You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SSC

SSC
Admin
Home

Moveon.org Issues Warning to Democrats Opposed to 'Public Option'
Any Democrat who opposes the government option will lose support from the organization's 5 million members, according to an e-mail sent by the group to its supporters.

FOXNews.com
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/27/moveonorg-issues-warning-democrats-opposed-public-option/?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a16:g2:r5:c0.070102:b28580531:z0
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Moveon.org issued a warning Tuesday to any Democrat who might join Republicans to filibuster a government-run insurance option -- if you oppose the government option you will lose support from the organization's 5 million members

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid announced Monday that the Senate's version of a health care reform bill will include a so-called public option. Moveon.org issued its e-mail to its supporters threatening revolt one day later.

The group said it surveyed its members over the weekend and found that "93 percent of MoveOn members agreed that any senator who helps block an up-or-down vote on a health care bill with the public option should lose the support of all five million of us -- no donations, no volunteering, and no help getting out the vote."

To ensure conservative Democrats will not oppose the public option, the group is launching an "emergency campaign" to urge them to support an up-or-down vote.

Despite its support, the group added that Reid's bill is still problematic.

"The 'opt-out' version of the public option has real problems," the e-mail said, adding that "the most conservative states in the country would likely opt out, potentially leaving millions of uninsured folks without access to the affordable health care a public option would provide."

Just some thoughts (I don't "know" any more than ya'll do) These maneuverings tickle me. Do the citizens of an "opted out" state avoid paying the fines? If that is so,it won't just be the conservative states. If a young person; healthy and full of vigor (like Roscoe and I used to be) decides to just pay the modest fine instead of the high cost of insurance, what is to prevent him/her from signing up if they get in a car wreck? Or are diagnosed with a serious illness? Or get preggo? No precondition exclusions, right? Since this bill is to keep the poor outta emergrncy rooms, what will it look like when those emergrncy rooms fill up with old people who can't find a doctor who treats Medicare patients? There are PLENTY of doctors turning away such patients now and there will many more when the gov't drastically cuts Medicare payments to docs. The AMA was in the bag until the Dems treachorously put back in the new,lowered payments to Doctors. The Dem solution? Keep the payments at present Medicare levels,as promised to the AMA and pay for THAT with a separate finance bill. Neat, huh? Lie like hell, hide the theivery, and tax the piss outta the worker. Who cares, right? Whether or not Congress is stupid enough to pass this Rube Goldberg monstrosity won't affect me much,but I'm gonna laugh my ass off when it comes crashing to the ground,hopelessly underfunded and not a new doctor in sight. Move-on is right. This plan will fail as it is proposed due to a lack of funding but if the Dems said what it ACTUALLY would and will cost,it wouldn't have a chance of passing.Obama-daddy gotta get something no matter how useless and wasteful it is.

SSC

SSC
Admin
Moon this is turning into a nightmare, it is one of those deals where we are gonna get screwed and no kiss involved.
Even the end of life consultation ( a kind word for death panel ) has been slid back in there. Over 1900 pages no doubt NONE of our elected officials will bother reading it in whole..They will just vote our lives away.. In the past month all of our Medicade Drs. but one have packed up and left the area. That is 1 Dr. ( GP) for thousands of people. I guess this is what it will end up like a waiting list on appointments of 6 months or longer..At least funeral homes will be booming, no wonder Wal-mart is selling coffins on the internet now.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
its complicated . i read one of not a opt out, but another an opt in for states. im sure bama would opt out i think as we are one of the most conservative states . and i read and posted, if u dont get on something when its open enrollment period when prexisting things are accepted, .. there will be a waiting time to serve on preexisting conditions, and much highter premiums, but i did post and this is how it will come down, no matter what passes the house and senate, the real deal will be put together in the conference committee. when they combine the house and senate versions after they pass each one , to one law. its all will change, what i think is they have to prove to the government option ppl is " listen this will not pass the senate, and i do believe rahm can manage the stray sheep, i have not heard any more on the maneuver to use the budget to bypass the 60 vote cloture rule. but its still there,, but like i posted, the only one to watch is the conference committee making one law , they know what will pass and not, if im not mistaken once it comes out of the conference committee as a law, it takes the senate vote only to make it the law of the land, i dont think the house plays anymore part, i think,so all this stuff now is just that stuff,

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
SSC wrote:Moon this is turning into a nightmare, it is one of those deals where we are gonna get screwed and no kiss involved.
That reminds me of that line in “Dog Day Afternoon” when Pacino says “kiss me” and the cop says “what” and he says again “kiss me, I like to be kissed when I’m getting fucked”

gypsy

gypsy
Al Pacino is a wonderful actor, that movie was a good one~
I really liked him in Devils advocate he played a good evil part Moveon.org Issues Warning to Democrats Opposed to 'Public Option' 440643

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum