You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:20 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Gypsy after my parents passed so close together i heard their voices in the night, footsteps , even the smells were in my house, I have seen what looked like a mist move across a room , had things moved from where I had put them, felt the cold in the room they died in. UFO'S hard to believe but spirits yes I do believe..

27Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:32 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
, only thing i do which has nothing to do with seeing things, but late at nite at the lake while up watching a movie, i will go outside, and look up at the clear star sky, and think of all the work me and my dad did, up there, and think of him, ,,,,,oh one thing,at the lake.. timing could have not been anymore perfect, i was sitting out one nite on the screened in porch, and i had the spot lights on the yard, the lights went to the rocks and woods we are surrounded with, the thought came in my mind, only as a thought, the woods were dark, i thought, wow what if big foot came out, and i mean just at that moment, a big dog, walked out of the darkness of the woods, my heart went in my throat, lol, , i dont believe in big foot either, i know its stories are in washington or up there somewhere,it took a while for my heart to slow down,,,

28Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:44 pm

29Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:32 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I live at the home of the Honey Island Swamp monster, alot of old timers swear it is real, with numerous sightings in the deep swamps, foot prints and hair has been gathered as well as droppings...nice tourist attraction for sure

30Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:38 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Where i grew up, it was the headless train conducter, at a certain time of the night, on a moonless night we have seen a lantern type of light swinging on the railraoad track where the conducters head was severed by a train,as teens we were spooked, it was out by the old drag strip, it has never been solved.

31Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:33 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
oh we had a bridge that susposidly, (spelling) a woman was killed on and if u crossed it at midnight u could see her at the other end, but all it was ,was a teenage, story. i think mostly so u could get girls to go parking at a nearby grave yard,, which was private and had a good place to park,lol

oh but at the lake we drove up and my aunt was shouting there is a man down in the water, well he had been sitting on his runabout and fell out while it was moving, , and his father in law was to old to drive the boat, we jumped in the boat,and my cousin jumped in and swam as deep as he could, but as i have said this is a deep lake, and cold and so deep they did not cut alot of things on the bottom so things hang up,and being so cold deep, ppl dont swell up,,, it was on the other side of the part of the lake we are on, well he was found by some fishermen 30 months later, but i was younger, and we made up stories and told the even younger cousins, late at nite,sometime we use to swim at nite, under the boat house spot lights, adn told the cousins that if anything grabed their leg it was that man, the record on someone going down and then found up there is 36 months, oh when that man close to us was found, the prop of the boat had cut him bad, maybe even his neck but not sure. so there was probably no saving him,

32Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:45 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
many years ago a favorite party spot was an old graveyard, every night at mid-night a certain grave would begin to glow, it remained a mystery for years and became a very popular place , years passed most of us moved on in life but the grave yard was still a haunting place, possibly 10 years later it was discovered it was the reflection of a freight trains headlight rounding a curve out of hearing range..

33Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:32 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
wow, its rare that a mystery thing like that is solved,

34Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:20 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
It broke my heart, I loved the mystery of the old grave ..

35Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:42 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I did look it up, ,lights with no reason.. it said something about phosperous gasses??

36Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:10 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
We have that alot here in the swamp, they call it swamp gas, a very common happening here.

37Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:43 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Here in Florida we have a place in "Lake Wales" thats about a 40 minute drive from where we live thats called "Spook Hill" and thats not just a nickname the street is really named that.

Spook Hill:
Lake Wales, Florida:

Gravity Hills -- where cars inexplicably defy the laws of science -- lurk in every region across the America. Their locations are passed on by word-of-mouth, and they're frequented by cruising teenagers or families out for a thrill after church. Spook Hill is somewhat unique in that it's officially recognized by the town, and prominently marked for your uphill-rolling entertainment. There's a large sign on North Wales Drive explaining "The Legend" and how to experience the effect.

"Many years ago an Indian village on Lake Wales was plagued by raids of a huge gator. The Chief, a great warrior, killed the gator in a battle that created a small lake. The chief was buried on the north side. Pioneer mail riders first discovered their horses laboring down hill, thus naming it "Spook Hill." When the road was paved, cars coasted up hill. Is this the gator seeking revenge, or the chief still trying to protect his land?"

Check out this page all about it, and with pictures.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2058

38Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:06 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Oh I forgot to mention, I've been their several times before in my jeep with the top down, and I put my jeep in neutral sitting right on the line that is marked on the road, and much to my surprise the jeep started to roll uphill. I was blown away, and I even jumped out of my jeep to take a better look and it was indeed rolling uphill, I repeat, "uphill". :)

I've been back several times like I said, and each time I'm laughing as hysterically as I did the last. Its some kind of natural optical illusion obviously, but its still cool to watch, Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 503179

39Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:44 pm

"I've been back several times like I said, and each time I'm laughing as hysterically as I did the last. Its some kind of natural optical illusion obviously, but its still cool to watch" /// As far as I know, all of these that were notewothy were optical illusions. Now who's going for more campfire wood? ("Phosperescent". glowing, as in swamp gas. Swamp Gas: Methane)

40Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:16 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yes, I think most of these stories can be explained, but what about the person who says they seen a flying saucer with a green Martian climb out? What about them, did they see a "phosphorescent" not "Phosperescent" glowing light too? Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 503179

41Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:15 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
runawayhorses wrote:Yes, I think most of these stories can be explained, but what about the person who says they seen a flying saucer with a green Martian climb out? What about them, did they see a "phosphorescent" not "Phosperescent" glowing light too? Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 503179

i think i saw that movie, "the day the earth stood still", but not green but silver, lol

U know its funny but it seems most places have tales of spooky things, my sister dated a boy at the lake when we were up there, the went down a long narrow wooded road, at the bottom ,, it was called " cry baby hollow" seems some baby died there or something, and u could hear it crying, but i dont think my sister heard anything,

42Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:17 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
You are right Rosco, the more I travel the more tales I hear of mysterious happenings , the folklore of some areas is awesome.., Kinda like Santa you really never want to stop believing...

43Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:55 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
yes absolutly, we have one guy at work and he talked to ppl that worked in it before the co. i work for got the place, and asked if anyone died in it. so now he swears he hears noises ..i guarantee u he would not work alone at nite, i use to be scary, but now im older, i just dont care or think of it, sometimes i check and i have slept with the door not locked, but that is rare,lol i sleep with a noise maker, from the sleep section of walmart pharmacy . it makes different sounds but i just do the white noise, an loud, so loud someone could break in and i would never hear then, but i cant sleep with it quiet.. beside it says since this is from the sleep therapy part of the pharmacy, that the noise works with ur bodys biorythms, and makes u have a deeper sleep, if it goes off , like the power goes off, i wake up,,

44Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:56 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
That is interesting

45Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:24 am

I think everyone believes in UFO's, it's what these unidentified objects really are that stirs the debate :)

46Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:13 pm

fastdrummer

fastdrummer
I'm more interested in sightings of "Bigfoot".
People swear they see these things all over America.
I for one never have.
Doesn't mean they don't exist though..

47Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:19 pm

gypsy

gypsy
didn't they prove Big Foot a hoax?Trick/ the person doing this died so Big foot wasn't being seen, i think they proved it a hoax~

48Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:56 pm

fastdrummer

fastdrummer
Quite a few sightings have been proven a hoax..
Quite a few have not.
Every state in the Union has had sightings.
There appears to be more than one.

49Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:05 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
As I live next to the Honey Island Swamp, we have our own swamp monster, resembles the stature of Big Foot, there have been sightings for years , foot prints and an occasional patch of hair, but these were all found very deep in the swamp not normally invaded by man. I firmly believe there is something out there.

50Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:44 pm

fastdrummer

fastdrummer
I kind of do too..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum