democrats entered us into the Civil War, WW I, WW II, Korea, and Vietnam.

over 500,000 soldiers have died for Democratic COC's. About 10,000 for Repub COC's (presidents) Not including the Civil War."

=================
This is to Gypsy:

Democrats do the same thing Republicans do. Democrats are not in anyway shape or form more peaceful than Republicans.

6Democrats or the Republicans Empty Re: Democrats or the Republicans Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:55 pm

Correction: It was McKinley, not Garfield that entered us into the Spanish American war.

7Democrats or the Republicans Empty Re: Democrats or the Republicans Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:16 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I never said they were Tyler, I said they like war ,and the wars the dems had while in office were the necessary ones! I know we have to have military, but to start a war on false pretense is not right.

8Democrats or the Republicans Empty Re: Democrats or the Republicans Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:25 pm

gypsy

gypsy
http://necrometrics.com/20c1m.htmPresidents Eisenhower & Kennedy initiated US military involvement in South Vietnam in 1955. President Johnson (LBJ) initiated US military involvement with NORTH Vietnam in 1964 (Operation Pierce Arrow-a jet airstrike against North Vietnamese NAVY Torpedo Boats stationed there). This was in response to the Tonkin Gulf attack (Incident in cold war parlance). Presidents Nixon & Ford inherited LBJs legacy.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_President_entered_the_US_into_the_Vietnam_war#ixzz1bBOOeo2x

20th Century death tolls larger than one million but fewer than 5 million people.

Afghanistan (1979)
Bangladesh (1971)
Biafra (1967)
Burundi/Rwanda
Cambodia (1975)
Chinese Civil War (1927)

Chinese Civil War (1945)
Congo War (1998)
East Pakistan (1971)
Ethiopia (1962)
German Expulsions (1945)
Korean War (1950)

Mexican Revolution (1910)
Nigeria (1967)
North Korea (1948)
Rwanda/Burundi
Sudanese Civil War (1983)
Vietnam War (1959)

9Democrats or the Republicans Empty Re: Democrats or the Republicans Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:26 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
So you admit Democrats are as prone to war as Republicans are. If thats the case your "War-cry" that the Republicans are destroying this nation becomes obsolete. Because you have said many times its the wars that caused our problems we have in this nation today. So the Democrats are equally as responsible. Wouldn't you say?

10Democrats or the Republicans Empty Re: Democrats or the Republicans Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:46 pm

gypsy

gypsy
yes the repugs are destroying this nation ,but I didn't say by war, but it does represent our biggest deficit. the pugs are destroying this nation by not working with the sitting president to work on economy,jobs, and instead are working to make sure Obama doesn't succeed, also by support big banks,wall street and multi millionaires who contribute nothing to this country, the 1 percent of wealthiest don't pay fair taxes.neither do multi billion dollar cooperation's !after all it is the pugs who got us in this mess with their policies!

11Democrats or the Republicans Empty Re: Democrats or the Republicans Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:57 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:yes the repugs are destroying this nation ,but I didn't say by war, but it does represent our biggest deficit. the pugs are destroying this nation by not working with the sitting president to work on economy,jobs, and instead are working to make sure Obama doesn't succeed, also by support big banks,wall street and multi millionaires who contribute nothing to this country, the 1 percent of wealthiest don't pay fair taxes.neither do multi billion dollar cooperation's !after all it is the pugs who got us in this mess with their policies!
Our deficit is our biggest issue right now in regards to our economy. Money is power. Its very important. Democrats aren't getting us the money we need. The Republicans are not helping that cause anymore than the Dems are. They all do the same thing. Both parties.

12Democrats or the Republicans Empty Re: Democrats or the Republicans Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:09 am

gypsy

gypsy
I disagree Tyler! Repugs have never been for the people,The Democrats have, that is what wins American votes, sure money helps~if the pugs don't watch out this mess they are causing by holding everything that would help America," Hostage" to help big money may bite them in the ass,and out of a job come next year.

13Democrats or the Republicans Empty Re: Democrats or the Republicans Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:13 am

Tyler wrote: "The Republicans are not helping that cause anymore than the Dems are"

Neither party is compromising enough which is fine with me. When Reid saw that Obama's bill didn't have enough votes to pass, he tabled it so NO votes could take place. On the same day that Obama was calling for Congress "to act". How? Congress will only be allowed to vote when they agree to pass Obama's bills? Like a rubber stamp? I don't give a damn if they never vote. Every time they do, they dig the hole a little deeper.

14Democrats or the Republicans Empty Re: Democrats or the Republicans Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:07 am

A final word:

Tyler wrote: "Our deficit is our biggest issue right now in regards to our economy"

You bet it is. In the last year of Bush's presidency, 2007, the deficit for that year was $161 billion dollars. It was a lot and everybody, both parties, bitched. This year, Obama's 3d, the deficit will be,just for 2011 alone, $1.3 TRILLION dollars. This is NOT the Demos doing the same thing the Repubs did. This is the Dems doing something 8 times as dangerous. I know that economics is boring, but understand that there are perfectly sane economists who are saying we may have spent ourselves past the point of no return. Crazy? It's fairly simple. When we measure economic growth as good when it is at a yearly rate of increase of 3.5%, how can we possibly show that much of a surplus to reinvest back into the economy or apply as increased wages, etc. when we start out 40% behind? Right now, 40 cents of every dollar the feds spend is used to pay interest on debt. We must either drastically reduce spending now or the debt will only grow. How can we do $1 worth of government work on $0.60? We can't. The Dems aren't getting the money because we don't have it. Think: In order to do a $1 worth of government work, we need that dollar plus another $0.40 in taxes just to stay even. Raising taxes on the "rich", taxing ALL millionaires and billionaires at 100% won't even knock a dent in our debt. If we insist on maintaining spending at this level, we will have a debt level that will forever limit growth and slowly cause drops in the standard of living until the USA starts to look like Mexico. It is happening to Greece, Spain, Italy, and Portugal. It can happen to us. This is not about politics; it's about common sense. You cannot do $1.4 trillion worth of government work on $1 trillion in taxes and $400 billion in borrowed money year after year, forever.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum