You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The End of Summer Empty The End of Summer Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:17 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I have exhausted myself trying to get a definitive answer on the official date in the United States for the end of Summer. I have used all of my resources with the computer to get an answer and I have come up empty.

You would think a simple question like that would be easy to find on the internet. Think again.

2The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:44 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
The last day of summer for the Northern Hemisphere is the day of the autumn equinox, or the day the sun's illusionary path in the sky is right over the equator. In the southern hemisphere, it is the last day of winter. That day varies from year to year, but is around September 22.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_is_the_last_day_of_summer#ixzz209VWtUVB

Best answer I could find Tyler.

3The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:09 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Sorry I took so long to get back to this I had read it before but was busy and forgotten to get back to it. Yes I read September 22 also but heard some other numbers, but I think that is the most reconised date in the US.

I was thinking about making a countdown widget for that date and posting it..lol

4The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:44 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I for one am ready for summer to end . cooler temperatures, not cold just cooler.I am a Spring_ Autumn Chick LOL

5The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:37 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
LOL, yeah I'm ready for the summer to end too! This heat is just plain ridiculous. Thank goodness we get the rains we do, its the only natural relief we get from the heat.

Actually cooler weather is not too far away now. In October it starts to cool off.

6The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:43 pm

gypsy

gypsy
This has been the worse summer I can ever remember, we are in severe drought here.

7The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:26 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I am ready for winter, rain every day here and this damn grass just keeps growing, between me and New Orleans yesterday got over 9 inches of rain, I have mushrooms growing in the yard that look like flying saucers

8The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:03 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
lol on the mushrooms. We get late afternoon rains most everyday. They are scattered mostly and it never lasts long, but when they are here it cools things off. We havent had any major storms so far and things been quiet here in FL. Its been cloudy here all day today threatening to rain.

9The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:06 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I saw where they upped the hurricane prediction by 2 more for this season, hopefully they keep going south. We still have several weeks to go and from now to mid Oct. is usually the busy time.

10The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:03 am

gypsy

gypsy

Would love a two day slow rain!! sitting on my porch..Mist blowing

11The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:00 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
SSC wrote:I saw where they upped the hurricane prediction by 2 more for this season, hopefully they keep going south. We still have several weeks to go and from now to mid Oct. is usually the busy time.
I'm going to make my own unscientific prediction going by experience and a gut feeling only. I'm going to predict the rest of this hurricane season this year remains inactive or unfruitful in producing any hurricanes over a cat 3. And a more personal prediction I'm going to suggest Florida will not see any hurricanes this season.

You can see how much stock I put into meteorologist predictions. smile

12The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:00 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Well days are getting shorter now, one thing I don't like about winter coming on..

I do like the cool Temps we are having,,would like some rain, also~ Hope we have a good autumn with some rain,not to much,just right..

13The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:43 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Winter here is a good thing, so I welcome it. Actually the weather here is good year round with the exception of June through September when its hot. But other than those months its really comfortable weather the rest of the year.

I expect sometime in October the weather will snap and we will have an unusually cooler morning, letting us know hot summer days are on there way out.

14The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:56 pm

gypsy

gypsy
runawayhorses wrote:I have exhausted myself trying to get a definitive answer on the official date in the United States for the end of Summer. I have used all of my resources with the computer to get an answer and I have come up empty.

You would think a simple question like that would be easy to find on the internet. Think again.
I am exhausted with watering every day,sometimes twice a day,,come on cooler temps,and some much needed rain,not complaining,just praying, much more is involved than my flowers,,it is a time when communities work together..

15The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:13 pm

gypsy

gypsy
September 22nd first day of Autumn

what a beautiful Season!

16The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:15 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:September 22nd first day of Autumn

what a beautiful Season!
That's the same thing as "Fall" isn't it?

17The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:04 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Yes the same thing as Fall.

18The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:10 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Good, I'm going to celebrate it with some falling leaves on the forum. You'll love its gonna be cool.. The End of Summer 67629

19The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:16 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I love the beauty of this time of year,can't wait to see your slides of Falling Leaves? I believe there was song about autumn and falling leaves, but can't exactly remember it.

20The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:16 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I don't remember the song, maybe you can find it on youtube and post it.

No the falling leaves is not a slideshow, it a javascript (code) that will make leaves fall all over the forum. If you remember when I had falling snow around Christmas time, well this will be similar to that but it will be golden brown leaves falling..

21The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:28 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I Did enjoy the falling snow on the forum.. In real time it is Pristine , Magical,can't explain exactly,.. it is so Beautiful~~Clean and Angelic

22The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:02 pm

almajean

almajean
I don't know how to link to youtube but there are several links here to the Autumn Leaves song on youtube by various singers. Nat King Cole version is my favorite.

23The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:03 pm

almajean

almajean

24The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:29 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Here you go Jean, turn up your volume. smile

25The End of Summer Empty Re: The End of Summer Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:53 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I think I got the song