You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Movie Robin Hood  Empty Movie Robin Hood Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:55 am

gypsy

gypsy
With Russell Crowe a good movie, a bit different from the other Robin Hood movies, I recommend it..

2Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:50 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:With Russell Crowe a good movie, a bit different from the other Robin Hood movies, I recommend it..

thanks its not in red box yet they have to have been on sale for 30 days before they can be rented , but thats ok that works to my advantage i had rather weed them out the ones ppl say are good or not, , new ones come out every tuesday, just as the rental stores did, but redbox is putting vid stores out of business along with netflex, , i talked to the redbox tech that was doing something to the one at walmart, i said how is business, he told how many millions of dollars they do each day but i forgot how many million, i want a hard copy, so i can take to the lake or let my kids borrow it before i take it back , etc, and its just a buck ,

3Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:38 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i got the dvd
Prince of Persia , the place i go that rates movies, said 71 percent of the ppl liked it, but we shall see, i will give my opinion after watching it, iron man 2 comes to redbox next week, i liked iron man the original one alot,

4Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:45 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Loved Prince of Persia, is also good for young children to watch~~

5Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:59 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:Loved Prince of Persia, is also good for young children to watch~~

ok thanks the grands can watch it. here is where i goto check out movies , i really should go there more before i rent, but its a bit hard i like movies many ppl do not, have u seen EDGE OF DARKNESS will mel gibson its really good, i may have said this, here is the url to . the sight i use rotten tomatoes,that is loaded with info, on movies and dvds , skip the add clips if u choose if one is on, to get to the sight, sometimes it has a movie clip running,but i save it in the dvd section u can go other place i think ,
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/dvd/

6Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:54 pm

gypsy

gypsy
A SAD note//what is wrong with Mel Gibson? I always liked his movies/and him
but ,,,if you hit your wife/and abuse your children//I don't understand//I will not watch another one of his movies//or exploit him..
until explained

7Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:14 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i heard but forgot, but his career is over, he has a problem, i think i heard he probably will never make another movie, but who knows,

8Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:20 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:Loved Prince of Persia, is also good for young children to watch~~
i enjoyed Prince of Persia. but it was a bit busy, but it was pretty good, better than some, i have got,

9Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:42 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i got by my surprise at red box , ironman 2 , will let u know how it is , unless gypsy has already seen it, we can compair note, lol, lucky to get it,,, it was the premier movie tuesday when they come out, i liked ironman, i read this one is not quiet as good but was pretty good, i will find out, take care,

10Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:50 am

gypsy

gypsy
We will look forward to it

11Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:44 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:We will look forward to it
well i fell asleep friday late nite watching ironman 2, but have u seen either one of these, "Legendary" or "ondine" i think i spelled the last one correct, its collin farell he is a fisherman that catches a like some kinda woman in his net i dont think its a mermaid, but whatever, let me know if u have seen either one, i think legendary is a true story of highschool wresting, kinda the under dog type movie, , i will now that i wrote down the names look them up on the web sight i use, and i will finish ironman 2 tonight saturday nite, or hope i do, i hate to fall asleep, for some reason if do when i wake up and have had nite sweats, but i dont have them when just sleeping in the bed, so not sure what causes that, just to have them on the couch, but my t shirt is soaked, ,

12Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:08 am

gypsy

gypsy
No I haven't seen those movies you mentioned we will probably rent ironman this week..

13Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:34 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:No I haven't seen those movies you mentioned we will probably rent ironman this week..
i think ondine may be good, with collin farrel , its mythical , the woman he catches goes with him and she sing or something and he catches lots of fish , she draws them, but anyway, go here to check things, i notice on this sight, it ranks it but shows the percentage beside it of the ppl that liked it, and that is usually larger than the sights ratings, it has lots of stuff, to find those movies u will have to type in the movie and hit go ,,, and it will pull up the movie, it has list of the most popular ones now and u just have to click them, u can watch the preview trailers(sp) of them also, when u go to a movie, here is the url u can put in bookmark, or favorites which ever browser u use, here is the url,, take care,

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/dvd/

14Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:57 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
watched 9TH COMPANY , a russian film about their war in Afghanistan, the then soviet union had it rough, the mujaheddin had about as good weapons as the soviet soldier , the usa furnished stinger missles and i dont know what else to the muja, but if the movie was true to how it was, the soviet supply guy would give a worn out AK-47 to the new recruit and sell the new one to the mujaheddin . it was a mess, it stated no country has ever taken Afghanistan. if the terrain was true to form in the part showed was high rock mountains, tough place to fight, but the movie i did not like. at all, u can tell if its still that way the russian soldier is not up to par with an american soldier,but maybe technology has changed things, but the soviet union was a poor country, but dont spend money on the movie, will watch ondine tonight i think and report in,if not that the new karate kid movie, take care

15Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:51 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
I watched ONDINE. with collin Farrell, i dont know why i get foreign films i never like them, this story was not bad, but it was a movie from an irish company made there, collin was a fisherman and caught a girl in his net, and in a few minutes he discovered she was alive. the problem was it did not have subtitles available, and they had real strong irish accents, so strong lots of it i could not understand, and the weather was always dreary, the story i really never understood what in mythology type, she was, but it had a happy ending,but i dont recommend it...

16Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:51 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i watched Russell Crowe in robin hood, and i really liked it, it was not the story everyone knows but the beginning of before he took to the wood and at the end of the movie they were going into the wood, and it said the beginning, but i liked the story, of what the movie had, sounds like its set up for a sequel .
very good and educational, i think the story is true, as he was in the english army coming home from the crusades with king Richard the lion hearted, ,

17Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:30 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
rosco 357 wrote:i watched Russell Crowe in robin hood, and i really liked it, it was not the story everyone knows but the beginning of before he took to the wood and at the end of the movie they were going into the wood, and it said the beginning, but i liked the story, of what the movie had, sounds like its set up for a sequel .
very good and educational, i think the story is true, as he was in the english army coming home from the crusades with king Richard the lion hearted, ,

Robin Hood is a figure in archetypal English folk tales. Many accounts of Robin Hood, though not the very earliest, bear a striking similarity to accounts of the life of Fulk FitzWarin, a Norman noble who was disinherited and became an outlaw and an enemy of John of England. In the oldest legends the outlaw's enemy is the sheriff due simply to his profession, but in later versions the sheriff is despotic and gravely abuses his position, appropriating land, levying excessive taxation, and persecuting the poor. In some tales the antagonist is Prince John, based on the historical John of England, who is seen as the unjust usurper of his pious brother Richard the Lionheart. In the oldest versions surviving, Robin Hood is a yeoman, but in some later versions he is described as a nobleman, the earl of Loxley (or Locksley), who was unjustly deprived of his lands. In other stories, he has served in the crusades, returning to England to find his lands pillaged by the dastardly sheriff. In some tales he is the champion of the people, fighting against corrupt officials and the oppressive order that protects them, while in others he is an arrogant and headstrong rebel, who delights in bloodshed, cruelly slaughtering and beheading his victims.

Robin Hood
legendary English outlaw of the 12th century who robbed the rich to help the poor; story of a British robber who steals from the rich and gives to the poor
The Norman's were French...they conquered England. The only time we were taken....except before that the Vikings from Denmark. Maybe the Romans did as well. Achtung Germany failed...

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/allcreativefriends/

18Movie Robin Hood  Empty Yeoman Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:40 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
The word Yeoman is commonly used in association with a military duty, position, or rank originating from the common use of the word in the 13th and 14th Centuries in medieval warfare, as well in the royal court and noble households. The word Yeoman also has several other related meanings:
A man holding a small landed estate

You decide if the story is true. Chinese Whispers...perhaps word of mouth.

Kings in those days had to fight for the Throne.

19Movie Robin Hood  Empty Fulk FitzWarin Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:48 pm

Candy Cottingham

Candy Cottingham
Veteran
Fulk FitzWarin (also called Fulke or Fouke FitzWaryn or FitzWarren) was a medieval landed gentleman turned outlaw, from Whittington Castle in Shropshire, England. The traditional story of his life survives in a French prose "ancestral romance", extant in a miscellaneous manuscript containing English, French and Latin texts, which is based on a lost verse romance. A 16th century summary of a Middle English version has also been preserved.

Latin was written on a roll of Parchment. goatskin scroll....paper made of goatskin or sheep or calf.
It was stretched and scraped and dried under tension.

20Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:32 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
the movie was about him a archer in the crusades with richard the lion hearted,for 10 years and when richard the king was killed robin met the ship and took the crown back and a dieing knight loxely had him take his sword back to his father, in nottingham, and his loxelys father had robin pose as richard loxely so marion would have a husband and not loose her land, since her father was in poor health,france had landed 200 men and fooled the then king john into gathering taxes, to cause the nobles to march on john but they found out france would invade, but the plot was uncovered, and john made peace, and beat the french on the shores of the channel and then went back on his word with the nobles, and made robin an outlaw, the end of the movie they all were going into the forest to live as the youth has already been living in the woods and had already been stealing food and such,the sheriff was not in the movie alot at that point in the story, it could have a sequel coming . i hope this made sense, i typed fast we have bad weather coming,

21Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:24 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i rented the movie SALT with Angelina Jolie,, a lady at the red box had saw it and said it was good, also the web sight rotten tomatoes rated it good and a good majority of the ppl that saw it liked it, there was another one, that they liked even more, but i forgot the name, its a great web sight, it talks about whats coming out for rent next week, and the top rentals, and u can watch trailers,just lots of info, and u can do a search for any dvd,even some older ones, will let u know if i liked SALT< or gypsy u may have seen it already

22Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:40 pm

gypsy

gypsy
No Rosco haven't
seen it yet. let me know if it is good:)

23Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:31 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
gypsy wrote:No Rosco haven't
seen it yet. let me know if it is good:)

SALT was a very good movie, lots of action and mystery..

24Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:21 pm

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
got the movie INCEPTION with L DiCaprio. i got it because when i was checking SALT, the ratings, INCEPTION was ranked about as high as i have seen 93 percent of the ppl that watched it and rated it as a movie they liked alot,, most even SALT was not that high..will let u know, i use a sight called "rotten tomatoes" , its a great sight, lots of info,

25Movie Robin Hood  Empty Re: Movie Robin Hood Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:11 am

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i rented the movie " THE TOWN" its not good, very depressing, about a bad neighbor hood in boston, very depressing, dont rent it,

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum