You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DEEP FRIED MORELS Empty DEEP FRIED MORELS Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:50 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Fresh Morel mushrooms
Egg wash (2 eggs beaten with 1/4 c. milk)
Crumb mix (1 c. crackers, 1/2 c. corn flake crumbs)
Vegetable oil for frying
Salt to taste

Split Morel mushrooms lengthwise. Rinse in several changes of cold water, drain. While heating oil to 370-375 degrees, dip Morels into egg wash, roll in crumbs. Cook Morels 4-5 minutes, stirring and turning while cooking. When golden brown and floating, remove to rack to drain. Salt to taste. Place on paper towels.

2DEEP FRIED MORELS Empty Re: DEEP FRIED MORELS Fri May 01, 2009 11:14 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Damn that sounds good!!

I love mushrooms, always have.. DEEP FRIED MORELS 67629

3DEEP FRIED MORELS Empty Re: DEEP FRIED MORELS Fri May 01, 2009 6:41 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I love them too !!! I make a stuffed mushroom with crab meat , it is to die for...

4DEEP FRIED MORELS Empty Re: DEEP FRIED MORELS Fri May 01, 2009 11:09 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well i eat so poor, i have to almost avoid this topic sight, it all sounds so good, i can remember like 20 years ago or more, eating at work something from ssc neck of the woods, a guys son would send it, as he lived down there, its not as good as most cajun style food, or seafood, its not seafood, and its been so long, i have forgot how it taste, and help me with the name, i will call it poodan, or bodan, anyway, i know it had rice and was stuffed into links,help ssc

5DEEP FRIED MORELS Empty Re: DEEP FRIED MORELS Fri May 01, 2009 11:36 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
You are talking about Boudin..it is a cajun sausage made with rice ground pork and tons of seasonings...a long time ago they made what was called a blood ring, from coagulated pork blood, rice and seasonings , I never could get a taste for it...

6DEEP FRIED MORELS Empty Re: DEEP FRIED MORELS Sat May 02, 2009 12:06 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
thanks what he had was good, and it did have what u said ,i remember a bit more now, and it was spicy, thanks again, i love crawfish, and my sisters boy last summer brought alot from somewhere he had been, but they wear me out . i need to hire some kid to get them out of the shell,

7DEEP FRIED MORELS Empty Re: DEEP FRIED MORELS Sat May 02, 2009 11:31 am

I was born in Atlanta,but have chosen to live near the ocean because of the fresh seafood. Crab,oysters, huge scallops, crawdads, lobster, bream, flounder,drum, red snapper, etc. There are island dwelling people in the Pacific who eat nothing but that and coconuts all their lives (or did,anyway) Have you seen the Samoans? A genetically singular people known for their big stature. Since adopting euro-food,they now are known for being just fat.

8DEEP FRIED MORELS Empty Re: DEEP FRIED MORELS Sat May 02, 2009 12:48 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well i dont eat out as much as when i was married, but i do eat like at the lake at the marina lf im up there alone.. on friday nite he has a seafood all u can eat bar, plus veggies, and i have done that, but the last 2 times,off the menu, i just get catfish fillets, bake pot, and fried onion fingers, kinda like a blooming onion taste but just breaded fingers,and salad bar, but my favorite fresh water fish is crappie, my son in law fishes for them alot, and we have fish fry's,. bream seem to have to many small bones for me, there are many resterants here at home that drive to the gulf on a daily basis and buy fresh seafood.. but here at home if i go out to a resterant, i usually get a good steak, but also love barbqued ribs, i never met a rib i did not like lol, my favorite steak is a big porterhouse,

9DEEP FRIED MORELS Empty Re: DEEP FRIED MORELS Sat May 02, 2009 12:57 pm

mmmmm...baked pot...mmmm. Bream are bony BUT...ya eatem WHOLE! I too reduced my eating out after my last "relationship". Now that the weather turned, I'll be grillin' almost every day. Today: Sirloin kabobs with cherry tomatos and whole mushrooms.

10DEEP FRIED MORELS Empty Re: DEEP FRIED MORELS Tue May 05, 2009 2:20 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Damn Moon, now was a fine time to read the menu..sounds good

11DEEP FRIED MORELS Empty Re: DEEP FRIED MORELS Tue May 05, 2009 8:54 am

gypsy

gypsy
bream some mighty fine eating,I have a salad recipe made from Bream that is like a tuna salad that is delicious~I will look it up..put it here. fun catching these fish also.

12DEEP FRIED MORELS Empty Re: DEEP FRIED MORELS Tue May 05, 2009 5:25 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Bream are not sold in restaurants in Louisiana but a distant cousin Talapia is, although they are illegal alive within the state, due to the fact they destroy the nesting beds of most fresh water fish.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum