You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
MY WORDS : i find it amazing, as i did not realize we have slipped so far from what use to be the norm, i applaud Miss California, for her stance and beliefs, i guarantee u here in my state, they are still called queers, even ppl having an article critical of her personnel feeling, and Miss California family can have any beliefs they choose,when did it come down to the fact that ppl cant give personnel feelings when asked,,i wish she had told her critics to kiss her ass. but i know in her postion she could not do that, keep reading tyler theres a pic, lol,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miss California Sparks Furor With Gay Marriage Comments on Miss USA Telecast

Monday, April 20, 2009

Miss California Carrie Prejean made her controversial comments on Sunday night's show.

Miss North Carolina Kristen Dalton was crowned Miss USA on Sunday, but the big story to come out of the normally politics-free telecast was Miss California's comments regarding gay marriage.

When asked by judge Perez Hilton, an openly gay gossip blogger, whether she believed in gay marriage, Miss California, Carrie Prejean, said "We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

Miss California Sparks Furor With Gay Marriage Comments on Miss USA Telecast Misscalifornia
MISS CALIFORNIA Carrie Prejean

Keith Lewis, who runs the Miss California competition, tells FOXNews.com that he was "saddened" by Prejean's statement.

"As co-director of the Miss California USA, I am personally saddened and hurt that Miss California believes marriage rights belong only to a man and a woman," said Lewis in a statement. "I believe all religions should be able to ordain what unions they see fit. I do not believe our government should be able to discriminate against anyone and religious beliefs have no politics in the Miss California family."

Co-director Shanna Moakler said that she fully supported Lewis' statement.

But Prejean told FOXNews.com that she has "no regrets" and is happy with the answer she gave.

PHOTOS: 10 beauty pageant scandals from years past.

Miss California's answer sparked a shouting match in the lobby after the show. "It's ugly," said Scott Ihrig, a gay man, who attended the pageant with his partner. "I think it's ridiculous that she got first runner-up. That is not the value of 95 percent of the people in this audience. Look around this audience and tell me how many gay men there are."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517137,00.html

SSC

SSC
Admin
I applaud Miss California for standing up and expressing her moral views. I feel it is an injustice to force gay views on the American people. This question had no place as a judgement in this competition.
In your article it stated there were several gay male couples there...WTF ..are they getting fashion ideas ???
I really feel her right to freedom of speech was violated.

gypsy

gypsy
what was the question asked miss California,I missed that? never mind i found it LOL

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:what was the question asked miss California,I missed that? never mind i found it LOL

lol now shit that is a post if i ever saw one, lol,

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum