You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boring  News Empty Boring News Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:54 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Do you ever just get tired of depressing news coverage ? From the 29 yr. old lunatic in N Korea who wants to start a war to Obama and his radical agenda to control every aspect of the US private citizens lives. Political lies by the thousands, reports of Obamacares effects on our medical way of life. Friends already feeling the pinch of cut back services. Pelosi saying we have to pass it to know what is in it, dumb bitch, it is going to kill people that's what is in it. Housing market on its knees, groceries spiraling out of control. Dems and Repubs alike so party confused they are falling all over each other to get in line to lie. Oh lets not forget Obama's return of $20,000 of his salary, how frigging white of him ( must be the cream filling in the oreo ) then the multi million party at the WH but no tours due to his little tantrum, filled with intimidation. Enough to make you puke. This country is going to hell in a hand basket, for 5 years now it was blame Bush, well how about blame Obama and the STUPID people who put him in office.

2Boring  News Empty Re: Boring News Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:29 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I try not to dwell on it too much, I think about other things and get involved in other things that occupy my time. I never have been very interested in politics or world affairs so its not a big stretch for me to think about other things. However now that you mention it yes its a pile of crap the economy is in and the politicians scrambling to gain popularity votes so eventually can get elected or reelected. The rest of us just watch them or watch something else, for me I glance at it and them go about my business. The health care issues is out of my control there is nothing I can do to make it better, so when my time comes and I'm old and need doctors I guess I'll just have to worry about it then, because I'm not going to waste my life worrying about something I can't do anything about, if I did then I would have wasted all my time thinking about getting old.

3Boring  News Empty Re: Boring News Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:25 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I see friends struggling to make ends meet alot due to rising health care coverage, and now lack of coverage in so many medical areas. The WH rubbing lavish trips and parties in peoples faces. I am just sick of the whole way this country is running. The gun issue is a smoke screen, immigration is a pathetic joke. Only spending by Obama is staying true to form. We are a country sinking and no one can get their act together to save it. Just disgusted.

4Boring  News Empty Re: Boring News Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:55 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yeah I understand, its depressing. No telling how this is going to pan out.

I noticed Japan now has cars in Nascar racing, it seems they are getting into everything here that will turn a buck, next they'll have a pro football team.

5Boring  News Empty Re: Boring News Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:11 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
No doubt Tyler, wouldn't surprise me if a team now doesn't have a chunk of Jap money in it. Think there is also one with Arab money.

6Boring  News Empty Re: Boring News Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:27 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yeah, what I think going to happen and how all this is going to play out is I think we will never again own most everything like we did before, I'm talking about businesses, land, everything. I think what is the enviable outcome and really what this country wanted all along is to have other countries share the benefits of this countries success, and more to the point its 'burdens'. If this country doesn't get its economy going again it won't have any money to buy the things other countries make and sell in this country. This country invites and promotes investors from other countries.

We will no longer run this country, it will run itself by the means of the economy that other countries will have a part in, all we will do is control the military. Its a free market in the US, and its going to continue to become diverse each and every year until American citizens will no longer own most of it.

Its too late to buy any of it back because its not for sell or can we afford it, and the people selling now are more than happy to sell to the highest bidder no matter what country they are from. With that attitude and reality its enviable that its only a matter of time before we no longer control this country by any means, only the military will we continue to control.

7Boring  News Empty Re: Boring News Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:21 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
You are 100% correct, our national debt will never be controlled, we are no longer a strong country, but one on the brink of financial disaster and the outlook is very bleak. We are owned by so many other countries now. Why we are still sending aid to countries that hate us is beyond me, help those here at home, unemployment is off the charts, poverty is running rampant, any solution that has been offered in the past few years is a disaster and is only adding to the problem. There has to be a solution and I believe it starts with government spending. Start at the top take away the check book and tighten the belt, just like every other American has been forced to do.

8Boring  News Empty Re: Boring News Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:12 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
The strength of this country lies in out of country investments, without them we collapse, they are backing our industries, our money anything that money can buy is now bearing a non US price tag. Our banking system is in ruins all the checks we write have NSF on them, but does that stop them from being written the answer is NO, just tack it on to the nearly 17 trillion in debt we are already eating. With an administration running out of control, using scare intimidation against the American people it will never turn around. The time is now to stand up and fight against the waste, inexcusible lavish expenses and get down to basics. Whether you admit it or not the train wreck of a government is effecting each one of us, from the grocery, to taxes, gas prices,medical needs to investment returns. It has to stop now !!!

9Boring  News Empty Re: Boring News Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:25 am

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:I try not to dwell on it too much, I think about other things and get involved in other things that occupy my time. I never have been very interested in politics or world affairs so its not a big stretch for me to think about other things. However now that you mention it yes its a pile of crap the economy is in and the politicians scrambling to gain popularity votes so eventually can get elected or reelected. The rest of us just watch them or watch something else, for me I glance at it and them go about my business. The health care issues is out of my control there is nothing I can do to make it better, so when my time comes and I'm old and need doctors I guess I'll just have to worry about it then, because I'm not going to waste my life worrying about something I can't do anything about, if I did then I would have wasted all my time thinking about getting old.
Exactamundo! When I started getting SSA disability 19 years ago,I opted out of Medicare, part B. I'm disabled,not sick.Now that I'm old and somewhat sick,(COPD,hypertension) I still refuse part B.Why pay it? I see a doc once a year for a checkup.That's $115.00. I get my Isonopril at half price with a community discount card my doc gave me and I buy my generic Spiriva from North drugs in Canada at $1.00 each dose (instead of $286.00/30 doses at CVS).We are bombarded with media telling us we are sick and what we need to buy (or have prescribed) in order to be not-sick.I try to limit my sick time to hangovers and mental health issues.Southern Comfort cures the former and I don't give a damn about the latter.

10Boring  News Empty Re: Boring News Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:18 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
What will happen to the baby boomers ? In the last 2 weeks I have had two friends be turned down for surgery , one a pacemaker, reason was his age and health history, the second a knee replacement again age and health history, both are in their late 60's. Both Dr's explained due to recent coverage changes their conditions were not considered necessary to have the procedures, further explaining their age and health condition was dictating what now would be allowed under medicare.So I guess this is it, they have finally begun to push grandma off the cliff.

11Boring  News Empty Re: Boring News Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:09 pm

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
SSC wrote:What will happen to the baby boomers?....So I guess this is it, they have finally begun to push grandma off the cliff.
And it don't look like Ryan doing the pushin'. It always frustrated me to read liberal comments about how Obamacare would "save" my SSA. Bullshit.Obama has done NOTHING to ensure SSA viability while adding millions to the Medicaid rolls.The potential bad effects seemed so obvious but ideology trumps common sense these days. Didn't the American people re-elect this scoundrel?

12Boring  News Empty Re: Boring News Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:25 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
meemoon wrote:
runawayhorses wrote:I try not to dwell on it too much, I think about other things and get involved in other things that occupy my time. I never have been very interested in politics or world affairs so its not a big stretch for me to think about other things. However now that you mention it yes its a pile of crap the economy is in and the politicians scrambling to gain popularity votes so eventually can get elected or reelected. The rest of us just watch them or watch something else, for me I glance at it and them go about my business. The health care issues is out of my control there is nothing I can do to make it better, so when my time comes and I'm old and need doctors I guess I'll just have to worry about it then, because I'm not going to waste my life worrying about something I can't do anything about, if I did then I would have wasted all my time thinking about getting old.
Exactamundo! When I started getting SSA disability 19 years ago,I opted out of Medicare, part B. I'm disabled,not sick.Now that I'm old and somewhat sick,(COPD,hypertension) I still refuse part B.Why pay it? I see a doc once a year for a checkup.That's $115.00. I get my Isonopril at half price with a community discount card my doc gave me and I buy my generic Spiriva from North drugs in Canada at $1.00 each dose (instead of $286.00/30 doses at CVS).We are bombarded with media telling us we are sick and what we need to buy (or have prescribed) in order to be not-sick.I try to limit my sick time to hangovers and mental health issues.Southern Comfort cures the former and I don't give a damn about the latter.
Southern Comfort used to cure my ill too but not anymore, I take no medications whatsoever and do not drink any alcohol anymore either, I do absolutely nothing and I havent felt better in years. Don't confuse that statement with what I would like to do, I would like to drink my ass off right now but I can't afford a bottle whiskey or beer, so I stay sober all the time. In all reality I would never go back to drinking the way I used to which was all waking hours, but I would have an occasional drink in the evenings every now and then. But no one will believe that, they say you will just go back to the way you were, and if the truth be known thay are probably right. So I don't drink anymore, I feel no pain, I'm just sober all the time.

13Boring  News Empty Re: Boring News Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:43 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
As you know I haven't drank in many years and I don't miss it one bit. No hangovers, no foolish actions. I guess I finally realized there was a whole big world out there so why cloud it up. I enjoy seeing the world as it truely is and not in a distorted haze.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum