You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

gypsy

gypsy
you got it right ssc, gypsy gloats at any bad new in america and has for a while, she is anti american just because she is so anti president that she lets it carry over to hoping the country has problems so she can blame everything on bush even if the president has nothing to do with it, things are good here also, take care,

Gloat?? Rosco!! where did u get that? words!! righ?

I think not,u assume to much,, I was going to politely leave and not go on,, but u put new wheels on the bike..I have every right to think/brelieve as i do~ I am not alone
an i am for damn sure not anti american, I could go very ugly here, but i won't

but yes i am anti prez for this one~

have endured ur hateful remarks here with patience will not anymore..

SSC

SSC
Admin
gypsy wrote:good, ur confusion is not mine,thank God, and failing economy yes it is~

,oh yes ,i see every day,but so different than what u see,evidientely,a crumbling society is what i see, and it saddens me..

ur rebuilding the hurricane devastaion,doesn't count for overall economy or construction

.also .things staying the same in ur area, the homeless and not providfing people with a stable environment trailers still parked and not used,,is that gov't? help me to understand?? what has this eight year presidentcy done to help this .. or aything to build this country stronger

For one thing Gypsy the recovery of Katrina has nothing to do with 8 years of Bush..katrina was 3 years ago this Aug.29..surely you remember that as you so gallantly ran down here to offer your help, sad you can't remember what town you were in...
FEMA authorized the purchase of thousands of trailers, not much different than any mobile home or travel camper, the formaldahyde issue is in every mobil home , a warning paper is given to all new owners to air out the trailer first.
As I repeated already I speak of what I see in rebuilding in this area. You mention the homeless, the numbers are no greater now than pre-katrina , those who live on the streets chose to, FEMA and the Red Cross have ample housing available whether is be a house, apartment or a motel room to accommidate all who wish shelter.
I do agree about the trailers that were left in fields, but look to FEMA for those answers, that was their obligation to direct them where they were needed.
I will remain a Republican until the Democrats can prove they have a worthy person to occupy the WhiteHouse. I cannot put my trust in a man with muslim background or has a wife who just realized she is proud to be an American or a woman who couldn't control her own husband let alone a whole country.

gypsy

gypsy
ssc I will not rehash anything with u.. yes i remember all.. and where. this is now,give up the ghost!!

I also see and have hands on what is happening in my area,, and urs,
u keep beliving in What eight years of Bush has done to this country, (bad)and i will pray and work at building,with thousand others who wish to restore this country ,back to something we can all be proud of..

I told Tyler, that there would be a few from iyt to try and start trouble. i believe i am right

also glad u and rosco see eye to eye LOL
I will not respond to u again`

thought u may have learned, but I see not`

God Bless,,Keep the peace..

SSC

SSC
Admin
What I have learned is you can't teach an old dog new tricks......
I do not consider anything I have said as trying to start trouble, we obviously have very opposite views , but doesn't it take two sides in a debate...I don't believe any one person has a monopoly here on voicing oppositions and as long as it is conducted in a rational manner what is the harm. Rosco has some very valid points...Sorry you feel the need to tuck tails ...The conversation was just getting interesting.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy its called politics, and it that tough season again, this is nothing differnent than what goes on the show" hannity and colmes" on Fox with guest with views much like are being debated here, i did not even vote for bush either time, but i lay no blame on him, the end game is yet to be seen in iraq
I really have never under any president blamed him for an economy that will always run in cycles, oh and yes to ssc, when my children were kids, they had allergies mold mostly and i remember then studing alergies to watch for, this is 20 years ago, and one was to check for formaldahyde alergies in mobil homes.i probably would not even talk politics , u always start things with ur obsession of bashing the president, and then its off we go, lol, but same thing goes on tv shows, when they have dems and republicans going at it on a show on issues,
im just stating my position on how i see things going, and how they may go if certain ppl win or loose, politics, TYLER can read, and see its issues that are being batted back and forth., which is amusing to me, not a personel attack on any one person, if i did a personnel attack i would have to read back, but if i did im sorry for that, but not my view on issues,

Last edited by rosco 357 on Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total

gypsy

gypsy
no response rosco. ever to u ,after this one..
,I am through.. with u... I also told Tyler this, i also am not anti american, and I will not rehash old problems with any from iyt~
take care
hope life treats u well..

SSC

SSC
Admin
Well Rosco looks like it is you and me.
Correct me if I am wrong but Gypsy aren't you still very active on IYT..
Rosco tell me about your area ? What is the major economic force there ?

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:no response rosco. ever to u ,after this one..
,I am through.. with u... I also told Tyler this, i also am not anti american, and I will not rehash old problems with any from iyt~
take care
hope life treats u well..

OH HECK i figure as long as ur on my ass, ur giving the president a break, lol, wow its late, iwill pay for this tomorrow at work maybe i can catch a nap going ot work, lol

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I see nothing wrong with any post here whatsoever, I don't need to worry about any of this, talk about IYT all you want, its not taboo. WHAT ARE U DOING TO SAVE GAS, AND ANY IDEAS?? - Page 3 503179

SSC

SSC
Admin
Thank You Tyler, sure didn't want to step on anyones toes but this is an interesting conversation here... WHAT ARE U DOING TO SAVE GAS, AND ANY IDEAS?? - Page 3 416231

I do nothing to save gas and I have no ideas either.
So far I m still able to pay the free markets price.
I thought free market was the magic expression or has that changed in the meantime, because it suits us better now?

rosco 357 wrote:well i bought a car that gets twice as much gas milage, several guys at work just bought motorcycles, and drive every pretty day, i also try to plan on stops coming home from work. i have no problem with drilling in anwar, take a picture of the damn place that i have never even seen then drill like hell, lol, but it will be 7 to 10 years if we started now. when we conserved during the embargo when i think jimmy carter was pres. but not sure, we started working on ideas, but then the oil was turned back on, and all the ways to find other fuels faded away, i dont understand why they dont use the shale rock in the west, why they will not drill off the atlantic shelf, and anwar, well just started this if anyone is doing anything special, gas here as of today 6-11-08 was 3.85 a gallon, mays or anyone what is it in europe now?? is it as big a new item in europe as in america?? just wondering, take care,
The last time I filled my tank, it was 10 $ a gallon and indeed it is becoming an issue here too, however we dont make too much fuzz about it yet.
First we concentrate on the European soccer championship and after that we are going to look at less important things.
Everyones patriotism is at stake in the championship (our substitute for war nowadays) - soccer is the only thing in fact, that can make people warm here.

gypsy

gypsy
I am begining to enjoy soccer more, it has really grown to popularity here in Kentucky now~ and most of other states..gas prices doesn't seem to bother most here i see lots of coming and going` I try to limit mine to only necessary~
there once was a day, My Husband and i use to get out for a ride to different areas to sight see, not as much of that is going on now..

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:I am begining to enjoy soccer more, it has really grown to popularity here in Kentucky now~ and most of other states..gas prices doesn't seem to bother most here i see lots of coming and going` I try to limit mine to only necessary~
there once was a day, My Husband and i use to get out for a ride to different areas to sight see, not as much of that is going on now..
I actually can't watch 30 seconds of that game, its boring to me and I end up watching something else.. lol!

runawayhorses wrote:
gypsy wrote:I am begining to enjoy soccer more, it has really grown to popularity here in Kentucky now~ and most of other states..gas prices doesn't seem to bother most here i see lots of coming and going` I try to limit mine to only necessary~
I actually can't watch 30 seconds of that game, its boring to me and I end up watching something else.. lol!
The same happens to us, when we have to watch baseball or American rugby :-)

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yes I can imagine so, every culture has there own sports. To me its NFL football and Tennis I enjoy the most.

SSC

SSC
Admin
If soccer were very popular in this area I am sure it would go over big, only children seem to engage in the sport. Baseball and football and even basketball are the ever popular sports.

As far as gas conserving, we all should be doing our part . Planning a course for the weeks activities will save a surprising amount of gas, as well as lowering speeds driven.

gypsy

gypsy
college basketball and base ball are my favorites

SSC

SSC
Admin
This summer I am taking a local vacation, last year I went to the mid-west chasing diamonds. We will land somewhere between Gulf Shores and Pennsacola. At the most a 3hr. drive, shouldn't be so bad on gas. Plenty of attractions along the coast , so we are looking forward to our mini-vacation.

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Ah Pensacola, thats in my neck of the woods, well, somewhat north from us but in the state anyway. If you can check out the beautiful beaches here if you like the ocean. Better yet, make your way across the state to the east coast and check out Daytona Beach, really nice there. Perhaps break out your bikini and catch some rays! WHAT ARE U DOING TO SAVE GAS, AND ANY IDEAS?? - Page 3 75555

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:Well Rosco looks like it is you and me.
Correct me if I am wrong but Gypsy aren't you still very active on IYT..
Rosco tell me about your area ? What is the major economic force there ?

oh sorry ssc, i did not see this post, well here, we have 3 new car manufacturers, one has been here the longest, mercedes, which makes the suv and one other car i forget, and we have a honda plant that makes the honda van, and the new pickup truck and also a bit south of me . a new hyundia plant, now we hear that volkswagon may be coming, there are so many smaller spin off companies that make parts for these big plants, honda makes engines here, but mercedes just the car, the engine is made i dont know,but where i work is part of the railroad, and my boss said in his 15 years he has not seen such a big backlog of work, we can just live there practically,, but we are loosing machinist to the car manufactures, mainly the smaller companies that came, there are hundreds of them. there was a japanese plantthat was bought out that made hoods and fenders and such for mercedes, and saturns, and lots of others, but they work really long hours, more than i want, now they have been bought by another company which we hear that company thinks volkwagon will be located here, i think our largest employment or it was is the medical field as the university of alabama in birmingham does lots of reseach work , i know it has worked on AIDs alot, but we have and had for gosh my grandad worked there , United States Steel, they mainly make medium size pipe now there, i worked at one machine shop that made replacement parts for them, mostly metric parts, as i think the pipemill is italian, built, but we did tons of stainless steel parts that were super close tollerance, the steel was here because we had iron ore and coal, i have a 5 mile drive though woods till i get to the highway, no houses for like 4 miles , they are now building road in the wood,s lot of them but fixing them clean, red churt and new grass along those roads, my son in law said its all because they are going to drill for natural gas as this area was long ago and still some had lots of underground coal mines, and i think lots of natural gas. its a pretty big city, or county thats full of cities and a couple of big pipe factories, everybody seem busy, i think the county south which my sis lives in has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country last i heard it was 2.8, but not sure what it is exactly, we have tons of malls, and some are new and some are expanding, well thats enough for now, i think the railroad which is what im involved with is busy since rail is one of the cheepest ways to move freight, so the gas thing may be helping me, the railroad is even running adds on tv about how cheep they can move a ton of freight, well ok im through, oh we see this alot a trains today with miles of m1 A1 tanks each with another armored vehicle that carries its ammunition, these were finished, miles of them, sometime we see just the rusty castings on trains, that have been cast but not built yet, i have no idea where they are built, take care

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:This summer I am taking a local vacation, last year I went to the mid-west chasing diamonds. We will land somewhere between Gulf Shores and Pennsacola. At the most a 3hr. drive, shouldn't be so bad on gas. Plenty of attractions along the coast , so we are looking forward to our mini-vacation.

we use to go to panama city as a kid, but since many years ago gulf shores, as i have said my nephew leaves a new 5th wheel camper, in storage and just calls ahead and they put it in a campsight, my sister and her daughter in law are going this weekend my sister works part time so she get 3 and ahalf days off, on weekends, the last time i went i was married, adn we went for the shrimp festival in october, but right now i go tothe lake, alabama power is putting the screws to me, i have to have my boat house have the new type of strofoam under it, i have jus the white now, but will have to have it changed to the kind thats is incased in thick hard black plastic, and its not cheep, so that has me busy,,

SSC

SSC
Admin
runawayhorses wrote:Ah Pensacola, thats in my neck of the woods, well, somewhat north from us but in the state anyway. If you can check out the beautiful beaches here if you like the ocean. Better yet, make your way across the state to the east coast and check out Daytona Beach, really nice there. Perhaps break out your bikini and catch some rays! WHAT ARE U DOING TO SAVE GAS, AND ANY IDEAS?? - Page 3 75555

I love Daytona, spent 4 months just south of there in Sanford cleaning up after Charlie, Francis and Jeane in 2004..I fell in love with the huge flea markets in the area, and Saddle Jacks bar on Hwy 1, best food there you have ever eaten...lol...The bikini and catching rays does sound inviting, nowhere else have I gotten such a deep tan as I did in Florida WHAT ARE U DOING TO SAVE GAS, AND ANY IDEAS?? - Page 3 335431

Last edited by SSC on Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

SSC

SSC
Admin
Evening Rosco, your job sounds very involved...we are having shrimp festivals all over, went to a couple blessing of the fleets..those are always fun to attend..

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:Evening Rosco, your job sounds very involved...we are having shrimp festivals all over, went to a couple blessing of the fleets..those are always fun to attend..

all i know of is gulf shores has one the first week in october every year,they actually selll all kinds of food, like those mobile trailer kitchens, and have alll kinds of arts and crafts for sell,last time i went the last nite we were playing rook that nite, at the condo, we rented which is what i do rent a condo, and a tornado hit close by, and blew away the shrimp festival tents, but we were leavin that next day anyways, we always went on trips most the time with my cousin and her hub, they had 2 girls like i had, we always took my van, went all over, the east, i like virginia, so much history,, but went to gettysburg but stayed mostly in hershey pa, it has a amusment park like six flags, did the amish and philly to see congressional hall, ..

we machine parts for the railroad,i never knew there were so many things to a rail road, and so many sizes of rails, its very involved, mainly things that make trains change tracks, but also transition rails that i will not get into, but they have to have when joining one size rail track to a different size, u have to make a transition rail, we run around the clock, someone is alway working,

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum