You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Florida Gators vs FIU Golden Panthers

Florida Gators vs FIU Golden Panthers (11-21-09) 145px-FloridaGators Florida Gators vs FIU Golden Panthers (11-21-09) FIU_logo1

(12:30 p.m. Saturday unfortunately on PPV)

I'm not paying to watch it. Its insignificant really, The Gators are already locked in to play Alabama for the (SEC) championship. Besides, the Gators shouldl obviously win against FIU Panthers.

The Gators have won eight Southeastern Conference (SEC) championships, and three national championships (1996, 2006, 2008). The Gators have won more games than any other college football team in the NCAA's Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly known as "Division I-A") since 1990
----

After wrapping up its conference schedule last week, the Gators (10-0, 8-0 SEC) meet the Golden Panthers for the first time. Among 120 Division I-A teams, FIU (3-7, 3-4 Sun Belt) is No. 101 in total offense (322.6 yards per game), No. 117 in rushing defense (238.5) and No. 118 in total defense (490). UF coach Urban Meyer seemed annoyed when continually asked how his team benefits from this game. He said he has great respect for the athletes from the state of Florida and believes FIU has some of them. "I think this team will be in a bowl game within a couple of years, a lot like (Florida Atlantic) years ago," he said. "We have great respect for (FIU), and we're going to do the very best we can to get another win."

What to watch for …

A lot of those backups you've been wondering about all season, including quarterback John Brantley, receivers Omarius Hines and Frankie Hammond and running back Mike Gillislee, will see action. Because the reality is even with Florida's offensive woes, FIU will be overmatched. And the Gators can't afford to lose starters to injury.

No. 1 Florida vs. Florida International, 12:30, pay-per-view,

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/college-football-scouting-report-no-1-florida-gators-vs-fiu-golden/1053165

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Final - Florida Gators 62 - FIU Golden Panthers 3

No. 1 Florida Tops FIU, 62-3, Saturday

The top-ranked Gators improved to a school-record 11-0 Saturday afternoon with a 62-3 victory over in-state opponent FIU (3-8) at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. A crowd of 90,473 came out to witness the Orange and Blue extend its nation-leading win streak to 21 games in the first meeting between the two Florida schools.

For the fifth time in his storied career as a Gator, senior quarterback Tim Tebow (Jacksonville , Fla.) rushed for over 100 yards, tallying a total of 102 yards on seven carries and a touchdown in the first quarter, and connected on 17-of-25 passes for 215 yards and two touchdowns.

After taking over for Tebow early in the third quarter, redshirt sophomore quarterback John Brantley (Ocala, Fla.) found three different receivers to complete the second half of play, finishing the day 9-of-13 for 146 yards and three touchdowns.

Redshirt sophomore Chris Rainey (Lakeland, Fla.) proved to be a dual threat for the Gators with a career-tying three receptions for a career-high 61 yards through the air and one touchdown, while running four times for 30 yards and a score. Redshirt sophomore Deonte Thompson (Belle Glade, Fla.) led the UF receiving corps with five catches for 66 yards.

The Gators held the Golden Panthers scoreless through nearly the first two quarters of play Saturday afternoon, putting up 35 points in the first half alone, while holding FIU to just three, a field-goal success with 29 seconds remaining in the half by kicker Dustin Rivest. The Gators scored on seven of eight drives in the first half to take a 35-3 lead in to the locker room at halftime.

Florida got off to its fastest start of the season with a 41-yard interception return for a touchdown by senior linebacker Brandon Spikes (Shelby, N.C.) at the 13:10 minute mark of the first quarter, the sixth interception of his career, his fourth for a touchdown, that gave UF the early 7-0 lead. With the touchdown, Spikes became the only player in the country to have four pick-sixes in the last two years.

After forcing a three-and-out situation for FIU, the Gators gained possession again by way of a Golden Panther punt on their own 16-yardline. UF drove 84 yards down field on five plays as Tebow ran in a career-long 55-yard touchdown run to extend the UF lead, 14-0, at the 9:18 minute mark. Tebow’s touchdown run elevated him into sole possession of the SEC record for all-time touchdowns (54).

Following FIU’s second three-and-out of the first quarter, a missed 53-yard field goal by sophomore kicker Caleb Sturgis (St. Augustine, Fla.) gave the ball back to the Golden Panther’s on the FIU 36-yard line. Florida’s strong defensive talent didn’t falter, as FIU was forced to punt yet again.

The Gators’ next two scores belonged to Rainey, the first a Tebow shovel pass that Rainey took 27 yards to the house to give the Orange and Blue a 21-0 lead, and the second an option pitch from Tebow that allowed Rainey to find the end zone on a 22-yard scamper. Rainey’s first score marked his inaugural touchdown catch as a Gator, while his second rushing score marked his seventh of the season and gave UF a 28-0 lead.

With 9:41 left in the half, FIU found an offensive rhythm, starting on its own 50-yard line after a 47-yard kickoff return from Wayne Times. The Panthers drove to the UF 16-yard line and set up for a 33-yard Rivest field-goal, but the wide-right attempt put possession of the ball in UF’s hands.

One more score, a three-yard touchdown scamper for sophomore Jeff Demps (Winter Garden, Fla.), capped the 35-point first-half UF scoring rush following Sturgis’ extra point. The Panthers capitalized on their last scoring opportunity of the half with a Rivest 37-yard field goal with 29 seconds that put the first, and what would turn out to be the only, three points on the board for Florida International.

On the opening drive of the second half, the UF scoring domination continued as Tebow hooked up with senior wide receiver Riley Cooper (Clearwater, Fla.) on a 18-yard touchdown pass, Cooper’s seventh of the season, to give the Gators a 42-3 advantage.

With 13:38 left in the third quarter, Brantley took over for Tebow at quarterback, found a quick rhythm and immediately led the Gators 73 yard down the field for two scores. Brantley first connected with redshirt freshman wide receiver Omarius Hines (Corsicana, Texas) on a 20-yard touchdown pass with 4:06 to go in the third quarter as the Gators ate up 3:42 on the clock and took a 48-3 lead. For Hines, the score marked his first as a Gator.

Another strong defensive stand for the Orange and Blue gave Brantley and the Gators the go-ahead on a career-long 16-yard touchdown pass to redshirt junior Justin Williams (Folkston, Ga.), his second receiving score of the season, which lengthened the margin, 56-3, with 11:10 to go in the game.

Brantley went on to hit his third receiver of the second half when he found redshirt freshman Frankie Hammond, Jr. (Hollywood, Fla.) on a career-long 31-yard deep pass to the end zone for the receiver’s first career score in a Florida uniform. With Hammond’s catch following a 12-play 83-yard drive, UF took a dominating 62-3 lead after the point-after attempt by redshirt senior Jonathan Phillips (Wellington, Fla.) was unsuccessful with 2:28 left in the game.

Redshirt junior quarterback Andrew Blaylock (Durham, N.C.) finished out the rest of the fourth quarter for the Orange and Blue as UF collected the 62-3 victory to remain undefeated in 2009.

Florida will play its last regular season game Nov. 28 when Sunshine State rival Florida State visits The Swamp for a 3:30 p.m. CBS match-up.

http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?game_id=7538&sport=footb

gypsy

gypsy
Congrats Tyler!! cheers

Florida Gators vs FIU Golden Panthers (11-21-09) KentuckyWildcats

Kentucky Wildcats 93 <> Rider 62

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Thanks, but your news is about basketball.. lol!

gypsy

gypsy
hnaha yesI know ,its basketball

now Football Wildcats Versus Georgia Bulldogs
Kentucky has not won against them in 30+years~~

GO CATS!!

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
bama was on the sec channel , which a local channel here carries it so bama was on tv,i think they showed 2 sec games and depending on where u live is what u could see, i dont know the other game that was on,, bama played Chattanooga,bama won 45 -0.. it could have been much worse, but the second half saban played the second string and third string,and next years quarterback Star Jackson, this friday will be our biggest game of the year, even more so that the sec championship game, when we play Auburn, our state rival, ppl here are raised either bama or auburn.. bama should win, but in this game anything can happen.. take care

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
rosco 357 wrote:this friday will be our biggest game of the year, even more so that the sec championship game,
You're only saying that because you know when you play us (The Gators) in the sec championship, you will lose. You are clearly crapping out of this with your statement of pretending another game is more important to you than the sec championship against the Gators. Don't jive me, I see thru it, you say that because you know we will win the National Championship. You know it, I know it, the Florida Gators are the best team in college football.. lmao

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
no im serious i had rather beat auburn than florida, because if we loose to them we have to live it for the next 365 days,when it was played in birmingham for so many years it was called the iron bowl, i think the florida game will be close, as bama is better than last year, but im sure florida will be favored, but we are good enough anything can happen, and im going on what has been said on tv,,, but no need to speculate , the game will be played, it was close last year, but i know teebow is so good, so its nothing to be ashamed of to loose to florida..it would shame us to loose to auburn is what im saying, but see tyler if we first lost to auburn the sec game would not mean a thing, we would not play for the national championship with a loss to auburn,,what im saying is the auburn game is the game ppl here get so nervous about, like at work they give out slips to predict the auburn vs bama winner and total points for prizes, its always been both schools biggest game. its all the ppl talk about and eat and breath about all year,its all the sports shows talk about. i think we do have a good chance to beat florida. i am not saying this because i think we will loose to florida, i think we could win... but we shall see..but i wish florida good luck. when we beat them in 92 they are compairing our defense now to that defense, then we beat miami for the national championship, well anyway, take care,,

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I was mostly just bullshitting you rosco, I know auburn and Bama are a great rivalry, very strong history.

But I do stand by my position that the National Championship is the ultimate goal of any college team. Its the most important game ever. Its the Superbowl of college football. It should be the most important game you ever play.

The Gators biggest rivalry game is against the Florida State University Seminoles. That game is a classic matchup.

We play them next at 11/28/09 at Gainesville, FL (The Swamp) 3:30 p.m. ET

Will be an exciting game. I'll post more on that game later in the week.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gee ppl here have auburn tiger tails hanging out of their suv windows. and ppl paint with white shoe polish on their cars after the game the score,, i agree the national championship and sec champ, is the most important, but first we have to get past auburn, we should win, but as u know in the sec, any team can have a bad day and any team can have a good day, so u really never know, especially in this game that carries so much emotion,... shug jordan named it the iron bowl for birminghams steel mills, and iron ore here,, bear bryant called it the brag bowl, when i was a kid, but shug jordan auburns long time coach his name for it stuck... bama and auburn will play FRIDAY at 1:30 i think CBS. auburn was off last weekend, but bama had a easy game so maybe the short week will not hurt them, i hope they go to atlanta without a loss, as i said loosing to florida would be no shame. but it would be a disaster here to loose against auburn, on our road to atlanta, thanks and take care . and im sure florida would rather us come into atlanta without a loss, its just so much emotion here now.. if somehow auburn snuck up on us, we would never live it down. we still hurt from loosing our bowl game to utah, lol, take care again...

gypsy

gypsy
Doesn't Thanksgiving mark the real Fun of football an the bowl games /my game room will be the center of everyone's attention Thursday an Friday Thanks giving feast/celebration

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
NO gyp it just starts the "stampede bowl" at walmart, lol,,

gypsy

gypsy
Oh my Gosh~//remind me not to be out an about/on Black Friday!! I will not stampede,my unfavored store~~ any time//I want American made,find more on the internet~Very Happy

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i just got at work a for safety a 60 buck and a 70 buck gift certificate at walmart, and have spent it all, i got new jeans and sweats,and groceries, the jeans are because i have lost 30 pounds in a short while,, and now wear a smaller waist, and its all stress from work, i just dont eat much.. the dr told me to drink and ensure, to make sure i get my nutrients,

gypsy

gypsy
I am usually over stating my wal mart/negativity,it is a one shop place very handy//

now back to Football
Tennessee Titian/Houston Texas//Tennessee Won>> 20/17 Yepee!!

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
rosco 357 wrote: i agree the national championship and sec champ, is the most important, but first we have to get past auburn, we should win, but as u know in the sec, any team can have a bad day and any team can have a good day, so u really never know, especially in this game that carries so much emotion,
I was talking to my brother today who is a college football nut, and he says Alabama is already locked in to play the Gators for the sec championship. So Alabama is already in just like Florida is. You don't have to get past auburn to play in the sec championship, you're already in against the Gators.

You must play us in the sec championship. I know its a hard pill to swallow, but that's the facts..lol Very Happy

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
lol.,, i knew that we were locked in when we beat LSU, who would not want to play in the sec champion ship game, both teams are good.. bama is better than last year. but still the schools get bucks, but may have to divide it among all sec teams as they do with bowl games but i dont know if it works like the bowl game as far as money,,,. but many coaches contracts pay bonuses on getting to the sec championship game , and probably more if they win, and more it they win the nat, champ. im thrilled we are going, all i was saying it would be a downer if we went there with a loss, especially to auburn,beating auburn helps our recruiting instate,, take care, i knew the auburn game had no effect on the sec game, i think we talked about that when we played LSU. its just easier to go to work for the bama fans, lol, and get to rib the auburn fans,

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Wow, auburn is beating Alabama 14 to 0 right now. 1st quarter.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Alabama won, congrats rosco.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum