You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:did i say five cows in back yard? no ..LOL
we at one time had 300 hundred head, i know that isn't as big as texas cattle ranches~and most farmers here who are in the cattle business don't have just five in the back yard.i
isn't the price of cattle down? if it is, I wouldn't sell them not during the summer because they can graze on pasture and hay
we stored our corn in bins, for cattle and waiting till price went up, before selling~

ok I will stop, lol i give, get the cow out of the swiming pool, lol,, all iwas trying to add, is a news item on tv, that said because so much corn is being sold for ethanol,and raised the price of corn alot, that the cattlemen cant afford to buy feed, and are selling alot of there herds off and off the the slaughterr houses they go, which on the short term make beef in the store cheaper, but once they sell them off at some point there is a cattle shortage so beef will rise, i just repeated a new item on TV, , but this same news item has been on years ago, when at times corn goes up for weather reasons, i think . im not saying this just repeating what was on TV, and its been said before,

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
We should change this topic title to: "The Corn/Cow Debates" lol!

gypsy

gypsy
haha that looks like a good change ,I liked that Tyler

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
lol yes , the cattle ppl and fuel ppl are both wanting corn so thats a good move, lol, what i said is no big deal, i will paste all i was trying to say, and the same thing happens with hay shortage the same as the corn being bought by ethenol companies, the lowering of beef prices at first is real short, and probably already behind us, maybe, but here is all i was trying to point out, the following paste, and the flooding will im sure hurt. as iowa has been hit hard, not sure abought other states, the paste as follows,

The US beef industry has come a long way since cowboys and cattle drives - in 2007, the retail value of all US produced beef was $74.[1] Beef prices depend in part on the availability and pricing of cattle feed. For instance, heavy droughts often result in the reduction of available hay stocks, so prices drop slightly as more cattle are slaughtered and sent to market. However, this reduces breeding stock, subsequently reducing supply and raising prices in the long term.[2] Reliance on corn cattle feed (especially distiller's dry grain--see DDG under Ethanol Production) also makes beef prices susceptible to significant changes in corn prices.[3]

gypsy

gypsy
Umm cattle can survive with out corn.. ours was fat and sassy with just pasture,and hay,

gypsy

gypsy
oh! cow in the swimming pool!! now i can saY ..dUH!!

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i only pasted a topic about cattle prices, and what contols them,off google , titled beef prices, if u read my paste , it also says if u read, hay shortages due to drought. does the same thing as corn shorages, so glad ur cows had hay, when i buy a cow from my uncles, which several had cattle farms here and seveal farms at the lake, , the meat was not good unless they spent time feeding on grain, i had one that did not have enough time on grain, and the taste was not good, im sure yall did the same thing, now get the hay out of the swimming pool, lol take care nite,

gypsy

gypsy
no cows in ,my swimming [pooll

so u don't know from experience?? Google?? Get a rope!! lol

yes i can readLOL

so u do buy beef??, from ur uncle??

does the grain really make a difference?? (corn)I really think not~

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i googled to make sure, since i could not post what was on tv, all cattle that i bought for the freezer, were corn or grain fed for like i think 30 days, it made the taste much better.. my uncle would pen then up and only corn grain feed them, before off he took them to the place that processed them, i usually only bought half a cow or a side of beef, for the frezzer, only hay? ur cows tasted nasty, lol,, did they drink the pool water, lol

gypsy

gypsy
umm earlier post u did not buy beef~~ its ok
I can't tell the difference~ I do like the lean ground chuck~ I am sure ur fast foods don't use that~~ LOL

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
it was uncles and yes i worked with cattle, ran them into a trailer at the end of a shut, that clamped them tight, and over the neck, and over the nose, then let the side down, rubber band the nuts, saw off the horns, and blood for a while would shoot out, and gave them shots, my uncle here that had thenissan car dealerships, and dry cleaner chains, he bought any farm at the lake that came up for sell, in the early 70s ,, business ppl could buy farms and get great tax breaks on the farms, not sure how, i think by taking a loss on the farm, but 2 of my uncles loved cattle, besides the tax saving as the other uncle had a supermarket and appliance store.,but in later years the farms at the lake, all of a sudden ppl. discovered coal as it got popular, so my uncles farms were striped mined, and a rich man got richer, but none of my uncles are alive now,, and i miss them,

Last edited by rosco 357 on Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:umm earlier post u did not buy beef~~ its ok
I can't tell the difference~ I do like the lean ground chuck~ I am sure ur fast foods don't use that~~ LOL

i ment i dont now except for the burgers, i havent in 4 years bought any at the store, i do chicken, as its better for u, my dr said no red meat and no dairy,, or do very little, but when at the lake we do grilll out, but my sister brings the beef, lol, but those burgers i buy dont have but thin pieces on them,, and i only eat one ..

gypsy

gypsy
Rosco, that has nothing to do with buying beef..or working with cattlle,the topic was grain an ethanol!!
good story,, i have a lot also ,lets end this boring story for some..u can have the last say>> lolu

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
yep it got side tracked, sorry.

SSC

SSC
Admin
Hi Rosco..things are slowly returning to a sort of normal..will be years but at least the economy is on the rise . Hope you are having a great day !! Very Happy

gypsy

gypsy
Hi ssc it is?? the economy is not on the rise~ sorry to differ..

SSC

SSC
Admin
My Dear Gypsy if you would care to invest a small amout of reading time you will find in the southern states the economy is rising , inpart due to the rebuilding process, our unemployment rate is lower and our economic state is much more stable than say the state of KY. With the rebuilding brings jobs aka lower unemployment aka paychecks which are spent at local stores which boosts the economic inpact.

SSC

SSC
Admin
Rosco, you are right about cattle having a strong taste unless fed out on grains before slaughter, being raised on an angus farm, we pastured the cattle as the supply of grass would allow but before slaughter they were penned up and fed grains to sweeten the meat. This concept was used for all slaughtered meats, hogs were fed corn for a couple weeks to add fat and assure of a firm flesh. I will gladly trade you alligator meat for rib-eyes...lol

gypsy

gypsy
So, My dear SSc u can quote that for the complete U S??
I think not..the economy, is not stable..unemployment state wide is up~ ur southern states may be rebuilding, but that is even at a halt.. also that is not complete united states~ ur not the only batter in this ball game~

check ur statistics~

SSC

SSC
Admin
When you want to generalize please say so, your post left a few loopholes.

SSC

SSC
Admin
gypsy wrote:So, My dear SSc u can quote that for the complete U S??
I think not..the economy, is not stable..unemployment state wide is up~ ur southern states may be rebuilding, but that is even at a halt.. also that is not complete united states~ ur not the only batter in this ball game~

check ur statistics~

Not to sure where your info came from on work at a halt, but you are far from correct, building is at a fevered pitch all along the Gulf Coast.
You seem to carry an undertone of gloating at the struggling economy, an odd position for a genuine patriotic American as yourself.

gypsy

gypsy
Not to sure where your info came from on work at a halt, but you are far from correct, building is at a fevered pitch all along the Gulf Coast.
You seem to carry an undertone of gloating at the struggling economy, an odd position for a genuine patriotic American as yourself.

ahhh a differnt attack?? patriotic,has nothing to do with the failing economy

also Gulf coast?? maybe,but all over,States! no!!

no gloating here, u said we>> the U,S is not struggling !!then u said we are~make up ur mind, we are !!

SSC

SSC
Admin
Gypsy I am talking about what I know about and see everyday..the rebuilding of this area, now from your tone you would like to bump this up a notch, well I will not be caught up in your circle of confussion. My mind is totally made up and I do know what I speak about..not dancing in dribble circles.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:
gypsy wrote:So, My dear SSc u can quote that for the complete U S??

check ur statistics~

you got it right ssc, gypsy gloats at any bad new in america and has for a while, she is anti american just because she is so anti president that she lets it carry over to hoping the country has problems so she can blame everything on bush even if the president has nothing to do with it, things are good here also, take care,

gypsy

gypsy
good, ur confusion is not mine,thank God, and failing economy yes it is~

,oh yes ,i see every day,but so different than what u see,evidientely,a crumbling society is what i see, and it saddens me..

ur rebuilding the hurricane devastaion,doesn't count for overall economy or construction

.also .things staying the same in ur area, the homeless and not providfing people with a stable environment trailers still parked and not used,,is that gov't? help me to understand?? what has this eight year presidentcy done to help this .. or aything to build this country stronger

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum