You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Election - Page 2 Empty Re: Election Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:06 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
If Obama was looking "long-term" for ways to make the most money, choosing to run for president was a wise choice, because he can make more money after his term of being president than he ever could at any high paying corporation job. He can now sell books and make millions overnight, do interviews and speeches bringing him hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. He stands to make more money after being president than being the president right now. If he was thinking of the future financially, he made a good decision to ignore the corporate position offers and go for being the president.

27Election - Page 2 Empty Re: Election Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:24 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
True what you say
But are you skirting round the issue by not believing in his motives.

(working to help people.)

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

28Election - Page 2 Empty Re: Election Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:33 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
No not really, just pointing out that he could have had other motives also and had money in mind, after all hes only human. But I think for the most part he wanted to do good things for this country, but he also has to look after himself, hes not a saint, no one is.

Candidates say what they need to say to become president, they all do it, so they exaggerate on what they are going to accomplish to get the presidency. I don't blame him because everyone does it, you have do it to get elected or you don't stand a chance. If you tell the truth it won't work for you, oh its a nice gesture but it doesn't get you elected. Lies are what get you elected. No one can afford to tell the truth because the truth sucks. They make promises that they're not sure they can keep, so they exaggerate and say what the people would like to hear. You have to remember that the majority of the population doesn't understand politics or what is going on in the world or how to fix it, they rely on other people and what sounds good to them, and if a candidate says all the right things and its appealing to them, they lean towards voting for them. The candidates can get away with it because the majority of the population doesn't no any better.

Obama wants to do good, everyone does, they just aren't really sure how to go about it. Romney doesn't know either, he just has educated theories and guesses like everyone else. Would Romney have been able to fix the economy? Probably not, certainly not by himself with the limited knowledge any single individual has, he would have put forth an effort and collaborated with others, but no one really knows if it would have worked, he doesn't know either. Obama doesn't know, but he will try what he thinks will work. The time-frame in which to do it is the problem, some people think hes not doing it right or it would have been fixed by now.

Well with my limited knowledge on how the economy works I can clearly see that it will not get fixed overnight or even 10 years. It will probably get worst before it gets better, the damage hasn't finished running its course yet. Its a huge issue and it takes many maneuvers that from the surface doesn't look like the right thing to do, but if you had the information laid out for you from many experts in different areas of the economy and how complex it is you might realize those steps were correct. Obama has to keep us alive first and foremost, we have to keep eating and breathing, so if borrowing more money to make that happen needs to be done then you do it even though you are already in debt. If creating more money is a quick fix but hurts us in the long run you do it anyway to keep us afloat if your plan will eventually generate that money back again in time. Its a complex issue, and the economy is just the tip of the iceberg of what he has to think about. Our leverage in the borrowing more money issue is our military power, no matter how in-debt we get we still have more power than anyone else. So in effect no one is going to demand anything or force us to pay them, if they hope to get there money back they want the US to succeed. So we have an endless supply of money from the people that don't want to piss us off.. Election - Page 2 503179

Romney would not have fixed it in 4 years, his plan was a short-term plan that doesn't look to the future. You can't immediately move in a forward direction and checkmate the economy, its too complex, you have to strategize, sacrifice if needed, to reach your goal. To some it might not look pretty or right, it might even appear were going backwards and losing the battle, but in the end they will see the victory results. Obama and his staff might see this, they might see checkmate in 12 moves, we can only hope so, unlike chess neither Romney or Obama has the answers by themselves, it a collaboration of many minds to work this equation out, and fixing the economy.

29Election - Page 2 Empty Re: Election Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:05 am

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
I agree with everything you say even if you have over stretched your opinions. (Judgement)

I have always said to myself that I must protect myself first or I will be no good to anyone.

We cannot survive without money or handouts. (necessary evil) to acheive a goal.
Why should he not want money for his efforts. But when when greed sets in than that is evil.

There are not many leaders and a good leader is harder to find.

Lets just say he bends the truth and has wishful thinking. As you say he needs to play the game and at the moment he plays it well.

It is possible that Mitt would be good at generating money, but money is not the answer to good leadership.

I think that with the advent of the Computer we are all becoming more aware of Politics and life in general. (We can learn at our own pace things that we are interested in)

So many questions and not enough answers. (Very frustrating)

America is a Super Power and I wish it well and to keep going forward and do the right thing.

collaboration must be the key word.

30Election - Page 2 Empty Re: Election Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:15 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Obama is power hungry and it will show in the next 4 years, he is elbow deep in a huge coverup right now and his cabinet is dropping like flies. But we are now stuck with him, his hidden taxes will emerge, layoffs are beginning ( the Gov. ask they be delayed until after the election ) wouldn't want Big O to look bad. Obamacare will wreck the health care industry for sure, but at least anyone who wants a low cost cell phone will have one. This mess makes me sick. Control over the masses this is Obama's adgenda and ridding the country of the word GOD. What better place for a true Muslim to start that tear down the religious sect. We are now a country divided on religious, moral and financial issues.

31Election - Page 2 Empty Re: Election Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:49 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Phew you are ahead of me on this..

But Hey!

Do you think Obama might be playing a lot of Golf at TAX PAYERS EXPENSE right now, or has he gone on holiday. He don't seem to be at the White House very often.

32Election - Page 2 Empty Re: Election Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:45 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Right now he has a huge mess on his hands, I'm sure it will be a matter of time till he wonders off on vacation again.

33Election - Page 2 Empty Re: Election Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:19 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran

I can see no Religion.

34Election - Page 2 Empty Re: Election Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:51 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Religion is not always on a birth certificate, in his own words he was brought up Muslim and studied the religion for many years. The video is very interesting in raising more questions as to his actual birth place

35Election - Page 2 Empty Re: Election Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:25 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
I do know that his African Grand Father was a Muslim, in fact a lot of Africans are taught the Muslim faith.

(Interesting that his parents might not have been married.)

His Mother was not a Muslim.

36Election - Page 2 Empty Re: Election Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:00 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
He attended Muslim schools and studied the faith for many years, didn't know there was a question of his parents not being married. All US birth certificates list the mother by her maiden name not married name if that is what you are questioning. I am just done with Obama, we are stuck with 4 more years and just hope there will be enough left to put back together as he has divided this country as no other president in history has.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum