You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My first post... hope i have this right.. Empty My first post... hope i have this right.. Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:47 am

jonsey

jonsey
Hello:: The wife just left for work.. I chat all the time with folks on IYT but this is the first time i have tried this kind of Forum.. So here goes.. I am 75 my wife is 71 she will retire this year.. We have a son and a daughter and one grandchild ''Paul''.. I have been retired for over 20 years from Scott Paper co.... There is not many subjects i don't at least know a little about.. some of course nothing.. but science and astronomy is my favorite.. so having said what i have said.. I will check to see if any replies or questions or anyone wanting to just chat... I will be checking the forum about twice a day... Since retirement I devide my time up to 3 hours Computer 3 Hours Tv and 3 Hours reading... Rest is resting...[i]

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Hi jonsey, you might find the "Science of the Universe" section of the forum interesting. Or if you have something interesting in that category to post you can click "New Topic" and start a new topic. The "Science of the Universe" section is near the bottom of the forum.

gypsy

gypsy
Hi Jonsey, we are a chatting group, lots of different subjects chatted about, and some pretty good debates~ welcome again!

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
hi jonsey, good to see u post, and glad u told us something about yourself, i work long hours, so i dont get to chat much or post much as i use to,, but good to see u post. i hope when i retire i have a long one like you,, im 60 so i have to work 5 more years to get on medicare, wish i did not have to go to work another day. i use to have a great job i loved, it was union, and i enjoyed my work, it too was nite shift work. but it closed in 2000,, where i work now, is much harder, but atleast im working, which many ppl are hunting jobs, so as tough as it is it could be worse, take care

jonsey

jonsey
Hello Rosco.. I will tell you anything/most everything can get old.. Sorry you lost a job you loved''.. that is hard to take and especially when you then have to take one you don't care that much about... In retirement there is ''much to much boredom''.. I had it all set up for the rest of my life but '''after 20 years all the planning has been done and outdone.. i am going to have to check that site Rjunaway Horses mentioned on science.. I was in managment all my life and unfortunately ''really know how to do nothing physical even drive a nail'' nothing to brag about for I found working with the mind is harder than any physical labor... I was lucky worked 27 years and retired at age 52... Those plans are not out there anymore...

6My first post... hope i have this right.. Empty reply Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:41 pm

jonsey

jonsey
Gypsy I will check the forum often and try to add my thoughts to any of the 'threads'' started.. Thanks for having me on this for it is the first one i ever dealt with.. I really am more in to Emails and have been for many many years...

7My first post... hope i have this right.. Empty Horseman Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:44 pm

jonsey

jonsey
I had/have checked the science forum... right up to snuff.. So much on that subject i would not know where to start.. Think i will gave a shot to a ''new post''

rosco 357

rosco 357
Veteran
i have been a machinist an tool and die maker, but all that changed on how they did it, while i worked at my dream job for 20 years, i have 11 more at other machine shops, and about 8 where i am now, i worked with millwrights and electricians and they were just in the maintenance department so i picked up a lot in all those years, i even did the electrical when i added on to my house,i can do most anything electrical. i hardly ever hire work done. i do most everything myself, but the older i get , i do hire some things now, like new garage doors, some things are just worth the money,, to let a company do them..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum