You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I got my chance and I did miss! Empty I got my chance and I did miss! Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:44 pm

Muntadhar al-Zaidi the Iraqi man who threw his shoes at then-President George W. Bush last year was released today from prison.

Even though he missed aiming at one of the most popular presidents the USA ever had he was tortured in prison. He was being tortured in the worst ways, beaten with electric cables and iron bars.

I got my chance and I did miss he told reporters.
"I am not a hero and I admit that," he added. "I am a person with a stance. I saw my country burning."
al-Zaidi said he was compelled to act after witnessing what the U.S. invasion had wrought on his country: orphans, widows, refugees. I got my chance and I did miss! 7747

2I got my chance and I did miss! Empty Re: I got my chance and I did miss! Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:57 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Obviously this nut case is not aware of what can happen when you throw a shoe, as another such man found out the hard way when the American troops thinking it to be a bomb blew him to hell...No heroes just sick individuals.

3I got my chance and I did miss! Empty Re: I got my chance and I did miss! Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:09 pm

Good point SSC

Don't throw shoes to the GIs they´re just too trigger happy!

4I got my chance and I did miss! Empty Re: I got my chance and I did miss! Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:55 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
not trigger happy just have seen to many fellow soldiers loose their life by not being 100 percent on guard.. i may be wrong but thought i read the second shoe thrower was mentally challenged, but i very well may be wrong on that. but no way a GI could tell that plus al queda is famous for strapping bombs on retarded women and sending them into market places then setting the bomb off by remolt. ,, so soldiers are trained to always be on guard. and these GI's reacted just as they should have.. take care

5I got my chance and I did miss! Empty Re: I got my chance and I did miss! Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:19 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Zorro wrote:Good point SSC

Don't throw shoes to the GIs they´re just too trigger happy!

Zorro I disagree, our troops are not trigger happy, but given so many cases of radicals throwing incendiary devices or arming innocent women and children to be sacrificed for the cause of these unconscionable terrorists, one cannot help but to feel it is totally justified .What in the world could this crazed person expect to happen..Self destruction.

6I got my chance and I did miss! Empty Re: I got my chance and I did miss! Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:17 pm

Hmmm maybe the Iraqis don't like to be occupied by the USA?

If the GIs would withdraw from Iraq then no one can throw shoes or other 'things' at them!

7I got my chance and I did miss! Empty Re: I got my chance and I did miss! Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:12 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
Zorro wrote:Hmmm maybe the Iraqis don't like to be occupied by the USA?

If the GIs would withdraw from Iraq then no one can throw shoes or other 'things' at them!

i will admit i have not kept up with our troop level in iraq. or how much of the country we have to help the Iraqis keep control over, i would imagine we will always have some presents in iraq. to make sure it does not fall in to a civil war. among the different factions there. and allow its land to be used by terrorist groups,,but i very well may be wrong..i would imagine some in iraq like the fact we are there,the ones that may be persecuted if we leave , but other groups that wish we would leave , but i have no facts to back up this ,is only a common sense guess , is all it is,

8I got my chance and I did miss! Empty Re: I got my chance and I did miss! Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:46 pm

"...is only a common sense guess , is all it is..." /// Frankly,what we think as indivisuals has no impact but great relevance. The American people,in my opinion,are just plain tired of this war. We have and will have many troops in all areas of the Mid-East. But most are welcome where they are and are not being shot at. I think Bush's strategy worked. He wanted to scare the shit outta the muslims and I say he did so. Think about this. Have the muslim terrorists decided to stop attacking us here because they no longer wish our people to die? Because of the efforts of our "crack" anti-terrorist forces here? Both suggestions a joke. The imams and mullahs asked trhemselves,in my opinion,a simple question: "What will the USA do if we attack in the USA again? Ask yourself that question. They are killing us where they can and yet avoid a world conflaguration. But our people know we cannot do this forever. The Iraqis will live under a muslim dictatorship or something they will accept,but it won't be a USA type democracy. 'Scoe, we've both said this: We can't kill 'em all. Afghanistan has never been ruled by an outside force and to me,show no signs of changing thousands of years of tradition now,US troops or not. One alternative, would be a type of containment with severe military blows if they drag their murderous crap back over here. If these whirling dirtbags pull another 9/11 they would deserve,and hopefully get,a pile of smoking rubble for a landscape. They don't have much more than that now.

9I got my chance and I did miss! Empty Re: I got my chance and I did miss! Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:50 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Wow I agree, on most of this ,the part about Bush umm maybe not..
I think whatever we do the Iraqis will always be what they are, an always have been.. tired of the war? this is one American who is. We will never change that country,an it is a no win situation..

10I got my chance and I did miss! Empty Re: I got my chance and I did miss! Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:24 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Zorro wrote:Hmmm maybe the Iraqis don't like to be occupied by the USA?

I don't ever recall the Iraqis saying to the American and other foreign troops to go home. Possibly due to the fact they know persecution is the ending results. Total pillaging control will be the lifestyle they will inherit. I do believe they have learned to want a better way of life.Terrorists, drugs and murders all fit into the same boat.
I don't see a withdrawal for many years to come, so they might ought to learn to keep their shoes on.
I agree with Moon Bush had the right idea. A show of force was the only way to show the USA is not going to stand by and allow these sick cowards to attack on our home soil, and if it takes chasing each and everyone of them down so be it. War is hell, but death is final.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum