You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1An idea, and some Blogging Empty An idea, and some Blogging Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:41 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Just going to do a little Blogging here for a minute. As some of you know I post regularly at a "paging building help forum" and I help answer questions for people about building websites, some of the people are beginners and some are more experienced than others, but I help answer the questions they have about building their sites. Its probably my favorite subject and thing I like to talk about most on the internet, and I think its kind of ironic that I have a forum that doesn't discuss this at all, in fact, no one here is even interested in discussing it, and that's understandable considering no one here besides me builds websites. But I've noticed that when I do attempt to discuss it, it never gets much of a reply and that's fine I totally understand the reasons, I wouldn't reply either if I wasn't interested, but I'm thinking about starting a new section here and naming it "Page Building Help" and maybe put it under the computer section. But If I do that, I would leave my link to this forum at that help forum I post at so the members their can come here and participate. That forum doesn't have an moderation or anyone pacifically assigned to answer the questions, so I go their to help when I can, I really feel bad for the people their just getting started building their pages and they get no help from anyone assigned to help people, so I make a point of it to go their often, but I was thinking about bringing some of them here as it would be more convenient and of course this forum would benefit becuase it would help build this forum up with new members that would consequently post in some other topics here too once they looked around and found something else interesting to talk about. The fact is I'm not really interested in politics and this would be a good outlet for me to post about what I want to talk about..lol

Just a thought.

So if you have an opinion on this feel free to reply to this post, all opinions are welcomed and encouraged.

2An idea, and some Blogging Empty Re: An idea, and some Blogging Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:08 am

Go ahead, Tyler.
I suppose the reason why you dont get much response from us is because we all seem to be digibetes.
Maybe some fresh blood can enlighten us when it comes to building a website, although I dont see myself do that anytime soon.
I might consider that in the future, but till now for my checkers club a "yahoo-site" is sufficient.

3An idea, and some Blogging Empty Re: An idea, and some Blogging Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:14 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Well, I was thinking that those new people would eventually start posting in the other topics here like in the "news" section, so then you would have something to talk with them about. Just becuase a "website help section" was here wouldn't mean you would have to talk with them about that, becuase they would make there way to the other topics as well. So all its really doing is "adding" a new topic section not taking away from anything else.

thanks for the comment.

Last edited by runawayhorses on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total

4An idea, and some Blogging Empty Re: An idea, and some Blogging Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:16 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
what does "digibetes" mean I'm not familiar with that word ?

5An idea, and some Blogging Empty Re: An idea, and some Blogging Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:35 am

runawayhorses wrote:what does "digibetes" mean I'm not familiar with that word ?
It s a word I made up myself, LOL
It s supposed to mean not having too much knowledge about PCs, internet and such.

6An idea, and some Blogging Empty Re: An idea, and some Blogging Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:52 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Oh ok..lol

7An idea, and some Blogging Empty Re: An idea, and some Blogging Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:06 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I should also mention that I'm always learning new things and that page building is a non-ending learning process, so not only do I help answer the questions but I learn from others as well, Its the kind of thing that is constantly changing as new ways are developed, so in order to keep up with the new ways you have to continue learning the new methods. I just pass on what I have learned so far. and if I can't answer a question I let someone else answer it that does, and I learn from their answer, It goes on and on like that. Its how I first got started with page building was reading what others said about it that were better at it then me. I also go to places and just read. I still go to other more advanced sites and ask questions myself. There is still much I do not know. Most all of those type forums have different levels and you go to the one that suits you best, depending on if you are going to answer or ask a question. There will be times when I don't have the answer to a question and I'll have to try and find out. But of course making a section for that here and leaving a link to it over their I'm still unsure about. I might decide not to do it at all.

8An idea, and some Blogging Empty Re: An idea, and some Blogging Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:35 pm

Tyler,

With your website building experience, is there an easy way to post photos to background music? I am working on a project and hope to post it here one day.

Any tips? An idea, and some Blogging 416231

If it gets too complicated, I probably can't do it. I can build a complete computer though! Does that count? An idea, and some Blogging 9446

9An idea, and some Blogging Empty Re: An idea, and some Blogging Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:59 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yes there are several way to add music to your post, the easiest way is to use music in flash format just like the videos that you see posted here from YouTube. You can also put a MP3 in a small flashplayer and do it that way. The MP3 way is more difficult but certainly doable, I have several on the fansite, but the MP3 will need to be uploaded to a MP3 host first, and then add it to a flash player, I would have to show you how, and explaining it would take about 10 post to walk you through the process..lol So the easiest way I think would be for you to find a video from YouTube that just has the song you want (not an actual video with moving images just the song) and post it along with your pics. I could show you how to make the video play automatically when the page loads. If you want to do it more fancy with no video you'll need to know how to put a mp3 file in a flashplayer, and like I said that not easy and would take awhile to walk you through it. I could however, do it for you and send you the coding that you could copy and paste into your message. But I really think for all practicality that the video from YouTube is the way to go.

Oh and YES computer knowledge is always a plus, but really not related closely enough to page work to be of much help for adding music files to a webpage. Computer knowledge on the other hand are more about what programs you have to play the music with. For example if someone doesn't have flash installed on their PC then they won't be able to hear the music if it is in flash format. From the page building position, if music isn't on the webpage correctly then the computer obviously won't play any music, so you see how they are two different worlds. But if you want to add music on a page or to a post, the job is more directly related to pagebuilding as opposed to computer knowledge.

If you like you can PM me about what you like to do when your ready to start the project and I'll help anyway I can. :)

10An idea, and some Blogging Empty Re: An idea, and some Blogging Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:26 pm

Tyler ,

After reading your post, I will definitely need your help ! An idea, and some Blogging 44062

I will let you know when my idea is finished and I have done my part as far as I can go.

Thanks ! An idea, and some Blogging 67629

11An idea, and some Blogging Empty Re: An idea, and some Blogging Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:36 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Well, I'm sure you'll pick it up quickly, and you're welcome Figi. An idea, and some Blogging 67629

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum