You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

SSC

SSC
Admin
Guess Harry got his wish. Wonder where Nancy's tax returns are ? More political brainwashing..

gypsy

gypsy
http://news.yahoo.com/obamas-lead-over-romney-narrows-5-points-reuters-200110986.html
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama's lead over Republican Mitt Romney narrowed to 5 percentage points in a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Monday, from a high of seven points in the week after the Democratic National Convention.

With just 50 days before the November 6 election, Obama led the former Massachusetts governor by 48 percent to 43 percent among likely voters in the online poll conducted September 12-17. In a similar poll last Thursday, he led by 48 percent to 41 percent.

"My takeaway is that it's pretty decent news for Obama that his bump is sustaining so long and he may be turning the post-convention bump into a lead," said Ipsos pollster Julia Clark.

In a shift in recent days, Americans also gave a small edge to Obama on the crucial topics of jobs and the economy, as they feel less nervous about economic conditions.

Thirty-seven percent of registered voters thought Obama had a better plan for the economy, compared with 34 percent who favored Romney on the issue. Obama led 36 percent to 35 percent on the issue in a poll released last Thursday.

Forty percent backed Obama on jobs and employment, compared with 36 percent who favored Romney.

"This is a bit of a shift," Clark said. The two candidates had been tied or Romney was slightly ahead on the economy since May, but that has changed to give Obama a small edge in the wake of the convention.

"People are not really quite as nervous about the economy as they were a couple of months ago," Clark said.

However, more of the registered voters surveyed picked Romney as the candidate who would best deal with the federal government's budget deficit, at 34 percent, to 29 percent for Obama.

They gave Obama large leads when asked who would handle issues including healthcare (12 percentage points) and taxes (13 points), as well as Medicare (16 points) and Social Security (13 points.

The precision of the Reuters/Ipsos online polls is measured using a credibility interval. In this case, the poll has a credibility interval of plus or minus 4.1 percentage points for all respondents. For the 591 likely voters surveyed, it was 4.8 percentage points.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

good luck republicans, keep acknowledging that only you guys are good and holier than thou and democrats are not. Keep living in a black and white world and don't look too hard into the details. Vote romney, so that the financial markets can operate without regulation, take away rights of those you disagree with and make sure that innocent people who are destroyed by the next depression have no recourse.

But Obama will win, so nothing to worry about...As long as Romney keeps talking we will win..Funny how most democrats are polling ahead of republicans.

SSC

SSC
Admin
It will all be over in 45 days, win lose or draw, all this political crap hopefully will be finished. Who ever gets in I just hope they can restore the American standing in the world, get us on a path to debt reduction, eliminate wasteful spending and oversizing the government. Develope a plan not a tax to assist the elderly and disabled. With the babyboomers nearing the age to draw SS I hope the program is sturdy and can meet the needs of all legal Americans needing to draw it.

gypsy

gypsy
well finally you made sense.. Good Post.. Are 47% of Americans Governement Moochers? - Page 3 395737

SSC

SSC
Admin
Gyp that has been my stance all along, I just look at it from one side of the fence you the other. It has never meant the best interest in the country wasn't top priorty.

gypsy

gypsy
well I am more optimistic than you I guess,SSC your always so negative.. I don't mean that as offensive, for once you posted something nicer on my post..yes our beliefs are different, I think more than half of America agrees with my beliefs..

SSC

SSC
Admin
Right now the poll numbers are almost at a dead heat, giving the margin of error in polls this will be very close.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I been hearing lately that whoever wins Florida will win the election. Florida empowers 29 electoral votes. Florida is the largest of a handful of swing states that will decide this year's presidential election. Its 11 million voters hold lots of political power.

Just to show you your states electoral votes for comparison:

Louisiana: 8
Kentucky: 8
Florida: 29

One way of looking at that is, your states could vote 3 times over and over again and add them all up and the points still doesn't equal what Florida is worth. lol

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Some facts we already know are Louisiana and Kentucky will definitely go Republican in 2012 like the polls statistics overwhelmingly suggest they will, and as they usually do, and vote Romney as next president. Romney is safe and a lock in those states. Florida on the other-hand is split down the middle between Romney and Obama just ever so slightly leaning towards Romney, but those stats can still swing either way ever so slightly. But sure locks for Romney and the Republican party by overwhelming statistics are Louisiana and Kentucky.

Louisiana: Largely due to outward migration after Hurricane Katrina, Louisiana will lose one electoral vote, giving it 8 for the 2012, 2016 and 2020 presidential elections.

Kentucky: As it has since 1992, Kentucky will remain at 8 electoral votes for the 2012, 2016 and 2020 presidential elections.

Florida: Florida will gain two electoral votes, giving it 29 for the 2012, 2016 and 2020 presidential elections. This makes it the only state, other than Texas, to gain more than one. Florida has gained at least one electoral vote in every Census since 1930.

Last edited by runawayhorses on Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo, meant to say Romney and the Republican party not Democrat)

gypsy

gypsy
Kentucky is eighth of the poorest states,and most time do vote republican,there are 10 states considered poorest, Montana is the only one that isn't in the south the rest are all southern, Why would they vote republican? is beyond me.I wish someone would explain, is it illiteracy?

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
There is no clear cut answer, but most people are saying its because of Religion and lack of education. Most poor people in the south believe in the bible and that Jesus is a savoir, and the republicans are conservative and are pro religion, so they think its the right way to vote. Democrats lean towards freedom of choice and bible tokers are against that.

So it would appear the poor people in the south care more about religion than they do money. Obviously people stand a better chance of getting help with money with the democrats. Either they don't know that or they care more about religion, or they think the Republicans are smarter and will save this country.

gypsy

gypsy
That is basically what I was thinking,but it is a historical fact that Democrats help people more..about smarter I think there are highly intelligent people in both parties ..I do believe religion is a small factor,Democrats are very God oriented, we believe in helping the poor and down trodden, I think more than the Republicans do. but that is just my opinion... I think also that Obama is more likeable than Romeny

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Well, in a nutshell, if you are a democrat you are a sinner and a dope smoker, and if you are a republican you are a christian. That is the general consensus of this country.

SSC

SSC
Admin
Republicans are pro-life and Democrats believe in abortion, the south sees Democrats as very frivolous in spending, plus in the years since the BP oil spill Obama has hurt the south very badly with his moratorium on drilling, he put hundreds of thousands out of work in the gulf and businesses associated with the oil and gas business. Farmers can't understand the standstill on a farm bill when Obama has the power to issue an executave order and has used it in many other situations. His blocking Keystone caused thousands of jobs to be lost. Killing the coal industry. This country is not in good enough shape to dismiss any type of natural fuel produced here. Help us be independant and bring the jobs, not support overseas companies.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Well my point to Gypsy was to answer her question and explain why the south likes republicans. The biggest reason is religion. Democrats have a bad reputation and they are sinners and bad people in most Christians eyes, and uneducated poor people are notorious for believing in the bible and superstitions, so they vote for who they think are the good guys, which to them are the Republicans. Religion plays a big roll in how people vote in the south, especially poor uneducated people. They think Democrats are sinners, so they vote Republican. So technically Gypsy is setting on the wrong side of the fence if she believes like she proclaims to believe, because the majority of Christians are conservative republicans. The sinners and devil worshipers are the democrats. At least the is how to south views it and why most vote republican. Actually all of American thinks Democrats have a reputation of being the rebels, it goes without saying, and the conservative Christians are the republicans, but the south takes it too far and allows religion to influence there vote.

gypsy

gypsy
haha we are all sinners my friend,,republicans just think they aren't,and as far as the farm bill and all other Obama has tried to get passed have you have heard of filibusters,, I am so glad he stopped Keystone,what a disaster for our country and farmland,if it had passed..we need to get off the dependency of oil,and have another form of power, but the republicans would lose all that wealth they feed into congress(Repubs) and big oil business.. Another point! I believe in God,and there are as many bad republicans as there are democrats,I believe the biggest culprit is poverty and illiteracy,some how those who vote Republican have been brain washed to think trickle down wealth works,,it doesn't.our country is always broken by the republicans and Democrats come and fix it..

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
No we are not all sinners, I don't believe in sin.

gypsy

gypsy
umm so killing someone,raping a child isn't a sin? to you it is a crime,breaking law is a sin.. and a crime against mankind. my opinion/belief..

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
No, killing someone or raping a child is not a sin is not real, because a sin is a fairytale written long ago to scare people.

gypsy

gypsy
so in response to this not sin! but breaking mans law,according to the constitution?what do you call it?so this terrible action is a fairy tale?

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Sin is a fairytale.

gypsy

gypsy
umm And there is wrong doing,which is a sin! a breaking of law that goes back many years~

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Killing or raping someone is not a sin. It can't be a sin because a sin doesn't exist. Killing or raping someone is wrong, we don't need a ridiculous book or a law to tell us that. However, the bible has no problem will killing someone.

gypsy

gypsy
So law books lie? dating back thousands of years?we let the wrong doer,which is the same as sin,,go free?

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yes law books lie. This conversation is going nowhere, I'm outta this one.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum