You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:35 am

Show us the hair. Show us the toenail. Keep showing us the bad dream.

52Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:07 am

Moose

Moose
What would this world be like without Folk Lore? Big Foot sightings are nothing more than some poor hicks seeing a bear and not knowing what it was. Hell I know a country girl of all people that saw a pig and thought is was a friggin dog.

http://mooses-site.tripod.com/

53Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:34 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Legend : http://honeyisland.americanmonster.com/legend

For centuries a legend has haunted the Honey Island Swamp. A legend passed on from generation to generation. A legend of a huge creature, neither man nor beast, which lives in the deep cypress shadows of the Louisiana bayou. A creature that must, by every definition of the word, be considered a monster.

Less than an hour away from the chaotic heart of New Orleans lays a primordial backwater morass known as the Honey Island Swamp. Considered by many naturalists to be one of the most pristine swampland habitats in the United States, the Honey Island Swamp covers an area that is over 20 miles long and nearly 7 miles across, with 34,896 of its 70,000 acres government sanctioned as permanently protected wildlife area.

Known primarily for its catfish, snakes and alligators, the Honey Island Swamp is also known to be the home of black bears, red wolves, cougars, feral hogs and most notably, a dwindling population of Florida panthers. But there are some who believe that deep in the vast recesses of the swamp... in an area so impenetrable that one can only travel there by foot, horseback or boat... in a place so primeval, even experienced guides have known to become lost... there lives a ferocious predator more lethal than all others who lurk therein.

The legend of the Honey Island Swamp was first revealed to the world in 1974, when a pair of Air Traffic Controllers, Harlan E. Ford and Ray Mills, shambled out of the deep antediluvian sloughs of Honey Island with an unbelievable story... and something even more incredible.

The veteran hunters claimed to have discovered a pair of unusual footprints imbedded in the soft earth next to a wild boar whose throat had been torn open. They saw something else that day. Something that would change their lives
forever... they saw a monster.

They described a vicious looking creature that stood on two legs. A man-like animal that was covered with a coat dingy, gray hair. The men estimated that this beast stood over 7 feet tall and weighed somewhere between 400 and 500 lbs. But what they remembered most were its sickly yellow eyes, set far apart on its skull, and the horrific stench which surrounded this creature... it was the smell of death.

Thus begins the first official report of the Honey Island Swamp Monster, but the stories of this enigmatic beast date back for hundreds of years. Native Americans called this creature the Letiche, "a carnivorous, aquatic-humanoid" which they believed was once a once an abandoned child who was raised by alligators in uncharted regions of the swamp. Cajuns called the beast the Loup Carou, which has often been misinterpreted as a werewolf. This animal has been blamed for the numerous human and livestock deaths which have plagued the area for decades.

Perhaps the most bizarre legend surrounding the swamp monster revolves around a train wreck which allegedly occurred outside of the Pearl River in the early part of the 20th century. According to this account, the train was full of animals from a traveling circus, some of which escaped into the swamp. While most of these tropical beasts perished soon after, legend has it that a troop of chimpanzees survived and even went so far as to inter-breed with alligators. The result was a bizarre colony of repto-mammalian hybrids, which became legendary as the Honey Island Swamp Monsters.

The mystery continues to this day with more and more eyewitness reports filtering in on a yearly basis. Whatever this animal is, three things are for sure... this creature is large, it is carnivorous and it does not want to be found.

54Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:20 am

Mammalians and reptilians CANNOT inter-breed. Hope you had fun with this.

55Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:53 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Sounds like you're trying to cast a wet blanket on her story, I think the tale is an exaggeration and was "MEANT" to be fun.

56Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:58 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
You are right Tyler this has been folklore in my area for years and years , there are those who do believe in our swamp monster.
Moon lighten up a little.

57Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:52 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
SSC wrote:You are right Tyler this has been folklore in my area for years and years , there are those who do believe in our swamp monster.
Moon lighten up a little.

now if im not mistaken ssc u won the first annual halloween contest on the old sight. now if u can get a photo of that bad boy swamp thing, u probably will take the second annual halloween contest hands down,,, i guess this is the second one coming up??take care. now if u find a swamp thing turd, box it up and fed x it to marc, lol,, teasing mark, but becarfull opening boxes, loll take care pal

58Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:07 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Yes SSC won last years 1 annual Halloween gallery contest and her award is posted in the Announcement section.
Congrats again SSC.. cheers

Oh, and yes, we're having it again this year, and I'll make an announcement about it when it gets closer to the time, but this should be a good one this year with this forums ability to post just about any kind of coding. The possibilities are endless.

Anyway, I'm glad Marc is getting the fed box and not me..LOL

59Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:04 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
lol on the fed X box, hey if the swamp thang is to hard to do , just follow a big dog around with a box, ,marc cant tell,lmao

60Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:10 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
lol..that is funny Rosco..my poor buddy Moon ..oh well Fed-Ex on the way

61Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:18 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I don't think running around in a swamp trying to pick up doodoo to prove a point, is worth it~ but to each his own lol!

62Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:31 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Not surprised you couldn't pass up the opportunity for a classic smartass remark...but each to his own as you say

63Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:34 pm

gypsy

gypsy
oh i thought that was what all were doing~ cuse me!! Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 729264

64Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:42 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:I don't think running around in a swamp trying to pick up doodoo to prove a point, is worth it~ but to each his own lol!

Duhhh LMAO ,,,lol, it was a joke for moon , not a POINT, lmao, my gosh u cant even tell the difference, lol, hush laughing tyler, lol,,, i see ya, down there in florida LMAO,

65Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:45 pm

gypsy

gypsy
sure I can, i just thought I would join in the silliness, i am laughing Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 729264 along with uall~ Hi Tyler~....

have a doodoo night rosco up!!I mean Cowboy up!

66Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:24 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 302901 ....have another one

67Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:48 am

gypsy

gypsy
Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 729264

68Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:19 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
This topic could turn out to be the 'drinking topic' where people go when they been drinking, or for non-drinkers to get a laugh.. Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 503179

69Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:33 pm

gypsy

gypsy
yes that is what i was laughing at the little icon of a drinker, I am not a drinker, even though i have been accused many times, like the other person has all knowdledge of the person they are referring to,not just drinking part either.. oh well I think it is funny about some one can't maybe win so the make a inuenndo that someone is drinking,among other untrue things...

also i thought this a good place to also say, a good friends name was brought up on a topic discussed and Tyro(ben) isn't even posting,that may be why ,not to get into something that has been beat to death..

I don't think that is appropriate, if one can't debate with out bringing in a personal slur or reference to something they know nothing about..or toa friend, that a person has admitted to be jealous of, then maybe they should not say anything .. I am just letting off steam,, but I will come here if i am drinking my one glass of wine ,or drink i allow myself to have~not because i have a drinking problem, because my health won't allow it.. also everyone here in this swamp thingy and dodoo, was being smart assed, i figured i was also allowed to~now i have vented~ thanks`
Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 393252

Last edited by gypsy on Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:53 pm; edited 3 times in total

70Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:44 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Joining in with us in a joking manner would not have been a problem, your smartassed attitude is a problem, we were have a great time till you rolled in with the attitude. Why do you feel you must display yourself in that manner ??

It seems to me your complaint might have been better directed to Tyler in a PM than splattered all over the board , but that is just my opinion.

71Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:48 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 729264

72Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:06 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 692113

73Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:11 pm

gypsy

gypsy
ugly Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 729264

74Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:13 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
I know nothing about your friend "Tyro(ben)" other than he joined here, posted in the wrong place, and didn't reply to my PM to him, so I'm really not interested in what Tyro(ben) thinks or does as he isn't interested in replying to me. If his name was mentioned by another member here I think thats great, maybe they can get him to post, but frankly I don't know what you mean by ",that may be why ". That may be why what? that Tyro(ben) isn't posting becuase his name was mentioned?

Oh well, it doesn't matter. :)

75Do you believe in UFO's? - Page 3 Empty Re: Do you believe in UFO's? Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:18 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I think it was the things,mentioned here from another site,,no it doesn't matter, but for someone to mention a name for no reason when debating or arguing or whatever, is not right.. I came here to make my smart assed remark like everyone else did. but for some reason mine was commented on~ i thought it better to air it on board,.. I don't know why he didn't answer you, but he did state hhe was not familiar with things here yet~..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum