You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Message from Mike Huckabee Empty Message from Mike Huckabee Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:38 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
If you think the Obamacare website is a mess now, wait until they finish building it…This week, the House held hearings into why Healthcare.gov is such a disaster. And the official in charge of developing it, Henry Chao, admitted that about 40 percent of it has yet to even be built. For instance, all the financial management tools that will enable insurers to get paid for all the new enrollees. Of course, it’s looking like that’s not too urgent anyway. After spending over three years and hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars on it, and after it’s been online for seven weeks, we just now learn that it’s only 60 percent finished. Maybe we should take Jay Leno’s advice. Jay noted that federal agents recently arrested several hackers who’d built dummy websites and tricked people into filling out fake enrollment forms to steal their private information. Jay asked, why are we arresting them? We should put them in charge of the real website. They’re actually enrolling people. Mike Huckabee

2Message from Mike Huckabee Empty Re: Message from Mike Huckabee Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:53 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
The news that the big Obamacare website is still like the half-finished Death Star wasn’t the only shocking revelation to come out of Congressional hearings this week. A House science committee called in four hackers and online security experts and asked them if they thought the site was secure enough for users to trust. Their answers, and I quote: “No, no, no” and “no.” So they were asked, in their expert opinions, could it be made secure by the November 30th deadline. Again, the answer was a quarter of no’s. One of the hackers, David Kennedy, later told Fox News that he thinks anyone who goes on the site is at “critical risk” of exposure to hackers and identity thieves. He noted that one of the most complicated operating systems, Microsoft Windows, is made up of 50 to 80 million lines of code, while Healthcare.gov is 500 million lines of code. He doesn’t see that being fixed in 10 days.

And since the government has reported 16 attempted hacker attacks on the site, and the average popular site attracts 30 to 40,000 a month, he suspects that either the risk has been underestimated, or nobody’s really paying attention to security. I think I’d put my money on “both of the above.”

3Message from Mike Huckabee Empty Re: Message from Mike Huckabee Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:03 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I haven't been to that website yet, but I have to think with the service Obama can afford he could certainly find a website developer to do the job right. Apparently that isn't getting done. Granted they have a lot of apps that need the security extremely tight, but with all the great web developers in the world you would think this would get done.

I can't fathom why it isn't, other than they are hiring the wrong people for the job.

4Message from Mike Huckabee Empty Re: Message from Mike Huckabee Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:03 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
They were in such a hurry to cram this down peoples throats knowing the insurance cutoffs were coming they rushed it , the site is less than 40% complete, seecurity is a shambles and corruption is running rampant. A hackers dream.

5Message from Mike Huckabee Empty Re: Message from Mike Huckabee Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:17 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I dearly love Mike Huckabee, he is one of the most honest straight forward men I have ever listened to. His shows are faith based yet informative and he is not afraid to expose and discuss the corruption in government today.

6Message from Mike Huckabee Empty Re: Message from Mike Huckabee Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:18 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin

Mike Huckabee

You might recall that last week, I said that only 269 people had enrolled on the Obamacare website in New Hampshire. The state gave out 281 moose-hunting permits, so I joked that more New Hampshire residents wanted to shoot a moose than buy into Obamacare. Well, a self-proclaimed fact-checking site called PolitiFact accused me of telling a “half-truth.” They claimed “it’s possible” that more people than that want Obamacare but couldn’t get through. And “it could be argued” that anyone who completed an application wanted it, even if they didn’t buy it yet. That’s a lot of weasel words for people who claim to deal in facts. Well, I don’t like being accused of telling a half-truth when even they admitted that my numbers were correct. So let me give you just a few more details:

The number of “potential customers” in New Hampshire who filled out an application was 7,817. We don’t know how many of those are legitimate, or would ever have bought insurance, but I’ll give them that number. The moose-hunting permits are on a lottery system. They gave away 289 permits, but the number of applicants who definitely wanted one was 13,469. Even with my backwards, red state math education, I think that 13,469 moose hunters outnumber 7,817 potential Obamacare enrollees. Of course, I could argue that even more people wanted to shoot a moose, but couldn’t get through. But I trust the people who set up the moose hunting lottery application to have done it right. After all, that job is important.

Finally, PolitiFact needs to learn the difference between an assumption and a fact. They might also want to look up the definition of the word “joke.” And the word opinion. As in, “It’s my opinion, from personal experience growing up poor, that most families would find a pot of moose chili to be a lot more useful than an overpriced insurance policy their doctor won’t take.”

7Message from Mike Huckabee Empty Re: Message from Mike Huckabee Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:50 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Mike Huckabee
Congressional Democrats are learning the hard way: don’t release a mad dog because it just might bite you in the rear…Nobody worked harder to pass Obamacare than the staffs of Congressional Democrats. After all, they wrote it, while their bosses didn’t even read it. But they didn’t count on Republicans winning back Congress and forcing them to live under the same law they forced onto the rest of us. Politico reports that senior Democratic aides are reeling from Obamacare sticker shock, as their costs triple or quadruple. The chief of staff to Wisconsin Democrat Gwen Moore emailed that it was “simply unacceptable” and warned of a wave of resignations. He wants his colleagues to petition Obama for an immediate fix for Congressional staffers. Funny how it never occurred to him to call for repealing it for everyone, just for another special exemption for the politically-well connected. Maybe we need to keep forcing them to live under the laws they impose on us until they finally wake up and get the message.

8Message from Mike Huckabee Empty Re: Message from Mike Huckabee Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:05 am

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
My understanding is that,while hiring competent sub-contractors,the WH had ultimate management and co-ordination of the finished product.One could get the impression they didn't care whether it worked or not.Massive cancellations of private insurance policies were the result, n'est pas?

9Message from Mike Huckabee Empty Re: Message from Mike Huckabee Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:20 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
The WH having the ultimate management and co-ordination of the development (coding) of a website is equivalent to a building contractor of a hospital overseeing a doctors operation he gives to one of his patients. The typical WS suits doesn't know how to build websites or code them, unless they been trained and are experienced website developers, they wouldn't know what a website developer was doing because they can't read the language of the codes or know anything about it.

The WH would hire professional website developers I would think. I'm sure the Navy has plenty of computer experts that also know website devolupment that could do the job. Heck, call NASA.

10Message from Mike Huckabee Empty Re: Message from Mike Huckabee Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:36 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
After spending over 300 million and a complete failure, plus knowing the site wasn't ready to launch Oct.1st Obama the nut did it anyway, now comes back peddling and damage control, oh and heaven forbid the Spanish speaking part of the web site just got a year extension on sign up. They had the nerve to ask people to NOT flood the site this weekend so it doesn't crash again, who is running to this train wreck in the first place, all this has done is cause people to lose health care, now Obama is trying to get insurance companies to reinstate cancelled policy's, but it isn't happening. The ones who try to renew are being offered a policy much higher in cost than the cancelled one. Another epic fail on Obama's ever growing list.

11Message from Mike Huckabee Empty Re: Message from Mike Huckabee Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:25 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Asking people to not flood the website this weekend so it doesn't crash is ridiculous, how are the people suppose to know the traffic the site is experiencing at any given time. You don't ask people to help keep your site from crashing, that's insane and unprofessional. If the site isn't ready for the public then take it off-line until it is.

I remember a time the owner of a game site (we all know :) asked everyone to turn off their popup blockers so his sites ads could be shown to them, he said the site needs the revenue that the ad views gets. Every time an ad is seen by a member he makes money and it helps pay for the cost of running the site, so he asked everyone to turn off their popup blockers.. lmao

12Message from Mike Huckabee Empty Re: Message from Mike Huckabee Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:55 pm

meemoon

meemoon
Veteran
Tyler wrote: "...the owner of a game site (we all know :)"

There is no doubt in my computer illiterate mind,given the performance of IYT with 3 million members,and despite our personal frictions,that Patrick Chu could have done the job MUCH better and a hell of a lot cheaper.

I honestly think that the admin didn't care whether the site worked or not.The ultimate goal was to diminish private insurance coverage to a select wealthy few and get everyone else on a form of Medicaide supported by massive taxation. IF..that was the goal, Obamacare is a raging success.

13Message from Mike Huckabee Empty Re: Message from Mike Huckabee Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:48 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin

Mike Huckabee

If you’ve noticed all those chirpy commercials for health insurance, it’s not your imagination: they are airing about every five minutes, and yes, you’re paying for them. During testimony to Congress this week, HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius admitted that the federal government has dumped $4.5 billion into promoting Obamacare on the state level. They also released the updated enrollment figures. So far, nearly 365,000 people have at least “selected a plan.” That’s means putting it in their online shopping cart, whether they actually bought it yet or not.

Americans for Tax Reform notes that if you add the $4.5 billion spent on promotions to the $677 million spent building the website, that means that so far, each person who’s even thought about buying Obamacare has cost the taxpayers over $14,000. We spend billions on programs to convince people to buy insurance, trillions to wage a war on poverty – and we never consider that if we’d just divvied up that money and cut every poor or sick person a check, they wouldn’t be poor anymore, they could afford to see a doctor, and it would’ve cost taxpayer less in the long run. Problem is, when government redistributes the wealth, an awful lot of it falls into the pockets of the dealer as it’s getting shuffled around.

14Message from Mike Huckabee Empty Re: Message from Mike Huckabee Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:57 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin

Mike Huckabee

Today, a new meaning to “government puffery”…The New York City Council approved adding electronic cigarettes to the city’s strict ban on smoking. Left unexplained was exactly why. Backers said e-cigarettes “threaten to undermine enforcement of the Smoke-Free Air Act.” But they produce nicotine vapor, with no harmful secondhand smoke. Opponents claim they’re a gateway product to real cigarettes, but smokers claim people more often use them to help them quit smoking. There were also concerns that bystanders might mistake the vapor for secondhand smoke and get upset. Personally, I’m no fan of tobacco companies. But this seems to be pushing government involvement in health a little too far. When they banned smoking, at least it was under the rationale that secondhand smoke hurts other people. Now, they’re saying you can’t use a product that doesn’t hurt other people because they might mistakenly think that it hurts them? If it’s the job of politicians to protect us from our own mistakes, then a lot of them ought to resign their offices right now.

15Message from Mike Huckabee Empty Re: Message from Mike Huckabee Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:48 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Here here! You can't do anything anymore, I used to love smoking at restaurants and movie theaters, at music concerts, but society took that away. They take all the fun out of life. The only thing I see making a major comeback is drinking liquor. There are liquor ads now all over tv now trying to make drinking cool again. They seem to be targeting middle aged men, making it look like the liquor is a big part of there lives and they are 100% cool and under control. Its as natural as breathing air. Now there's a time bomb waiting to go off, and a new generation of alcoholics is in the making. Just a few years a go liquor ads were not allowed on tv that showed anyone drinking it. You never seen liquor ads, now its common to see them.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum