You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i dont usually do this, not post the article,from the wallstreet journal, but it has many illustrations of the oil well parts being installed in a drawing . so go there if u want, and it was a long article, so did not copy it, u really need to read it and see the diagrams, i think it explains why they have stopped drilling on the relieve wells for now,

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703834604575365090415107512.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTWhatsNewsCollection

SSC

SSC
Admin
The cap has since you posted this been placed and one vent closed, two other vents are still spewing oil into the water. This was a Fed. delay...more red tape

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
as i understand it they wanted to test it , because it could cause a problem much worse that could not be fixed, anyway lets hope it works , i have not heard about how its going as of today, i have been busy and just am behind on whats going on, thanks for the reply. i dont think i mind a little red tape on this issue, to make sure as i understand it , that it or the well can handle the pressure, but again im not up to speed,if it cant as i understand it they still can pump it up to ships, but hope to just cap it off,

SSC

SSC
Admin
I've watched all day on Fox..the cap in on and totally shut after a leak was detected during the night on a line. So far so good but they are monitoring the pressures..Lets hope this works for now till the relief well is finished.
We are losing rigs fast in the gulf, 2 have moved out of country since the Obama moratorium. Hate the thought of buying oil from Africa and Libya now that is where the gulf rigs relocated to.

5BP Delays Test on New Fix for Well Leak  Empty oil leak Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:06 pm

gypsy

gypsy
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38255728?GT1=43001

HOUSTON — For the first time since the Gulf oil spill disaster started on April 20, the entire flow of oil was being contained Thursday as part of BP's pressure testing of a new cap, BP and federal officials said.

President Barack Obama called the news a "positive sign" but cautioned that "we're still in the testing phase."

If the cap holds, the idea is to keep it on — and the flow checked — until a relief well can plug the blownout well in August.

Click here for related content
Pyrosomes
AP
Spill altering food web
2. Shelters filling up as Gulf pet owners struggle
3. Oil dispersants another 'Agent Orange'?
4. Updated 98 minutes ago BP to drill for Libyan oil despite Lockerbie
5. Photos show vanishing oil berm

If the cap does not hold, BP has added to its siphoning capacity and expects to be able to siphon up most if not all of the oil starting next week. \

A worst-case scenario would be if the buildup in pressure created new leaks below the cap, making it even harder to contain the oil by siphoning it.

BP had slowly dialed down the flow as part of the pressure test. Engineers are now monitoring the pressure to see if the busted well holds.
Story continues below :More below

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
well yall know this, they want to run it up to around 8000 psi , last i heard today is its up to 6000psi and things are ok, and they are doing all kind of test to see how the integrety of the well is, like sonar, test, etc, and ways to test the well, i heard on the cnn news, lol, that many of them felt with the explosion of the well , the well would have damage they cant see, and these psi test are needed, and many are pleasantly surprised at around 6000 psi thing look good, it was asked if it would just stay capped but i think they said later it would be pumped up to ships, i think they just want the oil , it sounded like, but can shut it off if bad weather comes, anyway i think they are now optimistic, let hope so anyway,,,

SSC

SSC
Admin
The PSI is holding at 6700 which is well below the hoped for numbers, they will run the test 4 1/2 more hours before determinng whether to reattach the surface lines. The fear is the oil and gas are venting into the rock deep below the gulf floor and could possibly explode.

gypsy

gypsy
rosco 357 wrote:well yall know this, they want to run it up to around 8000 psi , last i heard today is its up to 6000psi and things are ok, and they are doing all kind of test to see how the integrety of the well is, like sonar, test, etc, and ways to test the well, i heard on the cnn news, lol, that many of them felt with the explosion of the well , the well would have damage they cant see, and these psi test are needed, and many are pleasantly surprised at around 6000 psi thing look good, it was asked if it would just stay capped but i think they said later it would be pumped up to ships, i think they just want the oil , it sounded like, but can shut it off if bad weather comes, anyway i think they are now optimistic, let hope so anyway,,,
I hope it is fixed the link,now for the clean up which will take a while to complete~

SSC

SSC
Admin
Isn't it amazing how ill informed some can be . For some reason it seems people think the cap is the fix. Not by a long shot, the fix is the relief wells being drilled. Once that is completed hopefully within weeks then the clean up process will continue for possibly years to come. The dispersant BP is using has caused major complications allowing the oil to sink to the gulf floor thus going under booms and spreading into delicate estuaries.

gypsy

gypsy
oops leak,not link~:)

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:The PSI is holding at 6700 which is well below the hoped for numbers, they will run the test 4 1/2 more hours before determinng whether to reattach the surface lines. The fear is the oil and gas are venting into the rock deep below the gulf floor and could possibly explode.

ok i did not hear that, i heard it was 6700 psi, but the robots searching the ocean floor and the sonar or seismic whichever lol,, ships have seen no evidence of any leaks, and i saw they were extending the pressure test, one thing i know u probably know is, they think since the well spewed for 88 days i think they said, and sometimes without any cap, that the well may have lost pressure and will never be back to the pressure it once was, or that is what the hope is,and not a leak, but i know u follow this, it was on cnn about an hour or so ago, that theory, but bp is being prudent i think in this case and i agree,

SSC

SSC
Admin
Our local reports from the staging area are saying it may be days before oil would leak to the surface if there is a breach below the gulf floor and it would probably be in an all together different location. We are getting hourly updates on local stations.

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
oh ok that makes sense , u are closer to the problem than i am, but what cnn said is a possiblityl and its an optimistic one which i hope can be the correct one. for all of us, i think the ships are hunting for the deep leaks, with sonar or whatever, i THINK but not sure, but tomorrow may bring new info, lets hope its good, news,

gypsy

gypsy
Amen on good news,I totally agree with that.. LOL

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum