You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 12 of 14]

276What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:10 pm

gypsy

gypsy
picture of last night's supper

What's For Supper ? - Page 12 001

277What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:22 pm

gypsy

gypsy
SSC could I have your recipe for Jambalaya pie,I have never prepared one.

278What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:30 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Gypsy, it is very simple, you prepare Jambalaya as you normally would in a skillet either with seafood-chicken or sausage, take 2 deep dish pie shells bake the first one, then fill it with the jambalaya mixture, cover with the second pie shell pinching the edge bake until the crust is well brown and jambalaya has warmed thoroughly. I use a deep pyrex baking dish, it is the same method as a pot pie but I do bake the bottom shell, it keeps it more crispy. I sprinkle a little Tony's on the top shell before baking but the Slap Yo Mama seasoning works great also, just adds a little more southern taste. Hope you like it.

279What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:47 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Sounds delicious~Thanks. I will try this, this weekend, can't get up the driveway yet, until more thawing occurs.

280What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:47 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Another way to use jambalaya is to make the batter for cornbread, again using a deep pyrex dish pour about half your batter in the bottom fill with the precooked jambalaya, use remaining batter to cover the top, bake about 45 min to an hour, the cornbread should be golden brown. You can mix bits of onion, jalapeno, or even some cooked meat ( the same as is in the jambalaya) to the batter also. If your jambalaya is a little dry use a bit of broth or water in the mixture before putting it in the baking dish.

281What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:18 pm

gypsy

gypsy
That also sounds good, my husband loves anything to do with cornbread .
he is definitely a country man:)

282What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:00 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Such a beautiful day, we grilled hamburgers, potato's onion's garlic,roasted on the grill,and chef salad.

dessert,pecan pie.

283What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:59 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Cabbage rolls, a bit different, but delicious..

Makes about six servings)

12 cabbage leaves
1 cup cooked white rice (cook in beef broth for added flavor)
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup minced onion
1 pound extra-lean meat, half ground beef and half ground pork
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 8-ounce cans tomato sauce
1 14.5-ounce can diced or crushed tomatoes, with liquid
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Directions

First, steam the entire head of cabbage in a pot of boiling water, making sure to cut off the core first. Let the cabbage head boil for about 6-8 minutes -- if you notice leaves separating from the head, you can gently peel away the softened leaves with a long fork. Drain the head of cabbage and peel the necessary amount of leaves when cool.
Grab a large bowl and combine the rice, egg, milk, onion, garlic powder, ground beef, ground pork, salt, and pepper. Scoop about a 1/4 cup of this mixture into the center of each cabbage leaf and roll them up, making sure to tuck in the ends.
If you’d like to slow cook them, place the rolls in the slow cooker. If you’d like to bake them, place them in a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. If you are using the oven, preheat it to 350 degrees F.
In a separate bowl, mix together the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, brown sugar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour the sauce over the cabbage rolls.
If using the slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours. If using the oven, cover with foil and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
Enjoy!

284What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:32 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:picture of last night's supper

What's For Supper ? - Page 12 001
Next time you take a pic of your dinner I want you to set the table nicely and use your best dishes and silverware. You have a frying pan on the table for cryin out loud. lmao

285What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:00 am

gypsy

gypsy
well this was on the counter,. next time I will fancy it up at the dining room table, with flowers,and good china. Love your input.

286What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:07 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:well this was on the counter,. next time I will fancy it up at the dining room table, with flowers,and good china. Love your input.
Just teasing you..lol Sure if you really want to fancy it up at the dining room table and take a pic I'd like to see it..  smile

287What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:10 am

gypsy

gypsy
I know you were teasing, it is nice when I get a bit fancy :)

288What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:57 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Grilled salmon,Chef Salad, Brownies, with vanilla ice cream.

289What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:26 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Shrimp Scampi over linguine,Cesar salad,garlic bread, strawberry pie.

290What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:38 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Whoo! I am stuffed>> grilled pork chops,dry rub brown them quick turn heat down and brush with Catsup,raspberry,butter vinaigrette, slowly cook ten more minutes. Spinach casserole, white beans,corn bread, no dessert tonight, to full. plus worked hard all day, I is tired~

291What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty supper tonight Chicken pot pie Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:38 pm

gypsy

gypsy
corn on cob,marinated snow peas,asparagus, and thunder salad

[url=What's For Supper ? - Page 12 10275568_10152239926652605_703531381192554127_o

292What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:40 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Grilled jumbo shrimp and crab stuffed portabello mushrooms, asparagus and corn wrapped in bacon, cole slaw and fresh strawberry shortcake, it is strawberry time here, I just made 40 pints of preserves, 20 pints of jelly and froze 5 gallons of berries . Dew berries and blackberries are getting ripe so that will be my next jellies, I might go scoop up some mayhaws and make the jelly too.

293What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Fri May 02, 2014 10:27 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
TGIF !!! grilled ribeye steaks, chef salad, shrimp stuffed mushrooms grilled, eggplant puffs and strawberries and homemade pound cake with a strawberry glaze...Kids just left for a ball game, so think I will throw together a couple pizzas with deer sausage, ham, bacon, pepperoni, red,yellow and orange peppers, sweet onions, black olives and pineapple. That should satisfy them about midnight. Last head count going out the door was 6 but I am sure more will come back from the game.

294What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sat May 03, 2014 4:18 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Off to Jazz Fest pot of seafood gumbo finished and will be waiting on our return...Loving Louisiana

295What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sun May 04, 2014 6:23 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Lazy day, wore my butt out at the Jazz Fest yesterday, taking the easy route and making tacos (beef & chicken ), enchiladas , nacho's and cheese and strawberry shortbread cookies, that should please everyone when they come back from the beach.

296What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sun May 04, 2014 9:57 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Mexican Chicken Spaghetti.

Ingredients

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 lb velveeta cheese, regular or mexican
1 can(s) rotel tomatoes, regular or hot
1 lb spaghetti pasta
1 stick butter
1 can(s) cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can(s) cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 medium onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, red or green, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

1 Boil chicken breasts in a large pot adding 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper to water.
2 Remove chicken when completely done, about 10 to 12 minutes.
3 Boil spaghetti pasta in remaining broth according to package directions. Drain pasta after done and discard water. Set aside the pasta...Do not rinse.
4 Melt the butter in that same (empty) pot and saute the onion and bell pepper.
5 Add tomatoes, soup, cooked chicken (cut into bite-size pieces) and spaghetti to the sauteed onion mixture, one at a time, and gently mix together.
6 Add cheese and stir together, mixing well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7 Heat until cheese is melted thoroughly, stirring occasionally to keep from scorching.
8 SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve with a salad and hot garlic bread.

297What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Tue May 06, 2014 12:35 pm

the hermit

the hermit
I'm having Rissoles, bet you have never heard of them have you?
I once had them served at an RAF, (air force) station, I pointed to them and i asked the cook,:
"what are they rissoles?",
he said,  "no they are arseholes, i should know i made them.

298What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Tue May 06, 2014 3:09 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Well that would be an interesting meal for sure...LOL

299What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Tue May 06, 2014 4:08 pm

gypsy

gypsy
the hermit wrote:I'm having Rissoles, bet you have never heard of them have you?
I once had them served at an RAF, (air force) station, I pointed to them and i asked the cook,:
"what are they rissoles?",
he said,  "no they are arseholes, i should know i made them.
   What's For Supper ? - Page 12 729264  umm~ I am  kind of a loss of words.. I think I would decline on that meal  What's For Supper ? - Page 12 457757

300What's For Supper ? - Page 12 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Tue May 06, 2014 4:13 pm

gypsy

gypsy
my supper for tonight,White beans with ham,Wilted spinach with onions,radishes,bacon crumbles and olive oil, vinegar dressing you heat the oil and vinegar dressing pour over fresh spinach,salt pepper ,cayenne, and bacon crumble.

Dessert apple dumplings.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum