You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

12008 Campaign Empty 2008 Campaign Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:39 pm

I don't know how the rest of you feel about this year's elections, but the choices are a bit frightening to me. I think John McCain will be our next president. I hope he picks an intelligent running mate. There is loads of trouble brewing and America has all She can handle right now .

http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/campaign-2008/2008/08/14/mccain-warns-of-a-dramatically-different-relationship-with-russia-in-the-wake-of-its-invasion-of-georgia.html

McCain Warns of a 'Dramatically Different Relationship' With Russia in the Wake of Its Invasion of Georgia

GOP presidential candidate calls Russia's actions 'not acceptable behavior in the 21st century'

By Kenneth T. Walsh
Posted August 14, 2008

ABOARD THE MCCAIN CAMPAIGN PLANE—Republican presidential candidate John McCain kept up his criticism today of the Russian invasion of Georgia, noting that he spoke again this morning with Georgia's President Mikheil Saakashvili and discussed the latest abuses by Russian troops. "There is a clause in this cease-fire that the Russians are using as a loophole for maintaining their presence there," McCain said in an interview with U.S. News editors.

McCain said Saakashvili is "deeply saddened and outraged by the human-rights violations that are taking place." The Arizona senator said he has talked to Saakashvili every day during the current crisis. McCain also referred to media reports that "the Russian troops reeked with alcohol and are looting."

Since the crisis began, the entire episode has reinforced McCain's doubts about the intentions of the Russian government. McCain said the rise of Vladimir Putin, Russia's powerful prime minister and former president, has revealed Russian ambitions for a "restoration of the old Russian empire."

The military clashes, set off by disputes in two pro-Russian secessionist regions of Georgia, have triggered echoes of old Cold War-era tensions between Moscow and Washington, which has strongly backed Georgia's democratically elected President Saakashvili.
In recent days, the English-speaking Georgian leader has talked with President Bush and Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama as well as with McCain. All three have expressed support for Georgia and called on Russia to withdraw its troops. President Bush sent humanitarian aid and dispatched Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to Tbilisi for talks with Georgian leaders.

McCain, speaking with U.S. News en route from Birmingham, Mich., to Eagle, Colo., said there would not be a return to the Cold War but there would be a "dramatically different relationship" between the United States and Russia unless Moscow's behavior changes. "It is not acceptable behavior in the 21st century," McCain argued.

In the past, McCain has advocated expelling Russia from the Group of Eight major industrialized nations, citing its pullback from democratic principles, but it is unlikely that the major European members would go along with such a move.

Pivoting to the presidential campaign, McCain said: "It's very clear that the overriding issue is the economy. Americans are hurting very badly...but I also think that national security is an underlying issue because we have just found out in the last few days that we live in a very dangerous world and there are situations which can arise which were not readily foreseen, certainly not by average citizens...that require experience, knowledge, and judgment."

22008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:59 pm

gypsy

gypsy
some good points in your article post.. and he will need an intelligent running mate, his age and memory, is questionable..
but,I don't think McCain is the best choice, and neither do i fully support Obama,hey that is all we got for now..

we have to decide if we won't more war,or not~
Russia/america both NUCLEAR power..that is scary'...

I do believe the last eight years,of this presidency, has done lots of damage,I am still thinking McCain is another Bushnics~clone. but if he wins i pray he gets a better memory of things, he tends to flip flop on what he originally says..and he has been in the political field for 28 years? I had never head of him until the last two years, neither have i heard about Obama. any greatness or outstanding accomplishments from either of the two.

well that is my opinion,neither candidate is a strong voice..

32008 Campaign Empty you have never heard of john mcCain, ??? Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:12 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i find that asttonding, he has been in the news or years, as a mavrick , working with ted kennedy, and the mcCain finegold law, , and u did not see him get off the plane when the prisoners of war got off the plane, he is probably the most widely know senator there is at this period of time before his candiadacy, and this is not the first time he has ran, sorry for any misspelled words, lol,

42008 Campaign Empty vice president for mcCain Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:20 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
"Joe" Lieberman name has been bounced around, and pissed off pelosie since lieberman has attacked obama, as u know "Joe" Lieberman was a democrate, but now an independent, i do belief, but romney is still in the running, and and tom ridge, and one i forget lol, the race is closing up , look for each one to get a bumb after there convention, liberman will at least give a speach in the republican convention they are saying,

52008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:34 pm

gypsy

gypsy
rosco 357 wrote:i find that asttonding, he has been in the news or years, as a mavrick , working with ted kennedy, and the mcCain finegold law, , and u did not see him get off the plane when the prisoners of war got off the plane, he is probably the most widely know senator there is at this period of time before his candiadacy, and this is not the first time he has ran, sorry for any misspelled words, lol,

in this day and age,nothing astounds me, a ploy?? to hype up an election,a war prisoner, (McCain)and Wala another war, that america is involved? makes one think~ now! what is going on~

62008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:39 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:
rosco 357 wrote:i find that asttonding, he has been in the news or years, as a mavrick , working with ted kennedy, and the mcCain finegold law, , and u did not see him get off the plane when the prisoners of war got off the plane, he is probably the most widely know senator there is at this period of time before his candiadacy, and this is not the first time he has ran, sorry for any misspelled words, lol,

in this day and age,nothing astounds me, a ploy?? to hype up an election,a war prisoner, (McCain)and Wala another war, that america is involved? makes one think~ now! what is going on~

i dont understand ur reply, sorry, a ploy? what does that mean , mcCain has ran for president before, but if memory serves me he did not get off strong enough in the primarys, so he droped out, eventually, but this is memory,, a candidate cant be a ploy, he was voted on by the american ppl , and many war heros run for president.. Eisenhower was one that comes to mind, as John Kennedy was a war hero, with a movie made from his war experience, in pt 109,, what puzzles me and i think most pll is how a senator just since 2004 can be the nominee, one reason is the media, he has become a media darling, the most one sided i can remember, but anyways it will be interesting to see how it comes out,,, i just fear obama will weaken our country,, but we have had those presidents like that before, will be fun to watch, and close ,,,

72008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:44 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Since Hillary will be on the ballot at the Dem. convention, and many of her supporters have refused to back Obama, how bad will this divide the democratic party ?

82008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:44 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Rosco,, the conflict with Russia and Georgia,, a ploy? well one way or the other, I hope whoever is our pres, is better than the last..

92008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:49 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Gypsy, if YOU were president, what would you have done differently than our current administration. Now remember you have a senate and a congress and you primarily only have veto power. Explain your strategy for this country.

102008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:54 pm

gypsy

gypsy
SSC wrote:Since Hillary will be on the ballot at the Dem. convention, and many of her supporters have refused to back Obama, how bad will this divide the democratic party ?

I don't think it divides the democratic party,the american people were fooled for eight years, that won't change.good or bad ?hope we are not fooled again or the election fixed by powerful people..
we don't know till one is sworn in ,and after a few months we will know,or four/eight years.. Oh Horrors~ just would like to see a smart,crisp president,new ideas(scary) yes,, but Dam ,ANYTHING BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE HAD~

112008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:01 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:Rosco,, the conflict with Russia and Georgia,, a ploy? well one way or the other, I hope whoever is our pres, is better than the last..

russia and georgia, a ploy of what???? we had no control on that , and still dont, we only can throw russia out of the G-8 , . which is an option being seriously discussed amoung the nations in it, they just let russia in like a couple years ago, give or take,and fly in humanitrian aid to georgia.. if we have a president that gives away the kitchen sink , and leave us defenceless, or more defenceless, ole george may start looking better, but enough, im gone,

122008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:05 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
gypsy wrote:
SSC wrote:Since Hillary will be on the ballot at the Dem. convention, and many of her supporters have refused to back Obama, how bad will this divide the democratic party ?

I don't think it divides the democratic party,the american people were fooled for eight years, that won't change.good or bad ?hope we are not fooled again or the election fixed by powerful people..
we don't know till one is sworn in ,and after a few months we will know,or four/eight years.. Oh Horrors~ just would like to see a smart,crisp president,new ideas(scary) yes,, but Dam ,ANYTHING BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE HAD~

How can it not divide the democratic party ? Obama now has to face the fact Hillary will be on the ballot for delagates at the Democratic convention.

132008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:14 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:

well if hillarys name is put into nomination as is being discussed, and her voted on, the votes were close to half and half, i know what ur saying ssc, but i do think they are working behind the scenes, on smoothing this over, like to make it seem to be obamas idea they said on the nightly news, ,, now gyp as to smart and crisp , that does not mean a thing if obama does not have any balls, and lets countries run over us, and scared to take action where action is needed, i disagree, ANYTHING BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE HAD// it could be alot worse with a weak kneed president , scared to take a stand, he already said he does nto want to use the technology we have in a space defense shield, if we dont stay ahead , technology wise, we are in trouble, i just dont have a problem with the last 8 years, but different strokes,

142008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:10 am

gypsy

gypsy
Rosco has nothing to do with balls,it is what is real.. war is not always the answer..has there ever been a pres,who was not into war>?,

152008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:17 am

It is going to be a holy rolling mess! Prepare to bear arms in defense of sanity ! Laughing

162008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:57 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Figi, I agree with you, I think Hillary knew this was going to take place, she isn't ready to give up the ship yet. The Dems have a hot box on their hands right now, and you can bet Bill is pushing her in every step.

172008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:58 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:Figi, I agree with you, I think Hillary knew this was going to take place, she isn't ready to give up the ship yet. The Dems have a hot box on their hands right now, and you can bet Bill is pushing her in every step.
i agree, on maybe a earlier post, bill clinton is pissed that the news media, practicaly gave the nomination to obama, they did not treat hillary in the same way obama was treated and it has Bill ticked off, as i heard on fox i think ' never has the media been so biased, toward a candidate, ? its like they lost their journalistic rules, this was stated in words to this effect

182008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:05 pm

rosco 357 wrote:
SSC wrote:Figi, I agree with you, I think Hillary knew this was going to take place, she isn't ready to give up the ship yet. The Dems have a hot box on their hands right now, and you can bet Bill is pushing her in every step.
i agree, on maybe a earlier post, bill clinton is pissed that the news media, practicaly gave the nomination to obama, they did not treat hillary in the same way obama was treated and it has Bill ticked off, as i heard on fox i think ' never has the media been so biased, toward a candidate, ? its like they lost their journalistic rules, this was stated in words to this effect

Well, if you heard it on FOX news, it must be the gospel ! It was obvious so I guess it is okay if FOX announces it now! lol!

192008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:17 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i heard it in the last couple days or so, maybe even dick morris, on orielly, or hannity and colmes, yessss i spelled it correct, lol,, but it still in all fairness was one of those mens opinions, bill was saying this same thing weeks if not a month ago, that hillary was treated different, and im not sure, i may have missed alot, but i dont recall either of them going full out behind obama, they seem kinda quite, im sure somethings have been said, to obamas favor by them,,could this be sour grapes by the clintons ? sure, but by others saying the same thing, i dont think so,, and really not just now, the bias of the reporters was hinted to, during the primarys the later ones, take care,

202008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:41 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
All the networks are touching on the subject of Hillary and the convention now. Guess starting the 24th we will watch this Democratic mess unfold.

212008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:50 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:All the networks are touching on the subject of Hillary and the convention now. Guess starting the 24th we will watch this Democratic mess unfold.

this is a bit of a different topic, but u can see the leaders of nations that are not our allies, minds working as to what they can achieve, or advance that is not in out best interest, because they know obama, probably will not do jack. if he does beat mcCain, our only hope is he realizes the importance of taking a strong stand, as he seems to be waffling on some of his first statments toward things. mainly drilling for oil, as was stated on the news today, he can read the polls on drilling, so he waffles,

222008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:15 am

gypsy

gypsy
look like the democrats convention may not be a holy mess~after all.. lol i still think Hillary may be asked to be vice president~

232008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:49 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:Rosco has nothing to do with balls,it is what is real.. war is not always the answer..has there ever been a pres,who was not into war>?,

u said "it is what is real," what does that mean? sure there have been presidents that served there term in non war times, u say " into war" ,mostly world events cause wars, the next administration will be in a war , no matter who, it is, the radical islamic muslims will not take a holiday, they will kill americans where they find them and american targets where they find them even if we are out of iraq, it will get worse if our next president does not take steps to protect us from radical islamic muslims, they are pure evil, in iraq the terrorist took 2 retarded women and straped bombs on them and then sent them into a market, and set the bombs off by remolt contol, if that is not evil.. then there is no evil. it has everything to do with balls, the next president will have to take strong, action that will take balls, to protect america or the radical islamic muslims will gain strenght.. as there goal is to bring down america, why u cant see this baffles me. once again they will not take a holiday on killing americans all over the world .

Last edited by rosco 357 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

242008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:50 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
One can only hope Obama is smart enough to NOT ask her.

252008 Campaign Empty Re: 2008 Campaign Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:58 am

gypsy

gypsy
rosco, once and for all we should not be in Iraq, it was unecessary ,wrong move, now most of us see this, it has only caused more conflict, i can't
see why u can't see that?
any way, we could stay in Iraq five, ten years it would not change~ we have won what? is there still fighting? is the problem solved? but as far as protecting America, Ben ladin should have been caught, stopped he was not an probably still out there. maybe the world will be lucky and he has died~

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum