You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Empty Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:01 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin

Obama May Want to Put the Cork Back In The Champagne Bottle After He Sees These ObamaCare Numbers

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/04/125878-new-study-one-third-obamacare-enrollees-previously-uninsured/

By Mike Miller

Now that Obama has taken a victory lap and popped the champagne cork over hitting the ObamaCare enrollment goal, it looks as if it might be time to put the cork back in the bottle.

Results of a RAND Corporation study suggest that barely 858,000 previously uninsured Americans – nowhere near 7.1 million, as claimed by Obama – had paid for new policies and joined the ranks of the insured by the Monday night deadline. The study also indicates that only one-third of exchange sign-ups were previously uninsured.

Yes, millions of enrollees were previously insured, including those who lost coverage when their existing policies were cancelled because they didn’t meet ObamaCare’s minimum requirements.

Still, Obama claimed that “millions of people who have health insurance would not have it”‘ without ObamaCare. The numbers simply do not support that claim.

Moreover, he couldn’t pass up the opportunity to take a shot at Republicans “who have based their entire political agenda on repealing it.” Obama also thanked Democrats, who passed the “Affordable” Care Act without a single Republican vote.

“‘We could not have done it without them, and they should be proud of what they’ve done.”

Yeah, they’re proud as punch, Mr. President. We’ll see how proud they are as they run away from ObamaCare as fast as they can during this year’s campaign season.

By the way, in addition to subtracting the number of those who have applied for ObamaCare but not paid for it from the 7.1 million number the White House touts, there are Medicaid adjustments to be made to Obama’s fuzzy math as well.
◾The White House counts Medicaid enrollees in its numbers. Through December, between 1 and 2 million ObamaCare enrollees actually signed up for Medicaid vs. health insurance.
◾Moreover, when states report Medicaid enrollment data to the federal government, they don’t break down the number between the “gained Medicaid because of Obamacare” population and the “would have gotten Medicaid anyway” group.

So, while the White House will most certainly continue to pat itself on the back for a “job well done,” the only “job” is the snow job being perpetrated on the American public.

2Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Empty Re: Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:08 am

gypsy

gypsy
I believe there is no cooking/books, it has proven to be a success, after 50+ appeals,and 7.1 million sign up.. where is the cooking? States approving medicaid expansion are the winners, those states who didn't lose,the poor an those without insurance lose,,I am proud our Kentucky governor,approved AFCA and Expanded Medicaid.

3Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Empty Re: Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:07 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
It can't be a success yet, it isn't even fully implemented, each new phase and tax is spread through 2022. Medicaid is where they went for coverage, it is free, so no insurance company is involved and after looking at the website I can see why, low premiums, sky high deductibles, how can they figure people will win that way ? Then with the surge of Medicaid patients what will be the quality of service or convenience, their networks of coverage are shrinking already...We have 4 hospitals in a 5 mile range 2 have already opted out of Medicaid and gone private, same thing happening in Mississippi. After the confetti clears this will be a nightmare, it was strange how lonely Obama and Biden looked Monday where were all the Dem. supporters who always sing their praises, no where to be seen for sure. Can you say political suicide. Maybe a good thing Ky. jumped on the Govs shirt tail since Obama is getting ready to cripple your coal industry, all that leaves Ky is horse racing as major income.

4Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Empty Re: Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:14 am

gypsy

gypsy
But it is becoming a success! love it for all that need healthcare. coal,has nothing to do with health care except to provide them with health care.,

5Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Empty Re: Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:24 am

gypsy

gypsy
SSC what solution would you give if you were running for office in your state?  to build your state,country,working together, your people~lower taxes,provide for the poor, and other thoughts.. you can ask
me the same ..

6Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Empty Re: Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:11 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I would require drug testing for all welfare recipients, I would require attendance reports on all children in families receiving state or government aid, I would open up the oil fields to generate more jobs, I would raise the income levels to be approved for Medicaid ( we have one of the lowest levels in the US ) Right now many areas of La. are booming the New Orleans area has exploded with the film industry, 2 offers on the table for gigantic theme parks, the old Riverwalk has been renovated to house 25 new businesses with a job fair yesterday for 1600 positions to be filled. Education needs to be stepped up but I disagree with bringing in Common Core, it is to political and invasive. With welfare do as Miss. did do not reward in monetary benefits for more children except with Food Stamps , mandatory sterilization of unwed welfare recipients after 3 children.
As a whole for the country concentrate on improving the availability of work for legal citizens, stop the illegals at the borders and step up deportation. Encourage foreign business with a willing workforce. Stop choking industries with a barrage of regulation that require millions to comply to, tax any company that outsources jobs to other countries. Make employers insure employees if not totally then an amount affordable for both. Stop government waste, have a check and balance plan implemented to hold every department accountable for expenditures . Stop waste of politicians for unnecessary spending ( trips, gifts etc ) Limit use of government owned means of transportation. Accountability is a huge factor that has long been ignored, it is time to open the books and purge the waste and recover the funds improperly used, that alone could be billions.

Now I ask you the same question.

7Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Empty Re: Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:26 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I would  Raise taxes on the rich take away  subsidies for large corporations, close loop holes require them to pay taxes just like the rest of us to no bank account in the caymen islands for the rich.,I would create more jobs like congress is suppose to do.move our industries back to America give incentives to those  who do this.
no child would go hungry in America, and there would be no homeless person unless they choose to  be. I would regulate oil industry more and use oil from America no foreign oil,I would put into force more natural energy and coal industry would have cleaner use,and the workers better benefits. no large monies given to politicians that supreme court just passed to not regulate those monies from the rich to rig elections, that would stop. I would make a rule that a congressmen or senator can not run for office for 30 years there would be a term  limit just like there is for president.
Raise minimum wage to 11 dollars,and continue to raise it as cost of living increases so should .wages. War would be the last thing, unless absolutely necessary. We are a great Nation but we can be better, it takes people hand in hand working together.with out prejudice.

8Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Empty Re: Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:53 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I agree with most of what you said except minimum wage, there is no way businesses can afford that large of a wage hike without having to raise prices which in turn will cripple smaller businesses and slow the economic growth, I think a cost of living raise equal to Gov. raises for Social Security, Veterans etc. would be less invasive and costly.

9Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Empty Re: Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:48 pm

gypsy

gypsy
yes they can, McDonads and walmart and others can  afford it they rake in billions every year probably more. my Daughter/son in law  operate  a machine shop and they pay their workers over the minimum wage even the ones who have lesser duties there about 20 people working there, they also pay for their insurance. I agree with parts of you post also, except you dwell on welfare recipients and social securtiy people that draw these benefits. on the drug testing, ETC.

10Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Empty Re: Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:30 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Well SSC did say: "I would raise the income levels to be approved for Medicaid ", so that means more people would qualify. In Florida you don't need to have an income to qualify. Which makes sense because if you had an income perhaps you could afford insurance. Why would you require an income to qualify? Obviously if you don't have an income you really need medicaid. Or did I misunderstand something?

11Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Empty Re: Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:36 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
You name a few business, but there are millions of businesses that would not be able to pay that much and survive, and yes I am very much in favor of drug testing before state/gov. benefits are paid. Why should we the tax payers pay to support someones drug habit ? With welfare comes Medicaid and health services, we have Drs. here that treat drug addicts mostly with a medicine called Suboxen , it is used in treatment of opiate addiction, they do not take private insurance but do accept Medicaid average office visit is between $300.00-$400.00 monthly the Suboxen costs between $800.00- $1200.00 per month depending how many strips are prescribed and how often the patient has to return 21 days to 30 days also urine test monthly . This is where I have issues, also pain management clinics, Medicaid accepted,1st a MRI, then monthly prescriptions for pain pills , nerve pills and muscle relaxers, conveniently a drug store is next door, you can sit and watch the drug deals go on every day in the parking lot. This I have issue with. A law was just passed requiring all pregnant women to undergo a full tox screen throughout pregnancy, if they test positive then OFS will step in and remove any children in the home as well as take custody of the baby when it is born. This is how it should work, but to many politicians turn a deaf ear and ignore this ever growing problem.

12Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Empty Re: Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:41 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Mark, what I was trying to say is in La. if you make around $6,000.00 a year you do not qualify for Medicaid. You are allowed to make $125.00 a week only to receive benefits. Children are covered under LaChip with family income of $24,000 for a family of 2, the amount goes up with additional family members. That is still way below the US poverty line.

13Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Empty Re: Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:34 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Ok, so if you want to raise the income levels to be approved for Medicaid you want the people that make more money than it is currently set at now to qualify. That's good I agree.

14Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Empty Re: Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:46 pm

gypsy

gypsy
SSC I think the percentage of people on drugs are very few and far between. we should concentrate on other matters are tax payers money is paying for like repealing AFCA 50+times. among other things, just saying..also if Gov Jindal would expand medicaid that would help a lot of people.

15Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Empty Re: Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:21 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Expanding anything is another expense when we are trying to cut corners, Jindal and the other governors who rejected the medicaid expansion read the fine print of the bill, within 10 years the Feds. are turning back over the added expense of Medicaid back to the states, and Jindal says La. cannot afford to take on such a huge debt, that it would cripple the budget for the state. AFCA is still not out the woods, last report over 20% who signed up with BCBS have not paid in premiums, and the same with the other insurance companies,averaging the same non completions. Seems Sebileus has seen the writing on the wall and is running from the whole mess.

16Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Empty Re: Who Is Cooking Obamacare Books ? Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:39 pm

gypsy

gypsy
your state would benefit with the money, allotted for each state, Jindal turned down those monies.
also Rand's Obamacare stats: 9.3 million new insureds, and counting.
The long-awaited Rand Corp. study of Obamacare's effect on health insurance coverage was released Tuesday and confirmed the numbers that had been telegraphed for more than a week: At least 9.3 million more Americans have health insurance now than in September 2013, virtually all of them as a result of the law.
That's a net figure, accommodating all those who lost their individual health insurance because of cancellations. The Rand study confirms other surveys that placed the number of people who lost their old insurance and did not or could not replace it -- the focus of an enormous volume of anti-Obamacare rhetoric -- at less than 1 million. The Rand experts call this a "very small" number, less than 1% of the U.S. population age 18 to 64....

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-rand-20140408,0,6208659.column#ixzz2yb4OolZw

Here is the report

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum