You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 14]

51What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:35 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I chose to stop drinking almost 7 years ago, don't miss it at all, to busy seeing the world clearly.
I love good sweet tea Tyler, I made a pitcher today and steeped some fresh peaches in it, it is awesome.

52What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:52 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Now you're talkin, that sounds delicious. I been drinking this mixed ice tea that comes in a jar. You've seen it its the power kind where you add 4 teaspoons in a glass and stir it up, then fill the glass with ice. Its the Winn Dixie brand I been getting lately and I love it. :)

Just thinking about it I think I'll make a glass right now. :)

53What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:57 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
gypsy wrote:Thanks Tyler!!

when we have a beer,it is usually with ethnic food,wine also!!
we are very romantic .LOL.
even saki, with Japanese~.
Yeah beer is very romantic..LOL What's For Supper ? - Page 3 37361

Actually there are times I'd rather just have ice tea or a coke with dinner, but I can be easily persuaded to have a beer instead. What's For Supper ? - Page 3 67629

54What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:14 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Well the dinners are romantic, usually have one beer or one glass of wine.and not every night.

55What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:42 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
TGIF !!! Pizza and pasta night as a herd of girls will decend into my house after school. I will make a huge fruit tray, already have the once a week junk food and then it will be off to hide in my room for some TV. Daughter is off today so she gets to oversee the goings on tonight, they love when she is here, painting nails, doing hair and makeup. Amazing group of girls and all so smart and focused on their future.

56What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:47 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Supper tonight Tuna croquettes, mashed potato,pea salad,sliced tomato. ICE TEA!!

57What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:40 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Pizza and tea, good combination.. smile

I had a couple hotdogs, not bad.

58What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:01 am

SSC

SSC
Admin
I love hotdogs especially the Hebrew Nation brand, so many different combinations to top them with.

59What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:07 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Talking about Hot Dog's, that is what are having for supper, with any topping you want, my topping will be mustard,catchup,and pickle relish.

60What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:29 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I am saurkraute, onions , dill pickle and cajun mayo and a tad bit of creole mustard

I just read on yahoo health hot dogs eaten by children every other day have a higher risk of causing leukemia, glad I'm not a kid I love them.

61What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:36 pm

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
SSC wrote:I am saurkraute, onions , dill pickle and cajun mayo and a tad bit of creole mustard

I just read on yahoo health hot dogs eaten by children every other day have a higher risk of causing leukemia, glad I'm not a kid I love them.
I love hotdogs too. When I hear reports like that such as chicken hotdogs causing leukemia it doesn't phase me one bit. If you read deep enough into any type of food someone will tell you its bad for you or it causes some kind of disease. So if you take all the studies on all the different typed of foods, you can conclude nothing is good for you. So you might as well choose your poison you like best and let the chips fall where they may.

I choose to not listen to any of it.

62What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:39 pm

gypsy

gypsy
I agree tyler one would have to eat them by the pounds,for long period of time..they test them on mice, rats..

63What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:40 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I agree, it will get you one way or another, if lettace isn't contaminated then it is onions or tomatoes, now cantalope is being recalled. Pain in the ass.

64What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:54 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Cajun seafood Gumbo,french cheese- garlic bread, dessert hummingbird cake. Iced tea!
my gumbo recipe was given to me by my brother in laws 91 year old Aunt,she claims this is the real version of gumbo.. smile

_

65What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:59 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
A nice ride to the coast for some fresh shrimp and crabs, we go to a restaurant that over looks the bay, even with a rainy day it was a nice outing and the food is pure heaven.

66What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:53 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
Baked cajun seasoned chicken, fresh eggplant casserole, slaw, and homemade frozen banana yogurt icecream over a homemade anglefood cake drizzled with melted dark chocolate

67What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:50 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
That sounds real nice the restaurant overlooking the bay. Great environment to eat seafood, it doesn't get any better than that. There is a seafood restaurant in Vero beach FL overlooking the Atlantic Ocean that I love to go to. Its right next to a Holiday Inn hotel. The restaurant has big glass windows all the way around it over looking the ocean, a bar and outside deck on the ocean. I love being in the restaurant when its storming, setting at a table sipping on a drink looking out at the Atlantic Ocean while it storms is awesome.

68What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:20 pm

SSC

SSC
Admin
I love the ones where you can see the water and boats coming in and out, really adds something special to the atmosphere. At sunset it is breathtaking to see the reflections on the water. We have seen a couple water spouts in the distance also, they are awesome to watch.

69What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:04 pm

gypsy

gypsy
Sitting here eating Delicious Missouri Watermelon,
juices dripping down my chin LOL my dessert..
we had ham sandwiches for supper.

70What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:46 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
What would you say is the defining difference between Missouri Watermelon and "Kentucky" Watermelon?

71What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:55 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
SSC wrote:I love the ones where you can see the water and boats coming in and out, really adds something special to the atmosphere. At sunset it is breathtaking to see the reflections on the water. We have seen a couple water spouts in the distance also, they are awesome to watch.
Yes I like that too. You're more likely to see boats coming in and out at the Gulf.

We were in Portland Maine one year on vacation and we stayed at a hotel over looking a Harbor that was mostly for seafood fisherman bringing in there catch, it was fun watching the boats come in and out of the harbor. We had dinner at a seafood restaurant there that specialized in lobster, and it was a boat converted into a seafood restaurant that was still in the water at the harbor. It was kinda rustic as you might expect but was very fancy and nice all at the same time. We went back there again the next evening and had dinner again it was so good. I of course had the lobster both nights. A whole lobster. :)

I was wearing a coat and tie (suit) at the time and they offered to put a bib (one of those napkins around your neck to keep the food off your shirt and pants) but I declined and elected to take my chances. :) Actually most everyone had the napkin around there neck.

72What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:20 am

gypsy

gypsy
runawayhorses wrote:What would you say is the defining difference between Missouri Watermelon and "Kentucky" Watermelon?
the soil,like vidilla onions are sweeter because of the red Georgia soil. Missouri has black gumbo soil, especially in southeast Missouri.

73What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:26 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
What about 'Taste"?

74What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:50 am

gypsy

gypsy
Missouri Melons seem sweeter,or maybe it is nostalgia,since I am from Missouri ,,all I know it was Yummy~:)

75What's For Supper ? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's For Supper ? Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:55 am

runawayhorses

runawayhorses
Owner
Oh ok. We grow watermelons down here too.

I think its funny when snowbirds come down here, they always want there picture taken holding an Orange.. What's For Supper ? - Page 3 440643

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum